[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Accutane and skin care
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: Skin-Care.jpg (121 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
Skin-Care.jpg
121 KB, 1280x853
I started accutane a month and a half ago and besides the normal side effects I've been feeling very fucking bipolar. Granted I was somewhat emotional before, and I'm going through some shit right now, though it seems like anything sets me off, from being pissed off, annoyed, or depressed. Besides personal shit, when does this crap get ride of hyper pigmentation, I still have red marks all over my checks and forehead.
>>
Come on anons, I know there's tane fags in this board.
>>
>>36796970
what advice did you fucking ask you just jumbled a bunch of words together into a blog post
>>
I took that shit for almost two years in high school. Never noticed any of the suicidal thoughts they warned me about, had some but I figure what teenager doesn't. Dried my skin out horribly but it eventually worked, haven't had more a pimple or two in years.
>>
>>36796991
I posted a different version on /adv/ so I guess I probably should've switched it up a bit. Anyways I just want some opinions in whether tane actually fucks you mentally or am I just blaming it for my life problems, and when it gets ride of red marks.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 480x480
Just got off myorisan for 6 months. No side effects other than dry skin and lips. Skin a better, but I was up shit creek before I started taking it. Need help with redness though if anyone has suggestions.
>>
I went through a fucking ton of carmex and lotion because of the dryness. My jimmies were always rustled too, but it was that way before I started.
>>
>>36797286
Took accurate for around a year, my mood swings were fucking insane. Although the worst thing about it is that it dried the shit out of my lips. A year later, I still have an awful split lip that seemingly is never going to heal
>>
>>36797302
Accutane* damn autocorrect
>>
>>36796782
fellow accutane fag here, 1 month into the stuff. The emotional side-effects are intense. If you can't handle it, quit the pills. Personally, I find it helpful to remind myself that the negative feelings are phony, just chemical sides, and they don't reflect how I truly feel. As for the hyperpig, just keep taking it. four months to go, anon.
>>
>>36797372
Thanks for the advice anon, it's nice knowing someone else is feeling the crazy as emotional shit it can cause.
>>
>>36796782
Never had and psychological side effects from Accutane.

I even went back on it in a lower does some 8 years later when my back got consistent acne.

But my first high dosage in High School cleared my face up extremely well even to this day.

Just had dry lips during treatment.

But it's a fucking live saver for people with bad acne.

Put up with the side effects if you can. Accutane is the ONLY known "cure" effective treatment for mad acne.
>>
>>36796782

Took accutane my senior year of HS, never dealt with psychological effects. But I was such a general mess from 11th - basically last year that I doubt I'd have noticed. Been rolling in depression forever
>>
>>36796782

been on it long time, low dose though (20mgs every three days), way less sides and way less pigmentation -- but it keeps me totally clear. Also helps if you moisturize properly and often: specially before going to bed, just leave it on while you sleep.

a month and a half isn't really enough time to get fully clear and normalized, in another month and a half you should normalize. But if your dose is very high you're skin will be very sensitive and prone to pigmentation.

as for psych issues i didn't notice anyway myself, but if you do notice them then just associate them to the drug and frame them as temporary things that will pass.

tl;dr take lower dose and moisturize better and wait for your body to adapt to it
>>
You guys are doing it wrong desu. I was close to that Adam Levine tier acne but didnt go with the Accutane meme. Just wash your dirty fucking faces, shave, change your pillow sheets and stop consuming dairy you sick fucks.
>tfw no scars or craters
>>
How do I get accutane? Is it pills? What is the typical price? Thanks guys.
>>
I'm convinced accutane has made me more emotional man, mood swings and more noticeably I would cry more easily, it doesn't even make sense. Currently month 9 on my 1 year course. The facial aesthetic gains still outweigh the shifty side effects tho imo.
>>
>>36797885
yikes
>>
>>36797888
You get it from your dermatologist, you can't get them over the counter. Yes, it's pills.
>>
>>36797928
It was bretty bad but god bless cetaphil man.
>>
>>36797885
The only point you're proving is that the reason you had acne was that you were an unhygenic fuck. Most people on Accutane can be as hygienic and clean as they want but will still have acne because it's genetics skin disease.
>>
>>36797760
I run daily, do you think running outside in the sun without sun block is going to make my pigmentation worse?
Inb4 cardio kills gains
>>36797888
Go to a dermatologist and ask for it, unless your skin is not bad at all, he'll probably be down. They're daily pills that cost like $20, but you got to get a blood work test every month, which is like 50 dollars? I think. Overall if you have shit skin genetics it's completely worth every dime.
>>
>>36797885
you know what accutane did for me?

I no longer have to care about my diet like that anymore. I don't get a pimple face whenever I drink milk or eat some cheese. do you have any idea how easy bulking is with dairy? I'm happy I don't have to live that life anymore.

>thinking cutting something out of your life entirely is a good way to live
>>
>>36797987
You are half right. Im a clean person overall but what would fuck me up was creamer in my coffee and wasnt aware that not washing my pillow case would JUST my face. Most people dont realize how much shit they put on their face whether it was intentional or not.

>>36797999
B-but it is good to cut that stuff out anon. I never cared for milk or cheese in general but if I go out and order a cheeseburger I'm going to eat it.
>>
>>36797990
>I run daily, do you think running outside in the sun without sun block is going to make my pigmentation worse?

yes, probably a bit worse. you aren't supposed to be exposed to much sun when you're on tane...makes your skin very sensitive and "thin"
>>
I've been on isotretinoin for 3 weeks now, done pretty well so far just dry lips but I also moisturise my face quite a lot, do notice it gets a little dry if I dont. If you guys get white heads do you just leave them? I have been popping them very very lightly but maybe this could still fuck up my skin idk.

Shit has done wonders for my back though, almost no pimples there anymore already
>>
>>36797885
also yes I'm 100% sure people would make those changes before trying something like accutane which can have serious side effects. For me I think my breakouts were influenced by milk and other dairy products. Sometimes I do get small breakouts even when I manage my shit perfectly, and I have been putting up with acne since puberty, with only some periods of being clear. I'm over it senpai
>>
>>36797990
Holy shit, wear sunscreen, anon. Broad spectrum, SPF 20+

Unprotected sun exposure will be the reason your hyperpigmentation never goes away.
>>
To any of you who have super hard acne

I'm going to recommend you one thing that might or might not work, but it did for me.

I used to have super hard acne that flared when I was 15.

When I was 20 I got fed up of that shit and decided to try everything, from zinc to multiple vitamins.

What completely cleared it was Vit. A.

I advise you get Vitamin A caps (25.000 IU each)

You take two the first day of the week, then one cap a day. After that, if your acne didn't clear up, then it's something else.

But I did that and my acne cleared at the first week, it was crazy.
>>
>>36800678

this works^
I used to take 30,000 to 60,000 IU Vit A per day for like a 8 months, taking a couple months off now just to clear it out of my system.

i still take 10,000 IU vit D and some zinc every day tho
>>
>>36796782

I took it for a year when I was 19 and it gave me extremely bad mood swings and dry lips. I'm 26 now and have been fairly acne free ever since but accutane is fairly dangerous with some long lasting side effects that can be pretty detrimental. Make sure its what you really want anon.
>>
>>36801187

you're dose was probably too high

>dry lips

easily cured with moisturizer

>mood swings

your own psycho issues, or your dose was really way too high

> some long lasting side effects that can be pretty detrimental

extremely rare, like...in the same probability that tylenol or aspirin will give u long lasting sides
>>
I've tried everything, Tetracycline, AHA, BHA, did 2 months of accutane but the sides were too big so i stopped, tried every mudmask, Hydrogen Peroxide, Benzoyl peroxide.
Nothing worked (the tetra worked great but it stopped working after about a year, and im not sure how good it is taking antibiotics for that long anyway)
I kind of gave up hope until a month ago someone recommended tretinoin. And holy shit does it work great, you'll probably "purge" the first weeks but after that my skin just get better and better by the day. i've only been using it for 3 weeks and my skin is twice as good as it was when i started.
0,05%, its not available in sweden where i live, but got some from a dutch site where a doctor prescribed and sent it to me. About 150 dollars for 6 months, so it's kind of pricey. but considering i was spending about twice that on shit that never worked anyway it's totally worth the large upfront cost (should be dirt cheap if u live in a country where a doctor can prescribe it, like 5 dollars for a tube)
>>
>>36796782
My gym buddy is on accutane and he has downs every now and then.
We're good friends so I know how to handle it but he gets so fucking pissed it's unreal.
There's a few thousand recorded suicides on accutane so it's not really anything that's unexpected. Your doc should've told you about mixed emotions
>>
>>36801700
>There's a few thousand recorded suicides on accutane

there are a few hundred thousand suicides on tylenol and aspirin.

correlation does not equal causation.

> Your doc should've told you about mixed emotions

lol; some politician's kid suicided while on accutane, and suddenly the same shit that happened to roids is happening to it. HURRR ITS GONNA MAKE U CRAZY & DEPRESSED

hilarious
>>
>>36801667
I'm pretty sure tretinoin and accutane are same thing mane
>>
>>36801868
Although they sound similar Isotretinoin(accutane) and Tretinoin cream are very different thingss, one is topical while accutane is taken orally. you can use tretinoin ffor you entire life (and has no real side effects) while accutane is usually done once or twice in a lifetime and has a shitload of sides
>>
>>36801868
>>36801667
I take that back isotretinoin and tane are the same thing
>>
Accutane is basically an toxic version of vitamin A with an patent. Before starting it, just eat some liver once a week and see if real vit A fixes your acne.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.