[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yo /fit/ gotta Q for you because I can't find a straight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: download2.jpg (8 KB, 233x216) Image search: [Google]
download2.jpg
8 KB, 233x216
Yo /fit/

gotta Q for you because I can't find a straight answer and I figured you fags might have something to say about it.

My abs feel liked I did some work on them, like I had done some crunches, after I did squats today.
I figure this is normal since you use your core and blah blah blah but when I was looking around everyone says if you feel that you have or will get a hernia.

So what do you say /fit/?
>>
if you had a hernia you'd know it from the pain
>>
>>36796543
You would know if you had a hernia, and you're probably not getting one unless you're actually feeling pain. This is most likely normal.
>>
>>36796543
Bro I fuckin tore my groin, something, idk. I suspect it's an inguinal hernia because when I squeeze my legs together there is a pain in my lower abs and groin that is so unimaginably painful it was worse than breaking a bone. For real dude, 10/10 pain scale for me. if you had a hernia it may not be painful but if something is sticking out (3rd testicle they call it) then yeah it is. Sometimes though it is so unbelievably painful but that suggests other groin damage too
>>
I had multiple hernia scares in the past two years. Still nothing. Not really worried since I'm so consistent with how I train and know not to test myself way out of my limitations. Just take your time and progress slowly man.
>>
>>36796617
Oh trust me my squat weight would get me laughed right of this board.
As a matter of fact I'll just tell you the most I squat is 140 ( not including the bar).
So that leads me to think I squeeze my abs to tight, or bad form. I thought I had good form but it could be bad.
>>
Add me on kik man, I'll share my scare lol ripper606
>>
Can't you just push the intestines back in?
>>
>>36796543
If your bodyfat is low enough you'll fucking know you have a hernia because it will be right there making you gag.

If you're a fat guy you might not see it, so you'll have to go to a doctor and he'll poke you and prod you and make you cough and then you'll know.

If you *do* have one, sorry, bro. After you get it fixed be ready for some horrendous pain and weeks of not lifting anything heavier than a tissue to wipe your tears away.
>>
>>36796561
>>36796564
this is not true

only if the hernia is strangulated will it cause pain. otherwise there may be tenderness in the area

>tfw think i have a hernia
>>
OP here again.

Thanks for all the info guys.

Here's a song for ya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8Ow1nlafOg
>>
>>36796881
Yes, but they will fall back out again.
>>
>>36796543
>bilateral hernia fag here
You wont notice once you have a hernia. It will feel like a small soreness which comes and goes. The pain eventually gets worse after time, and turns into a sharp dull pain that persists. Go get checked out.
>>
>>36798555
Can /fit/ suggest some squatting alternatives.

Front squats?
lounges?

anything?
>>
>>36799631
Fix your hernia if it is a hernia, then buy a proper belt, and don't over do your squats. I personally kicked back on squats (my calves are pretty big atm) since my surgery. But idk just try different techniques.
>>
Why do people get hernias?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.