[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Broke my left pinky knuckle in a bar fight last night. Now I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: LilWeezy.jpg (49 KB, 554x400) Image search: [Google]
LilWeezy.jpg
49 KB, 554x400
Broke my left pinky knuckle in a bar fight last night. Now I can't even lift up a water bottle.

>not gonna make it
>never gonna make it
>>
>getting into bar fights
>expecting to make it
>>
Boxers break
I had one I was good to go in 6 weeks
>>
>>36791450
yeah yeah, you've never done shit, how can anyone believe someone who posts all day on a fit message board and has shit lifts. I'd never believe anyone who doesn't have a 2.5x body weight squat.
>>
File: fuck_outta_here.jpg (62 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
fuck_outta_here.jpg
62 KB, 640x640
>>36791474
>>
>>36791487
nice meme, maybe you should spend less time lurking for weaboo memes and more time at the gym.
>>
File: wars_forever.jpg (65 KB, 499x662) Image search: [Google]
wars_forever.jpg
65 KB, 499x662
>>36791501
>>
File: 1431217857043.jpg (44 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
1431217857043.jpg
44 KB, 620x400
>>36791389
IKTF. You're lucky you got it fixed and reset right away.

>broke my pinky
>didn't get it checked out for 2 weeks
>finally got it fixed, "reset", and put in a cast
>after I got the cast off it still sticks out a little when I bend it into my palm
>cannot make a full fist with my right hand anymore
>cannot punch with my right hand without risking breaking my pinky again
>still hurts when I hit it against something or put too much stress on it

Just dont get strung out on the pills they give you, opiate-based painkillers lower test.

>tfw I either need to become southpaw or spend thousands of dollars to get surgery to fix my own mistakes
>tfw would have to stop lifting for another 6 weeks after I get the surgery
>don't know what to do that isn't suicide since I basically fucked everything up
>>
>>36791535
>>36791501
bitchshorts btfo
>>
>>36791389
People actually get into bar fights?
>>
File: words_hurt.jpg (24 KB, 375x325) Image search: [Google]
words_hurt.jpg
24 KB, 375x325
>>36791547
Yes anon you hurt my feelings so bad how will I ever recover
>>
>>36791557
Alcuckhol is a hell of a drug
>>
File: 1450461150366.gif (1 MB, 413x192) Image search: [Google]
1450461150366.gif
1 MB, 413x192
>>36791389
Tape it to your next finger and get on with it. Has the whole world turned into excuse making faggots?
>>
>>36791581
You must not know how many (small) bones are in the hand. When I broke my pinky, the bone all the way down to the mid-palm was affected.
>>
>>36791557
I somehow manage to get into a bar fight every birthday. It's like a mandatory custom/hobby now.
>>
>>36791933
And you've probably never played through an injury. I was a defensive tackle all through HS and college. Broken fingers were common. Because your fingers line up so nicely a little tape to the next finger makes a great splint. You still won't want to bend it, but the affect on your lifts can be minimal. No unassisted deads for a few weeks. Use straps in the meantime.
>>
>>36792058
No, because I was a homo who wrestled in HS. Our coaches actually gave a shit about our health and wellbeing :^)
>>
>>36792076
I wrestled too. what kind of faggot coaches did you have?

Mine were both former drill instructors. We got told to man the fuck up and did.
>>
>>36792118
A former Olympic wrestler was our head coach, I dont know what being a DI has to do with skill on the mat :^)
>>
>>36792118
Nothing at all with skill. We're talking about playing through minor injuries here. You're strawmanning.
>>
You guys got some greentext stories about how shit goes down in bars?
>>
>>36791389
Just use machines. You don't have to close a fist for them.
>>
>>36792058
>Doesn't know the difference between a broken finger and a boxer's fracture
You're American, right?
>>
>>36792290
>implying there is a difference in treatment.

in either case you're going to splint it.
>>
>>36792334
But there is, you retard. You use a gutter ulnar splint for a boxer's fracture.
>>
>>36792345
>every injury requires specialized treatment

A generation of pussies. I swear.
>>
>>36792266
I feel like this is some sort of fetish, but alright.

>Bar hopping with friends downtown
>some 150 lb manlet hanging out front
>bragging about his kawasaki 250
>revving the shit out of it
>proceed to get shitfaced in bar
>start talking with 2 cute asian chicks
>legit, one was a nurse and her name was joy
>fucking pokemon bitches

>250 dude walks in
>trying to get asians to go back outside
>it's super awkward for everyone
>decide to follow for giggles
>call the dude a faggot
>"250's are for fucking girls"
>start screaming at eachother
>unintelligible gorilla howls
>friends trying to get me in a taxi
>he says "yeah you better go little bitch"
>I absolutely lose it
>fist meets manlet's face
>all I heard was "ough"
>then a sound like wet ham falling on the floor
>jump in the taxi and get the fuck out before nurse joy calls the cops

My friends told me later that the manlet was already pissed because he let his buddy ride it, but he layed it over and scratched the fuck out of it.
250's are still for faggots
>>
File: 1441333233526.jpg (91 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1441333233526.jpg
91 KB, 720x960
>>36792394
>I don't need to follow "medical advice", I'm a REAL MANĀ®
>>
>>36791487
Board plz don't post with ur trip on outside plg or ur other generals.
Plz.
>>
>>36792436
Your body can do a lot lol manlet
>>
>>36792436
>implying "splint it and move on" wasn't the advice of every general practitioner for centuries.
>>
>>36792474
Your mom smoked a lot when she had you, didn't she?

>>36792481
No shit, that's my exact point. A gutter splint is just a longer bigger splint, you dumb faggot.
>>
>>36792498
And I'm arguing that taping the fingers is sufficient in most cases. Immobilization is the only goal. In most cases it can be done simply.
>>
>>36792566
If you want to retain maximum range of motion for the digit and it's a boxer's fracture, you want to immobilize the bone in the palm as well. We're basically arguing for the same thing here
>>
>>36792601
Fair enough. I relent. It's really going to come down to where the fracture resides in the metacarpal. Just in my experience, which includes a hell of a lot of fractures to my hands, you typically don't need to go for overkill. For me, tape, ice, and using straps has been plenty. If I was experiencing undue pain while lifting, with tape, I would go to a doctor for it and/or rest the hand. Usually, this isn't needed.
>>
File: hand.jpg (107 KB, 653x490) Image search: [Google]
hand.jpg
107 KB, 653x490
I once chipped a bit of my knuckle off and snapped the tendon in my hand when pissing around shadow boxing in my kitchen. Hit the corner of a door by accident and could see my bone when i saw the wound. Had an operation on it and they removed a bit of my knuckle in the process. When they removed my bandage and sling i couldnt even physically clench my hand. Not that it hurt (it did) , i just couldnt do it. Its painless now and only took a couple of months to heal really. You'll be fine op.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.