[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are egg yolks good? sticky doesn't give a clear answer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 1200x630
are egg yolks good?

sticky doesn't give a clear answer

hearing a lot of conflicting info on this /fit/ and I don't know what to believe.
>>
>>36785152
Good source of protein
>>
yes. don't fall for the cholesterol meme
>>
>>36785152
eggs are fucking fantastic.

those who say no are fad mobsters
>>
When will the fat and or cholesterol is bad meme die?
>>
>>36785152
egg yolks are the best

high in protein
high in fat
rich in choline
good source of cholesterol
>>
>>36785327
>good source of cholesterol

this isn't a meme, cholesterol is good for you
>>
Dietary cholesterol has little to no effect on your blood content of cholesterol
AKA eat the yolks.

Obviously, too much of anything isn't great for you, moderation is the key, so don't start eating 30 fucking eggs a day.
>>
>>36785317
It's all done by the fucking lobbyists. If people didn't think bacon and eggs were bad they wouldn't buy cereal.
It's gonna take a long fucking time.
>>
>>36785152
Depends on your race and gender.
>>
>>36785152
egg yolks promote "good" cholesterol
>>
>>36785354
>cereal
MEME
E
M
E

KYS
Y
S
>>
>>36785360
[citation needed]
>>
File: egg research.png (372 KB, 1980x1002) Image search: [Google]
egg research.png
372 KB, 1980x1002
No they're not good for you. They aren't even particularly nutritious. It's just marketing.
>>
>>36785354

Sometimes I can't even tell when people are joking on this board
>>
>>36787147
I wouldn't be surprised if it was true desu familia
>>
>>36787147
spotted the grain brain

:^)
>>
>>36787188

I do eat whole grains, yes. They're good for me
>>
>>36785152
What could possibly be wrong with them?
>>
>>36785346
>so don't start eating 30 fucking eggs a day.

This is /fit/
>>
>>36787224

Their high cholesterol and saturated fat content can raise your cholesterol levels and directly damage your arteries. They also cause inflammation.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15939816
>>
File: heart healthy whole grains.jpg (37 KB, 300x411) Image search: [Google]
heart healthy whole grains.jpg
37 KB, 300x411
>36787212
verily
>>
>>36787381

More like this
>>
>>36785152
There was a man named Ancel Keys. He was a nutrionist at the University of Minnesota, and knew the bigwigs of American Politics after we won WW2. This being Minnesota, he was owned by the cereal producers like General Mills, so he started a crusade against cholesterol and saturated fat.

He was an absolute fraud, but he was influential for decades and load of phds and nutrution scientists graduated under him...which means that his propaganda is still getting disseminated.

The cracks are starting to come out though, books and shit are breaking the lie out from the shadows. I expect Global Warming will have the same thing happen in a decade or two when we see that the oceans haven't risen a couple feet and shit.
>>
>>36787398
disgusting

these are much better

http://www.bluemountainorganics.com/by-brand/love-raw-foods/grains/whole-oats-25-lbs
>>
>>36785152
So you're retarded?

So nearly everybody who posted in this thread is retarded?

I dig it. For personal reasons.
>>
>>36787487
lies like this for instance
>>36787347
still getting published, still misleading sheeple
>>
File: 1458272188697.gif (1 MB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
1458272188697.gif
1 MB, 260x260
>>36787487
>>36787550

>>>/x/
>>
>>36787623
kek

I'm even the poster. Its not so much a conspiracy theory as a small group of scientists coming at a new science from the wrong direction, from the study of epidemics, rather than from an endocrinologist's POV.
>>
>>36787623
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/apr/07/the-sugar-conspiracy-robert-lustig-john-yudkin

Here, here is babbies first introduction to Ancel Keys.
>>
File: 1442972380356s.jpg (6 KB, 250x240) Image search: [Google]
1442972380356s.jpg
6 KB, 250x240
>>36787127
>has a significant amount of almost every micronutrient
>not nutritious
>>
>>36787127
>hyperlipidemic adults
That's like giving gluten intolerant people bread and concluding it's bad.
>>
>>36787347
Cited by 21 PubMed Central articles
Review Egg Consumption and Human Cardio-Metabolic Health in People with and without Diabetes.
[Nutrients. 2015]

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26404366

> The evidence suggests that a diet including more eggs than is recommended (at least in some countries) may be used safely as part of a healthy diet in both the general population and for those at high risk of cardiovascular disease, those with established coronary heart disease, and those with T2DM. In conclusion, an approach focused on a person's entire dietary intake as opposed to specific foods or nutrients should be the heart of population nutrition guidelines.

lmao even your source discredits your bullshit

loving every laugh m8
>>
File: 1769929918.png (78 KB, 1151x809) Image search: [Google]
1769929918.png
78 KB, 1151x809
>>36787673

It doesn't though. It has a noticeable amount of riboflavin and choline but that's about it.
>>
>>36787692
>71 calories vs 128 calories

kek
>>
>>36787656

And did you make sure to research the OTHER side of the story so you could avoid blindly following some conspiracy theory? Here's a response to some of Robert Lustig's libel against Ancel Keys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unH-AEDKV8s

Pro-saturated fat crazies pick on Ancel Keys because they think if they can just lie and discredit this one guy badly enough, that the science that's been built upon since his initial research will just go away somehow. A giant ad-hominem and misrepresentation of his career.
>>
>>36785214
No, dont fall for the "cholesterol meme" meme.
There are hypo and hyperrrsponders, most people are hypo (70%)
>>
>>36787686

>even your source

What, pubmed? Do you even understand what this website is?

But anyway, of course the article you picked out says it's fine to eat eggs. The authors were paid by the egg industry to write it.

>N.R.F., I.D.C. and T.P.M. have received research grants for other clinical trials funded by Australian Egg Corporation Limited
>T.P.M. acts as an advisory member to the Egg Nutrition Council
>>
>>36787692
>better not post the fats which compose the majority of the egg yolk and contains monounsaturated fats, polyunsaturated fats and omega 3s
>>
>>36787738

Implying whatever article you picked wasn't funded by the vegan lobby
>>
>>36787715
Look, there is a clear spike in Obesity rates after Ancel Keys's theories get the official nod.

Also the "landmark" seven countries study was flawed from the get go, and when re-examined, does not hold up to his conclusions. He is an absolute king of junk science. His studies that correlate to other studies? Nearly all are by his former colleagues or his former students...

Listen to that voice, its clearly a former student or colleague. Made me feel old just listening to him.
>>
Cleveland clinic is one of the most prestigious hospitals in the USA. One of my friends chose to train anesthesiology there over mayo clinic as an example. Anyway they wrote this.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/2015/02/why-you-should-no-longer-worry-about-cholesterol-in-food/
>>
>>36787800

>Look, there is a clear spike in Obesity rates after Ancel Keys's theories get the official nod.

Okay? What does that mean?

>Also the "landmark" seven countries study was flawed from the get go, and when re-examined, does not hold up to his conclusions.
>He is an absolute king of junk science. His studies that correlate to other studies? Nearly all are by his former colleagues or his former students...
>Listen to that voice, its clearly a former student or colleague.

What in the shit are you even saying?
>>
>>36787814

I've seen this article before and it doesn't even seem to be about just dietary cholesterol but denying that any dietary component can really affect cholesterol levels, which is an insane thing to say.

>Research is beginning to show that your genetic makeup – not diet – is the driving force behind cholesterol levels, says cardiologist Steven Nissen, MD.

I mean that's just demonstrably false.

http://www.bmj.com/content/314/7074/112.long

Anybody would tell you diet clearly affects cholesterol levels.
>>
>>36787814
>Steven Nissen, MD

The guy who thinks Dr. Esselstyn's diet causes obesity and diabetes?
>>
>>36787885
that's some funny shit
>>
File: 1438351467989.jpg (23 KB, 401x511) Image search: [Google]
1438351467989.jpg
23 KB, 401x511
>>36787738
So what you're telling me is that there's international egg conspiracy. I remember you baby bitching about THE EGG LOBBY earlier this year when Harvard posted their findings on cholesterol levels in foods being a non-factor for dietary health. So the egg lobby is controlling information in not only the USA but also Australia?

We could go through the other recent (timeliness is important since medicine and nutrition are ever changing fields) reviews that cited the same study you did and came to different conclusions or we can look at the paper you cited more closely.

http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/111/23/3058.long

>Disclosure

>Alan Chait received a grant from the Merck Medical School grant program, and Robert Knopp and Steven Kahn received a grant from the American Egg Board to support this work.

>Steven Kahn received a grant from the American Egg Board to support this work

>from the American Egg Board

UH OH LOOKS LIKE THE EGG LOBBY FUNDED THAT 2005 STUDY THAT CAME THE CONCLUSION THAT EGGS INCREASED THE CRP AND SAA LEVELS IN LEAN INSULIN SENSITIVE INDIVIDUALS

23% BMI is lean btw bby
>>
>>36788004

>So what you're telling me is that there's international egg conspiracy.

No, just that the specific article being posted about eating eggs came from people who sell eggs. There's obviously an international effort by egg producers to come up with published researcher that attempts to make their product look good though. That's true for lots of foods. You can find studies paid for by the candy industry saying candy isn't unhealthy. I don't remember anything about Harvard but

>UH OH LOOKS LIKE THE EGG LOBBY FUNDED THAT 2005 STUDY THAT CAME THE CONCLUSION THAT EGGS INCREASED THE CRP AND SAA LEVELS IN LEAN INSULIN SENSITIVE INDIVIDUALS

Yep, and since they found that people with insulin-resistance or obesity have less response to cholesterol feeding, future studies exploited that finding and just used people who were insulin-resistant and/or obese, like this one

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2265719/

It doesn't mean you can't accept any data funded by the egg industry, but you do need to keep their data in context. This one is another good example of when egg industry funded papers show eggs to be bad even if the researchers writing the article try to put a positive spin on it. >>36787127
>>
>>36785152
Yes. Very good. Eat them. Don't be anal about them unless you are obese and cant walk 2 feet.
>>
>>36785152
One or two a day is fine if you have a decent diet and fitness regime. Studies are typically done on sedentary people (lowers cholesterol requirement) who either eat retarded quantities of them (3-4+) or eat junk - processed meat, butter, refined carbs - so that they wrongfully get the blame.
>>
the lack of consensus ITT is disappointing

http://strawpoll.me/7376661
>>
>>36785152
they're good IIFYM

Honestly I hate the taste of egg whites with no yolk.
>>
fuck egg yolks

if i ate those fuckers that would be an extra 720 kcal a day on my cut
>>
>>36788815
spices
>>
File: image.jpg (197 KB, 1220x918) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197 KB, 1220x918
>>36787347
Shut up you stupid science bitch
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.