[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /fit/, obese 18 year-oldfag here. I hate being fat and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_npbvu5zVA11uudk2uo1_250.jpg (22 KB, 234x250) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npbvu5zVA11uudk2uo1_250.jpg
22 KB, 234x250
Hello /fit/, obese 18 year-oldfag here. I hate being fat and decided I'm going to get lean. So far I've been surprised at my ability to just not overeat or order soda, I'm impressed with my fatass self. My question is, is it safe to eat pretty small portions? I'm asking because by not being a fastfood/sweets throat-stuffing fatty, I'm more or less cutting in half the calorie intake that's supposed to keep my fat body at the same level, but the Sticky says I should be only dropping about 500 calories. Will I actually damage my body if I don't eat closer to the huge amount I need to sustain (like 3,200)? Or can I just cut all the shit right now?
>>
Its safe with eating small or large meals, what matters is the calorie intake each day.
>>
>>36781207
You can eat as often as you feel like just count every calorie and eat less than your tdee
>>
If you eat your fruits and vegetables and whole grains you'll not only feel better but be full long before calories even become a concern.

In b4 GOMAD, 10k lbs of chicken
>>
>>36781207
What will happen if you lose weight too fast is called "loose skin", and it is exactly as gross as it sounds. There is no real solution except surgery.

I appreciate that once you start losing weight you feel headily excited to lose more, but you really do need to slow down your weightloss.

You don't want to look like a human circus tent.
>>
>>36781240
This, basically. Beyond that it's just personal preference, and avoiding foods you know you'll binge on.
>>
read sticky

Only water now fat boy

walk to gym every day

Eat over 1200 cal day or you fat sense will tingle and you'll gorge yourself, plus lose muscle...

around 1500 cal day is fine, go get myfitness pro and keep track of it. Eat rice and shit
>>
>>36781207
Ur not the first or last that has come here saying some stupid bullshit.
Read our advice. Visit the fat hate thread. Learn to just eat less.
Take pictures of your fatass and show us your "progression"
Because I don't think you can bitch
>>
>>36781291
>>36781226
>>36781240
>>36781248

These are either shit advice or not at all related to OP's question

Why the fuck are you dipshits posting? Lurk moar.
>>
How about you read the sticky you fucking faggot
>>
>>36781315
/thread
>>
>>36781261
Do you really only get loose skin from losing fat too quickly? I assumed it just happened to anyone who got that fat.

If OP is just fat and not hamplanet tier then he probably won't have to worry about it.
>>
>>36781261
Solid advice right here. I understand that if you've been fat forever and you have finally taken the steps to become normal, you can get really excited, but just hold back. Take a year or two. Losing 150lbs in 9 months will leave you looking like a parachute and that won't help on your body image.
>>
>>36781338

Its entirely caused by rapid weightloss. Even a 200kg planet can escape loose skin if they lose the weight slowly over 2 years or so.

Even normalish sized people can get loose skin if they suddenly drop a dozen kilos or so in the space of a fortnight.
>>
>>36781302

I can tell you are one of those people who don't even lift but only come here for fathate threads and to be dickheads to newcomers.

Fuck off, DYEL scum. Its a legit question, and OP is right to be cautious.
>>
>>36781207
>18 year-oldfag
is this pasta?
>>
>>36781357
What is your source on that?
>>
>>36781369
H-helping to m-motivate him
No bully
>>
File: 2543553225.png (623 KB, 667x482) Image search: [Google]
2543553225.png
623 KB, 667x482
>>36781261
>>
>>36781304
OP didn't give height or weight. So it's literally impossible to say how many calories OP should eat.
So saying eat less and count calories is the best advice that we can give

I would say start at 500 less then you TDEE and increase you deficit if you find that easy
>>
>>36781374
No, I just don't want to be so fucking fat anymore.
>>
>>36781374
It means he's been here since '98
>>
>>36781207

First off don't try and do too much or you will burn out quickly.

Start with your diet and try to find your BMR and eat under that to start losing some weight. Don't go crazy this is going to take a while if you want real results.

Stick to your diet for a week or two before you think about exercising. Start on a beginner program. SS is good to build a strength base.

As far as your diet goes get the majority of your calories from protein (chicken, lean beef, turkey, bison, etc.) and good fats. When I'm cutting I try not to go over 100g of carbs per day and those carbs are either sweet potatoes, brown rice, or something similar. Drink plenty of water.

Aim to lose 2-3 lbs per week and only weigh yourself once per week.

After you get a month or so of your strength routine down start slowly adding in some cardio. You can start with walking or running whatever.

Good luck!
>>
>>36781466
This if you are psychologically weak. If you are strong and desire well paced progress, ignore it.
>>
>>36781291
Hey OP, dont fucking listen to this guy
>>
>>36781419
Did you watch one too many war movies as a kid? You're not his fucking drill sergeant, chief. Turn it down a notch.
>>
>>36781500

He's an obese 18 year old....I think he needs to start slow and build himself up. Once he gets some self confidence he can get into beast mode.
>>
>>36781304

>lurked for years on and off
>every time I come back to see results it gets worse
>shit food choices, gran autismo relationship nonsense, "iz dis acheevable natty?" OP isn't even close to genetic potential.

Seriously this board itself is a gains goblin more than anything it tries to be.

Eat protein, eat veggies and fruits whole foods and exercise to enjoy life. Not to get girls, not to fix your broken social awkwardness. To genuinely enjoy your time on earth.

To op: don't get your info from here unless it's from the sticky. Go to a serious website about nutrition and exercise. This board will make you fat.
>>
>>36781500
Austinism
>>
>>36781466
Not op, but should I buy ground beef 0% fat and substitute with things like olive oil?
>>
>>36781625

I normally get the 90/10 or the 93/7. I do use olive oil and avocado oil to get my fat macros though.

Really just whatever fits into your diet.
>>
>>36781662
Thanks. If I already have a decent strength base from past sports, think it's safe to start cardio?
18yr 6'0 320lb btw
>>
>>36781717

Yeah man, you're young enough where I don't think you'll hurt yourself.

I would just take it slow especially at 320 or you will get burnt out fast. Plus if you start with weights you'll look better as you lose weight and burn more fat.
>>
>>36781744
Thanks a lot, I appreciate it
>>
>>36781787

No problem. You've got this.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.