[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girls of /fit/ question about birth control?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: 0004.gif (485 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
0004.gif
485 KB, 500x333
So I recently decided to get on the pill, i'm very irregular with my periods so I figured the pill will fix that, and i've also been breaking out lately and birth control can fix that.

The problem is I hear stories everywhere that birth control makes you gain weight. I knew a girl in high school who got an IUD implant or whatever they're called and she gained 60 pounds.

I know the pill doesn't immediately clear up acne or make you gain weight, it's just the pill and you have to find the right one for you. Are the doctor's who recommend certain brands for you individually right? Like do you stick with them? Or have you switched to multiple brands before finding the right one?

I'm just a little paranoid about gaining weight. I don't want to gain all that pounds that I worked hard to lose. Can you share your experiences, or give me tips, or even tell me things you wish you knew before getting on the pill?
>>
>>36782245

The pill fucked up my sisters hormones, she didnt get a period for like 6months after stopping.

I've also heard cases of it causing permanent infertility... Kind messed up
>>
Talk to a doctor.
>>
>>36782266
You're a fucking retard.

That said, the shot is much more efficient.
>>
The first pill I tried was perfect for me, so I was lucky. But my brand was discontinued so I have switched a few times, then took a long break from the pill. I just recently started the pill, this is my forth brand. So don't worry about trying out different pills. It is normal to try a few brands. As for the weight gain, that is normally caused by the pill increasing your appetite. Try to count calories or macros. That should prevent any over eating.
>>
>>36782245
Talk to your doctor you dumb fuck. My ex was on the pill for 5 years, little to no difference in ANYTHING. It also will NOT fix your acne / blackheads, that's fucking retarded, just like you.
>>
>>36782266
You are making shit up. Something else must have been wrong with your sister. It sounds like she had an under lying hormone imbalance.
>>
>>36782282
>>36782323
>>36782332
She is going to have to talk to a doctor to get the prescription anyway dickhead. It seems like she is mostly worried about getting fat, since so many dumb fattys blame the pill or their hormones for gaining weight.
>>
>>36782245
my girlfriend lost all sexual desire because of pills and she got fat. so she stopped.

Also, fuck you for pissing out estrogen in our water
>>
>>36782245

Hi there,

No form of birth control will directly cause you to gain weight. However, they can alter your appetite and lead to over eating. Certain forms of birth control are more likely to cause this than others. As for your acne, I would recommend a minimally androgenic pill such as ortho-cyclen or yasmin.

As for IUDs...these are typically more expensive but last a long time. If you are not planning to have kids soon, then the cost should not be an issue. Some women complain of discomfort however. If your partners are large, they have the potential to irritate the IUD during intercourse, leading to discomfort. Some IUDs release hormones and some are just copper based and do not alter hormones. In order to avoid weight gain, I would mostly focus on your diet and exercise routine.
>>
>>36782306
>>36782348

Ugh why would I make that up? Her doctor is the one who connected the dots and said so...
>>
>>36782332
You're an idiot man, birth control can seriously help with acne in some women, particularly formulations of ethinyl estradiol and norgestimate
>>
>>36782245
Just start taking DNP daily to offset the weight gain. Should work fine
>>
>decided to get on the pill

You are a fucking whore, just wanna clear that up before this thread gets any longer.
>>
>>36782245
Been on a few different brands now after having the implant removed.

Implant made me crazy angry all the time, super hungry and created a long term period, eventually I demanded they remove it after the docs continuously told me to keep it longer or I would cut it out myself.

Back on pills (microgynon) now and if anything it suppresses hunger for me.
>>
File: just.jpg (730 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
730 KB, 1920x1080
>>36782245
First, your friend didn't gain 60 lbs from the IUD, she gained 60 lbs from eating more food than her body needs over a period of time. Just because her body may push around pregnancy hormones doesn't mean she should have eaten like she's 8 months pregnant.

Get on the pill and watch your calories for a while. You may get weird cravings but don't indulge unless if fits your macros.

Don't eat like a cow and you won't look like one.
>>
>>36782323
>>36782402
>>36782453
>>36782473

Thanks! That made me feel a lot better about the whole thing. I'm usually strict about my diet and exercise routine, so I'll stick with what i'm doing for the time being.
>>
>>36782245
>tfw lesbian
>tfw never the fear of getting pregnant
>>
>>36782499
>strict about my diet and exercise routine
holy hell you will be fine

better than fine once things down there are on-track
>>
Sistah you're going to gain a lot more weight if you get pregnant.

I took the bill for about 10 years. I gained weight during this time, but it was mostly due to a non-restrictive diet and no exercise.

If you do gain weight, it's going to be negligible, like 10 lbs. And it goes straight to your tits, so it's not so bad.

You should talk to a doctor about your options, though, because different brands of BC have different levels of different hormones. I had to switch brands a few time because the more popular ones made it hard not to be an insane cuntscab during shark week.
>>
>>36782515
homo here

question for you - if you live with a girlfriend/partner/spouse/wife do your cycles sync up?
>>
File: asuka.png (409 KB, 518x535) Image search: [Google]
asuka.png
409 KB, 518x535
>>36782515
>she'll never have a real orgasm
>>
>>36782531
Thanks gurrll. My mom suggested I get a pill with lower hormones since this will be a first for me. I will talk to to my doc and ask her about that stuff
>>
Girlfriends on the pill and switching to an IUD. She started when we were just getting together. From what she went through you can expect the following.
Going through multiple pills until you find the right one. She went through three before she got control of her inner bitch.
Emotional turmoil. Starting of you could go a little wonky before your hormones adjust.
Retaining water weight. She works out but she had to become say more diligent with her eating habits and exercise to keep from bloating up.
Good luck kiddo, and remember to always wrap it even if you are on the pill. It's just good habit.
>>
>>36782662
Way more* Fucking phone.
>>
>>36782662
youre a fucking cuck
>always wrap it even if you are on the pill. It's just good habit.
ex tried to make me do that shit, even with ultra thins i only lasted a couple months before i said we're raw dogging or not together anymore. i nutted in my fwb for 4 years, never got her preggo
>>
>>36782553
You don't even need to live together.
My girlfriend and I have pretty much the same exact cycle, granted we are together alot though.
I always get my period a few days after her.
If she's late, I'm late too.
>>
>>36782561
>implying men are better at making women come than women
>>
>>36782561
there are hetero couples with the same problem
lol
I'm a cuck
kill me.
>>
>>36782245
I was on sprintec for a couple months and I had AWFUL anxiety, was snippy and irritatable, and would bite my bfs head off at every turn
>>
>>36782778
Maybe you are shooting blanks?
>>
>>36782806
>Implying men care that dykes can make other dykes cum

Lez anon please. Just because for a short period of time you to lezzies sink your cycles get into that honeymoon phase of a relationship and fuck like rabbits...before you inevitably implode or go completely sexless for years if you're even lucky enough to stay together for a few months does not mean that het sex is bad.

I mean, if getting the dick was so inferior to fingering then why do so many lesbians cheat on their girlfriends with chads and jamals? I'm sorry, I mean have a meaningless fling that's not worth mentioning because she's totally into women.
>>
>>36782872
nope. birthcontrol actually works.
>>
>>36782245
Gaining weight should be the least of your concerns about birth control. That shit fucks up your hormones and reproductive organs.
>>
>>36782885
So both the girlfriend and the fwb were on the pill? I thought you were taking about multiple people.
>>
Everyone's hormonal makeup is different. You could get a pill that works great for you the first time, or go through multiple types for YEARS and still not find something that works well for you.

There are multiple types of pills, with different hormonal makeups. Some people get acne from bc pills and for others it will help clear up their acne. If you get migraines, you should seriously steer clear of pills that contain estrogen. You can get progesterone only pills, but they are less effective.

IUDs can be fucking painful. The mirena still has hormones, and there is a copper IUD that does not have hormones. However, be aware that if you haven't had kids, they have to dilate your cervix in order to insert the IUD, which is a feeling that ranges from weird to downright painful. And the IUD can migrate for no reason. If that does happen, and you don't catch it (and it's not like you can feel it) it can damage your uterus or embed itself in other areas of the body. Creepy, right?

Weight gain wise, I have noticed from friends that the worst culprit for the supposed weight gain was the shot.
>>
File: 1457740034676.jpg (75 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1457740034676.jpg
75 KB, 640x640
>>36782888
So does getting pregnant.
>>
>>36782902
they both were on the pill, gf still wanted me to wrap it up. i never did with fwb
>>
>>36782873
nigger please.
I'm pretty sure straight women stop being interested in sex earlier on in a relationship than us lesbians. Not saying all, but alot of men just don't know how women work and just stick their dick in and maybe go down looking like someone trying to lick the last part out of a yoghurt cup.
My girlfriend and I have been together for years and have sex on the regular and I usually come at least 2 times every time.
>>
>>36783003
No, lesbian relationships go dead or explode into physical sexual emotional violence almost always.

Het relationships have both a far lower incidence of violence(ironically enough violence almost always initiated by the lady and the man ends it one way or the other, telling isn't it) and have a greater incidence of sexual relations over the length of the relationship both in amount and percentage.

I know the lesbian community prides themselves on making themselves cum but....that doesn't actually matter to het men and het women.
Have fun though. You do your thing.

And please. PLEASE stop saying that stuff to stupid chicks and throwing a bitchfit at us if we don't pretend lezbo sex is the hottest shit evar. It's getting embarassing now.
>>
>>36782444
Elliot Rogers is that you?
>>
>>36782917
Well your best bet is to just keep your legs closed until you want to have children then.
>>
>>36783166
>believing this
>hetero relationships have a far lower incidence of violence
you are so full of shit m8, you obviousle dont know anything about women.
Women aren't often violent, but fight verbally. If 2 men fight they usually literally fight but when 2 women fight they just act like a piece of shit to eachother.

Also of course it doesn't matter to hetero men and women, but it's kinda funny how you first implied we can't make eachother have a real orgasm and now say
>um uh yeah its true but they're annoying about it! it doesnt matter to us!
>>
File: 1456372381721.png (221 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
1456372381721.png
221 KB, 640x320
>>36783166
>this amount of butthurt
>>
The Pill has helped me with a lot with acne, I usually only get a pimple or two during pms time. I used to be very irregular as well, and now I get my period on the exact same day every month, it does take your body time to get used to the new hormones though.

What I was more worried about, is it affecting muscle growth, I know it's harder for me to gain muscle because of the pill...

But overall it's a good, reliable form of BC if you take it how youre supposed to. Been on it for about 4 years now.
>>
OP are you me? I just started changing my diet and exercising and I've lost 10 pounds. 20 more to go though. I was worried about it affecting my weight loss or whatever but it seems like I really shouldn't. Thanks for the thread.
>>
>>36783287
Uh huh...
>>36783281
No, this isn't me making shit up or lying. This is a documented fact that is noted by even the homosexual community and the police.

I would love to see all of your documented evidence to the contrary.
>>
>>36783274
>i'm very irregular with my periods so I figured the pill will fix that, and i've also been breaking out lately and birth control can fix that
OP said nothing about doing it to prevent pregnancy. Hell, I'm on the pill and not sexually active because 1) my period is now highly predictable, and 2) it cures my pizza face.
>>
>>36782561
protip: go to your mother's room, look in her nightstand. You'll find somethings. Those are how women have real orgasms, not men.
>>
>>36782872
they call it birth control for a reason. taken by a responsible female, the rate of pregnancies is stupid low. Like it's more likely for a man medically declared infertile to get a woman pregnant than a regular man get a woman correctly and responsibly using birth control pregnant.

Condoms protect you from idiots, not from babies.
>>
>>36782306
NO
Do not take the shot, it's terrible, I've had two friends try it and they both went crazy, intense mood swings and all that.

It can cause appetite increases and some water retention, but it's unlikely to result in more than maybe 5lbs.
>>
>>36782245
I take Aubra, it didn't cause any weight gain for me. My periods are a little lighter but overall not much difference.

Most women don't get side effects, but they can be severe, including severe long-term bleeding, blood clots, and mood swings.

http://www.healthline.com/health/birth-control-effects-on-body
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.