[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you a nutritarian?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
Why aren't you a nutritarian?
>>
Because Dr. Fuhrman is a hack.

The basic premise of eating lots of nutrient dense foods is sound, but 80% of the research he quotes has been disproven or was designed with a bias to promote veganism.

Yeah, eat tons of vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds, legumes. Knock yourself out. But don't follow his diet plans. Even for vegans they are lacking.
>>
>>36793536

I eat exactly like one, but then I add meat because I actually want to, you know, feel and perform well.
>>
File: foodpyramid-large[1].png (214 KB, 625x510) Image search: [Google]
foodpyramid-large[1].png
214 KB, 625x510
>>36793784

> 80% of the research he quotes has been disproven or was designed with a bias to promote veganism.

Go on.
>>
>>36793949
How the fuck do you eat 60% of calories as green vegetables? You'd have to be eating all day long, that's like 5 meals of salads for only half your days calories.
>>
>>36794004
1200 calories is nine pounds of green beans, or six pounds of kale
>>
>>36793536
>>36793949
>>36794060
faggot
>>
fun story for you anons

> aunt G and uncle B are skinnyfats
> aunt G reads Fuhrman's book, goes all gonzo for his diet plan
> uncle B jumps on board
> they go from skinnyfat to just emaciated
> we all go on a family trip, they eat soymilk and salad the whole time
> won't shut up about how awesome it is
> Aunt N and Uncle R get convinced to do this, too
> they all buy the books and go on the diet plan
> six months later Aunt G starts acting kinda crazy
> She'd have these emotional meltdowns and berserker rages for no reason at all
> uncle B starts acting weird too
> really irritable and spacey
> Aunt N actually gains weight
> uncle R starts sleepwalking
> one night to crosses the street and enters a convenience store in his boxers
> he punches a dude who laughs at him, then walks out with case of beer without paying
> doesn't remember shit

turns out they were all going crazy from lacking some essential vitamins
turns out a lot of vegans develop violent impulses when their B vitamins get too low

Aunt G starts eating eggs and fish again, and is back to normal in a week
Uncle R eats some cheeseburgers, stops sleepwalking and having blackouts
Aunt N starts eating protein again, starts losing weight
Uncle B is still on the diet and emaciated and weird
>>
>>36793949

did you miss the other eight chapters in all his books where he tells people they don't have to be vegan on his diet, but if they eat animal protein in any form they will die of kidney failure and/or cancer?
>>
More like Memetarian.
>>
>>36793949
>meats and cheeses rarely

Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>36794619

i think your folks have some other problems that have little to do with any diet.
>>
>>36793536
>MyMommaToldMe.com
>>
>>36794791
>t. proud merrican
>>
>>36793949
>60% of calories from veggies

fuck. that.
>>
>>36794060
>six pounds of kale

Jesus fucking christ. Your vitamin K intake would literally be over 10000% the daily value. I mean, I don't that it's possible to overdose on Vitamin K, but you'd sure as fuck find out.
>>
>>36795154
I don't know*

I need to go to bed.
>>
>>36795037
>t. permaskinnyfat
>>
>>36795154
I tried a raw food diet once. Like smoothies with Rae broccoli, no cooked food.
Had the biggest, most green shits of my entire life, with the same butt texture as the mouthfeel.
>>
File: Picture4.png (313 KB, 639x406) Image search: [Google]
Picture4.png
313 KB, 639x406
>>36793536
because nutria are the most disgusting rodents you can imagine and i don't care if they are an abundant source of meat, i live nowhere near the bayou and i'm not eating no waterlogged goddamn rat as my only source of food
>>
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 946x368) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 946x368
>>36793536
What is bioavailability, humans aren't gorillas.

Plus there being no evidence that eating "nutrient dense" has any unique superiority.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.