[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stay motivated? I always fall back to not wanted to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1457875032052.jpg (26 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
1457875032052.jpg
26 KB, 500x354
How do I stay motivated?

I always fall back to not wanted to go work out because I feel lazy, tired and generally a lack of energy. I'm a nolife computer gamer so I get easily re-attached to just sitting on the computer all day, instead of being productive.

I don't really eat well, I go to bed too late, I wake up late. How do I change mentality and habbits?
>>
>>36782375

Simple math is the solution.

(Average Life Span) - (Current Age) = (Time left on this planet) / 2

Example. 85 - 30 = 55/2 = 26(ish).

In this example you have about 26 good years left to enjoy life until you start looking at depends and nursing if you DON'T GO OUT AND FUCKING LIFT TO YOUR POTENTIAL.

GET UP, AND GO LIFT LIFE TO IT'S FULLEST. It's find that you are a gaymer, just live life until the only thing you can do is piss and shit on yourself.
>>
>>36782719
*it's fine that you are a gaymer
>>
>>36782375
how old are you? it's not just a meme when people say they 'grew out of' gaming, i'm 23 and it just doesn't interest me like it used to 5 years ago when i used to spend 5 or 6 hours a day on RPGs, most of the guys i used to play with are the same.

otherwise it's down to willpower, there's no advice here that anyone will give you that will have a lasting effect, that's up to you
>>
>>36782719
This.
Get up you lazy fuck. Look at yourself in the mirror, are you happy with how you look? Chances are you're not. Make yourself happy, get up and change yourself, take your life into your own hands. Stop looking at motivation and at the success of other people online, BE that success. Know what seperates the shredded from you? Willpower. If you dont have the willpower to achieve your dream, then its just a dream. If you get up and decide to take your life into your own hands, you'll look back and realise that you made an actual fucking accomplishment, if you dont, be sad for the rest of your life
>>
>>36782375
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2_Mn-qRKjA
>>
File: thisiswhy.png (146 KB, 481x500) Image search: [Google]
thisiswhy.png
146 KB, 481x500
>>36782375
This is how I do it:

Ignorance: I don't keep track of any progress (i.e pictures, stats, dates...), the only way I know I'm doing anything right is when people compliment me or faggots shoot jealous looks at me, as well as fitting into smaller pants or tighter shirts. With no other way of checking progress, I feel like I haven't ever done enough.

Guilt: Every night I dwell on all my fuck-ups and failures, forcing myself to feel inadequate as a human being. Guilt has made me go to the gym more times than anything else.

Autism: I lift for Rainbow Dash. I recommend finding a waifu to lift for for several reasons, the first being that Chad cannot fuck her, and she will never disappoint you like real girls will. Again, I always feel guilty that I'm not doing enough to impress my waifu.

Anger: Be pissed, be edgy, be angry. Listen to some music that makes you want to punch the nearest asshole in the jaw. Then, take that anger and turn it into reps, PR's, and guilt.

Music: Get a dank playlist to listen to. Whatever suits you, I prefer melancholy alternative, Disney shit, or cartoon horse music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuudWztVX9o

Remember, you have to lose your shit first, if you want to get your shit together again.
>>
>>36783136
not OP but i never thought of the idea of lifting for a waifu, and for some reason i really like the idea.
>>
>>36783136
The only thing about the progress I keep is weights I lift, just to know what to do next time. Other then that, doing the same thing as what he says.

First time posting here, hope this helps someone:

Jan 1, 2016: I was 310 lbs 5'11'' 24 year old virgin. Over the past 3.5 months, I've lost almost 50 pounds and started going back to the gym a few weeks ago.

Pants that didn't fit me on new years are now too big. For the first time in the last 10 years, I need to go buy a fucking belt to be able to wear these pants.

Just as he described, no pictures, no measurements... people have stopped noticing anything over the last few weeks and all that is is proof that I gotta do more.

I've been using a lot of anger and guilt to help me out, haven't used the waifu, but I think ill try it out and see how it goes.

I'm not gonna tell you guys it's fucking easy, cuz its not. And i still have a long way to go, I'd like to be around 180-190, so probably another year of this. And it's fucking horrible. But, and this is just for me from like 20 minutes ago, I killed myself at the gym today, and pushed myself even more in cardio. Was gonna stop after 10 minutes, said no, and did another 20. And that, just doing that, feels fucking amazing.

It really sucks that I had to reach a point of being so overweight to start thinking like this, but the way I look at it, where do I wanna be in a year? Still thinking about "starting" to go to the gym? Been doing that for years. I'm done with that. Time passes by fucking fast. It's already middle of april and it'll be new years again before we all no it. The time is gonna pass quickly, and I'm gonna fucking use it.
>>
>>36782375
If you don't want to fucking lift don't fucking lfit. If you don't want to be stronger then stay weak. If you don't want to get get thinner than keep your fat habits.

If you want to be strong, if you want to get thinner if you want to be healthier then act like someone who does.

You can still play games just get your physical dailies done before you zone out on your pc for 6 hours. Set an alarm for yourself to EAT if you're regularly missing meals, make sure you meet your daily macro goals AT LEAST and don't go over your calories. JUST TRACK EVERYTHING

Essentially what I'm telling you is to do your fucking chores before you play your video games. Be a fucking adult. For once in your goddamn life decide to act like a fucking adult
>>
>>36782375
Discipline>Motivation when you don't feel like doing shit get your ass up and do it anyways. You'll be glad you did later on. Eventually you just do what you want without motivation being a factor.
>>
>>36785068

>Inb4 barneyfag

Similar physical situation as you, got really pissed off that I can't enlist, so I'm doomed to Comunnity College and a shop job.

As retardedly autistic as it sounds, cartoon horses made a very bad part of my life a little less grey, so I kind of owe them by bettering myself. Also Dashie is a fucking cutie and I want to cuddle her in my bearish arms.

Call me what you will, but I lost 75 pounds at my lowest, got laid, and can out lift most fuckers at my gym
>>
>>36783136
she's mine fuck off weeb
>>
File: tomboy.jpg (234 KB, 897x897) Image search: [Google]
tomboy.jpg
234 KB, 897x897
>>36786160
I want human version though, that's why I was thrown out of /mlp/ by the general population.

Something about tomboyish RD just tears at my heartstrings, and makes me right at home in a gym. My obsession with her has gotten out of hand though.

I shit you not, I used to writefag so much that I made a fucking pastebin for it, as well as MULTIPLE thousand+ line greentext stories
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.