[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
High fat vs High carb diet. Just watched this, I'm on k
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1433438219090.jpg (30 KB, 597x593) Image search: [Google]
1433438219090.jpg
30 KB, 597x593
High fat vs High carb diet. Just watched this, I'm on keto diet but with more protein than fat, and is it good?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1amh2t_bbc-horizon-sugar-v-fat-h264-1280x720-aac-rmac_lifestyle
>>
>I'm on keto diet but with more protein than fat, and is it good?

Then you're not on a keto diet. Keto is short for ketogenic, so you're only on a keto diet if you're in ketosis.
>>
>>36792128
but i dont eat any carbs
>>
http://www.cell.com/cell-metabolism/abstract/S1550-4131(15)00350-2

On a per-calorie basis, cutting fat burns more body fat than cutting carbs, but over time there's no real difference between the two
>>
>>36792128
Do you even understand keto? As long as he's carb free, he'll be in ketosis.
>>
>>36792152

But you eat protein, which is converted into glucose, a type of carbohydrate. Ketosis happens when your body has a glucose deficiency and can't break down fat properly, causing an excess of ketone bodies to be produced as a result.

http://books.google.com/books?id=hrdRROeCI9IC&pg=PA263

>>36792197

Nigga, do YOU?
>>
>>36792206
> protein, which is converted into glucose
so, i'm not gonna be insulin resistant?
>>
>>36792224

What do you mean?
>>
>>36792251
the doctor says that in the doccumentary i linked, the guy on a fat diet as the doc said will soon be insulin resistant or shit
>>
>>36792206
No buddy, here's why you're wrong.
http://www.ketotic.org/2012/08/if-you-eat-excess-protein-does-it-turn.html?m=1

Removing the carbs is sufficient. You seem to think that just because the body can convert proteins, that it will. This is not the case.
>>
Get those test strips. That will answer the question for you. If you're still pissing hot for ketones then you're good.
>>
>>36792343

That link just says glucose production is rate-limited and regulated by demand. It doesn't address the difference between maxing out glucose production versus insufficient glucose production, which would lead to ketosis.
>>
Actual civilized discussion on my /fit/
Here's a bump
>>
>>36792115
stupid frog poster
>>
I've been doing keto for a little over a month and recently I feel like I've been kicked off since I'm starting to feel more hungry, but I'm not sure what it is. I have a suspicion I've been eating too much meat (protein) so if that's true it might do some credence to the theory that too much protein your livers just starts producing more glucose

I really need to get the fucking piss sticks
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.