[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paralyzed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 225791-11139757-abbie1_jpg.jpg (103 KB, 838x550) Image search: [Google]
225791-11139757-abbie1_jpg.jpg
103 KB, 838x550
So some time ago I started feeling numbness in the area shown in pic related. Its preventing me from progressing in DL, rows and pullups. Am I doomed to be a faggot forever? Anyone had something similar?
>>
>>36792663
I have this too, but I've been told it's carpal tunnel, but I don't think that's a correct diagnosis.
>>
Permanent heart-attack syndrome.
RIP anon
>>
might be a shoulder impingement
>>
That area is covered by the ulnar nerve. Do you lean on your elbows a lot? Get symptoms during presses, dips or anything else that requires elbow flexion and extension?
>>
If it's the pinky and outside half of the ring finger, that's an ulnar nerve problem, usually from some elbow impingement.
Do you sleep on your arm, lean on a desk or does this happen during particular exercises?
>>
>>36792663
bench press will do this to you.
>>
File: 342543254325.jpg (12 KB, 250x180) Image search: [Google]
342543254325.jpg
12 KB, 250x180
>>36792720
I do something shown in the pic a lot with my left arm, and the strange feeling occurs in my left hand. Should I stop it? Presses and dips are going fine, its just that I cant hold the bar with my left hand in DL and such. These 2 fingers just give out.
>>
>>36792786
It's safe to assume that this position is indeed causing it. Try to avoid leaning on your elbows and see if it gets any better.
>>
>>36792663
ulnar tunnel syndrome, I have it too, work on wrist extension to help

http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/tc/ulnar-tunnel-syndrome-topic-overview

>>36792685
ulnar not carpal
>>
get your b12 levels checked via blood test
or just take b12 supplements
b12 deficiency causes tingling sensations
t. had that issue in same spot
>>
>>36792685

I also have this AND I get it in my toes. It's on and off. Been suggested it's literally a thyroid condition. I'm not going to the doctor, though, fuck that.
>>
Just one hand? It could be a cervical nerve issue too. Rehab ur neck.
>>
>>36792786
The ulnar never passes through your elbow, and leaning like this can put stress on it and make those fingers feel numb. That may be an explanation.

I personally was getting impingement in my shoulder of that nerve from a bike accident in which I messed up the nerve cluster there. Working it out with a lacrosse ball (on my shoulder / neck area) removed the numbness in those two fingers.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.