[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sometimes, about 3 or 4 hours after I down a protein shake, I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: 81Kqhn8v8yL._SX355_.jpg (15 KB, 355x353) Image search: [Google]
81Kqhn8v8yL._SX355_.jpg
15 KB, 355x353
Sometimes, about 3 or 4 hours after I down a protein shake, I have this sudden urge to blast a toilet with liquid sludge. Is the protein I'm drinking being wasted, or has it been absorbed or not made it far enough in my digestive system to be excreted?

FYI this happens hours after I drink 1 scoop of ON Whey with water, and no, I am not lactose intolerant
>>
A large percentage of people who consume protein powder have the same issues and nobody really knows why. People would rather pretend its not happening than assume any flaw in protein powder.

My personal hope is that the protein and BCAAs are mostly absorbed and its just the nature of a liquid concentration of protein and vitamins that cause it to be passed quickly.
>>
I think I read somewhere that food doesn't travel that fast through miles of intestine, probably aren't wasting it
>>
>>36783832
I just cut all milk products out of my diet. Skins clearing up nicely and I don't have bad gas after drinking protien drinks. Eating mea, eggs, nuts and other shit in place of dairy.
>>
>>36783832
all wrong, your body is passing an excessive amount of water to barely process the proteins. TLDR youre dehydrated from consuming it.

not only is protein powder dehydrated garbage food, but even protein in its natural form requires more water to process it than any other macro.

just eat real food, protein powder is a waste of money.
>>
I'd like to see if I have different results from non-whey proteins but would rather not continue shelling out money if they all cause the same reaction. Does anyone here have experience with digesting non-whey protein powders?

The only thing keeping me from thinking I've been completely memed by the fitness industry is that I truly do feel a quicker recovery time after drinking them, regardless of the digestive issues that come after.

>>36783912
What is that even supposed to mean in relation to this thread?
>>
>>36783925
OP here, it's a bit difficult for me eliminate milk, since I'm vegetarian. Besides, I'm not lactose intolerant anyways, cheese and yogurt and other stuff doesn't bother me at all
inb4 man up faggot
>>
>>36783925
He just said he's not dairy intolerant. I also haven't drank milk in years and mix my protein shakes with almond milk, yet the other dairy products I consume on occasion have never given me the same reaction.
>>
>>36783944
After I graduate college this won't be as much of a problem, but for now, assuming I'm stuck with this, would you suggest just drinking more water?
>>
>>36783944
>just eat real food
Whey is cheaper than chicken breast and even milk for the dollar to protein value.
>>
OP here, just figure I'd give a bit more context. When I drink a shake at night (exact same prep), I don't have any trouble sleeping or anything, and when I wake up in the morning, it's not like I'm running off to the bathroom to take a shit. I feel perfectly normal.

This thing happens in episodes, where for a couple of months this won't happen at all, but maybe 2 days in a row every 2 months or so, I get irritated like this.
>>
>>36783944
Interesting, I much prefer this being the explanation than the protein itself not absorbing. It would also explain why lately I've had more dehydration headaches despite regularly drinking water lately.

Have you got any sources for your info?
>>
>>36783974
Thanks for understanding. It's not that this is the preferred method, it's more that I don't have that kind of financial control of my life quite yet.
>>
>>36783992
>>36783944
seconded, would like a source
>>
>>36783974
>for the dollar to protein value.
and your body is getting little to none of the protein compared to the real version so which is cheaper now?

thats like comparing a multivitamin to fruits and vegetables, you piss most of it out.
>>
>>36784042
We don't seem to have any evidence its being absorbed or not either way, chum.
>>
>>36784042
I thought whey had a pretty respectable bv
>>
>>36783988
You need to consume more fiber. You can buy some natural fiber that comes in poweder form. HEB has them.
Just be careful not to consume too much fiber or you will get the liquid shits.
I take 1 scoop whey protein, 1 teaspoon (1 tsp) of fiber in quarter gallon of milk.
I shit so incredibly well.

IMPORTANT: Do not take 1 tablespoon of fiber, take 1 TEASPOON
>>
>>36784078
>I thought whey had a pretty respectable bv
not for everyone
>>
>>36784085
I didn't know it varied from person to person, could you go into this?
>>
>>36784084
I eat yogurt and grains often, all my other shits are fantastic. Not saying you're wrong, but I'm wondering if my fiber is the problem.
>>
>>36784084
I don't see how you could miss the point of this thread so much.

>>36784085
So what are the qualifiers that make someone less capable of absorption than others? Like most products shilled by the fitness industry, the questions raised by comparing the actual results of a product compared to the claimed results of that product are just answered with statements that raise even more questions.
>>
>>36784254
There's really no more answers to be found. The only scientifically proven facts we know are that whey has significantly high biological value, and that it gives many people diarrhea shortly after consuming it. Its up to you whether you wanna trust it and buy it or not
>>
>>36784616
So do we know if it is wasted or excreted out if that happens?
>>
>>36783832
I used to have protein farts and restroom would be runny with some serious mass.

I drink on gold standard whey and on pro-gainer and my stomach is perfectly fine.

I do get light headed 30 mins after drinking it though and usually have to eat something or drink something besides water to feel better.
>>
>>36784650
Ay babe light headed is something you def should look into
>>
Stop drinking protein shakes, its cancer.
>>
>>36785629
Ok man
>>
>>36783944
nice broscience there buddy
>>
Of course it's being wasted. Everyone knows that the human body can't process milk, and whey is just concentrated milk.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.