[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Traps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: bane.jpg (112 KB, 450x402) Image search: [Google]
bane.jpg
112 KB, 450x402
How do I make them stop growing?
I almost never do shrugs and yet they still keep getting bigger and bigger and almost consume my neck.
How do I ungrow my traps?
>>
It would be very painful
>>
>>36792544
uuuhhh
>>
File: uuuu4.jpg (62 KB, 597x450) Image search: [Google]
uuuu4.jpg
62 KB, 597x450
>>36792540
>>
Sage any replies, encourage them to kill themselves, and report their attention whoring.
>>
File: hothead.jpg (70 KB, 355x236) Image search: [Google]
hothead.jpg
70 KB, 355x236
>>36792557
>>
>>36792540
Get them on HRT quickly before puberty takes over
>>
>>36792557
lol I get it, because OP meant traps as in the muscles but you said traps as in transgender posters.
>>
If your traps are growing, then you are engaging them in your other exercises and movements.

You knwo where you also see overdeveloped traps in proportion to other muscle groups? In programmers who sit at desks all day.
People who work at desks use their traps to assist with everything.

So congrats, OP, you have shitty, shitty posture and technique.

Go see a physical therapist.
>>
File: ingRnuD.jpg (45 KB, 500x464) Image search: [Google]
ingRnuD.jpg
45 KB, 500x464
>>36792544
For you
>>
>>36792599
>In programmers who sit at desks all day.
lol I'm actually a programmer. My traps and neck are really tight and painful most of the time too.
>>
>>36792540
>>36792599
>>36792625

Your upper trap fibers are overengaged because of your shit posture.

Paradoxically enough, the solution is going to involve an exercise that is traditionally used to hypertrophy the traps: you need to do heavy farmer's walks.

Bear with me for a second here.

Your trap fibers perform three functions:

> upper traps lift your scapula; a.k.a. the shrug, and also serve to keep your humerus in its socket against downward load as in deadlifts

> middle traps retract your scapula (pinch them together)

> lower traps depress your scapula

By doing a proper farmer's walk with weight that is too heavy to shrug comfortably, you will be working the upper trap fibers in a proprioceptive neural firing to keep your arms in their sockets - but you will be ACTIVELY working the middle and lower traps to keep your scapula where it fucking well should be during a farmer's carry: down and retracted.

There is literally no way to carry a farmer's walk efficiently in thoracic flexion, and your body knows this, so by doing a heavy farmer's walk, you will instinctively take the proper posture and strengthen your weak lower and middle trap fibers.

This in turn will enable your upper trap fibers to take a fuckin' break and balance your upper back composition.
>>
>>36792540
most likely you are just fat op stop kidding yourself. i refuse to believe your traps are too big. post pics or admit that youre just a fatty
>>
>>36792540
Congratulations, you have goot test levels probably.
>>
Genetics, also pay attention to if your are tensing up your traps/upper back throughout the day subconsciously, I noticed that throughout the day I was almost doing a mini shrug and my traps were tensed up, I needed to take a deep breath and push my shoulders down until it became better through stretching/improved posture
>>
>>36792540
By crashing this plane
>>
/fit/ my left trap is bigger than my right. Will having my right hand suppinated on deadlifts sort this shit out?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.