[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting to come up with a summer plan. Debating between the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: AX1_home.jpg (70 KB, 194x194) Image search: [Google]
AX1_home.jpg
70 KB, 194x194
Starting to come up with a summer plan. Debating between the Athlean-X1 program and 531. I'm training to try out for my college's rugby and would like to know what /fit/ recommends. Also discuss your experience with either program.
>>
>>36789997
can't really help you out with no info about yourself..

lifting stats?height?weight?
>>
How far out is the rugby season?
>>
>>36790103
5'11, 145 lbs, 18

(Max)
Bench: 115lbs
OHP: 70lbs
Squat (Front): 125 lbs
Deadlift: 100 lbs
>>
>>36790168
Try outs are at the end of August
>>
>>36790488
Anon, mathletics may be more your speed
>>
>>36790506
Should I go the starting strength route instead?
>>
>>36790678
niQQa off-season is a blessing to just lift heavy shit you won't be able to do during season. Just transition into heavier conditioning the closer you come to the tryouts. Example:

SS until mid july with light jogging and shit, sprinting on sundays or sth and LIGHT jogging for 15-25 mins on off-days.

Mid-july: Starr's Power 5x5 (the one madcow is based upon) and ramp up the conditioning towards meeting the specific goals for your tryouts. (more distance runs for time, sprinting, maxing pushups/pull ups etc)

The last week before tryouts should just be a deaload where you hava a workout using 50% of your lifts on squat/military press/power clean and some light conditiong.
>>
>>36790766
best suggestion desu

this is probably your best bet. you're a slim and weak guy so you'll probably be a b-side back for the first year.

just follow that guy's advice and grind hard in the offseasons, you can go far with grit and hard work.
>>
>>36790488
>college's rugby
>145lbs
>5'11"

Do you live in Westeros?
Because that's the only place where you could make a rugby team with a 'summer plan'.
>>
>>36790766
I'll do my best. What about diet? Currently eating around 3100, gaining a pound a week. Should I up the anti?
>>
>>36792572
as long as you can put more weight on the bar that's probably enough, if you start running/conditioning you might need more to compensate for energy exposed through that. If you start stalling, eat more. It's just trial and error until you find what works regarding diet.
>>
>>36790488
You're a novice, do a novice program and don't fuck around.
>>
>>36790488
if you're college as any good at rugby or plays anyone who is good you're gonna get man handled. I played rugby all throughout highschool and I am 6'3 225 bench 295, diddly 455 and squat 315 and I am not sure if I am gonna try out yet. Probably will though I miss rugby way too much and I don't care about getting hurt
>>
>>36795092
that being said if you have the balls to do to it go for it op rugby is an amazing sport and rugby teams are always fun to be part of
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.