[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am literally too retarded to us body fat calipers correctly,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Caiplers.jpg (14 KB, 320x361) Image search: [Google]
Caiplers.jpg
14 KB, 320x361
I am literally too retarded to us body fat calipers correctly, apparently. Please teach me.
>>
Come on guys. Please help me. I am hugely fat and get something like 12% body fat, so I obviously fucked up or have the worst body dysmorphia of all time.

ALL TIME.
>>
>>36778588
You might be but calipers aren't accurate at all.
>>
>>36778664
They're just about the best you can get without having to see a medical doctor. More accurate than bod pod or underwater weighing.

How many sites are you measuring OP? It sounds like you're pressing the calipers too firmly. They should be resting on the skin fold, not pressing on it. Don't use the calipers as a measurement of body fat, use them to track changes.
>>
>>36778700
I'm not pressing at all, I ue the one in OP picture.

Usually, I'm doing Jackson/Pollock 3 site. Any other formula I can do without a gym buddy?
>>
>>36778736
Scope the Google. There are some 10 site protocols. Every extra site you add effectively reduces the error rate. Beyond that, are you white? They have different formulas for different ethnicities as they all carry fat differently. Negros tend to store it in their ass, thighs and gut. Whites tend to store it in the gut and arms.
>>
>>36778769
>There are some 10 site protocols
>Any other formula I can do without a gym buddy?
??
>>
>>36778663
post a picture of yourself
>>
>>36778982
>posting pics of myself
>on 4chan
Uh-huh.
>>
>>36778999
How much do you weigh and what's your height? Do you actually lift?

What is your waist measurement?
>>
>>36779005
>How much do you weigh
>and what's your height?
6'1"
>Do you actually lift?
Yes.
>What is your waist measurement?
37" @ navel
>>
>>36778700
>More accurate than hydrostatic weighing or bodpod

You're either an idiot and clearly have no idea what you are talking about or you're trolling.

Bodpod and hydrostatic weighing are infinitely more accurate than a fucking caliper.
>>
>>36779049
your bf percentage doesnt matter, lose weight
>>
>>36779199
So you're a retard?
>>
>>36779226
No he's right. Unless you're an elite level athlete or bodybuilder you're way too fucking heavy.
>>
>>36779613
>Eyeballing bodyfat by bodyweight

So you're a retard too?
>>
>>36780609
Have OP post a pic of his fat disgusting gut and prove us wrong.
>>
>>36780706
>Actually defending eyeballing bodyfat by bodyweight
What is this, I don't even... enough /fat/ for today.
>>
Why do you need to know your bf% accurately.

You're either too fat or you aren't.

If you are, cut. If you aren't, don't.
>>
>>36779049

If you're 6'1" and you lift you're probably at 170-180 pounds of lean body mass. That's ~70 pounds of fat, or 28% body-fat. That should give you an idea of where you're at.

Unless you're on the juice - then the game changes.
>>
>>36780751
If the fat fuck doesn't know how to use a caliper and he weighs that much at that bodyweight he isn't fit. Jesus Christ are you seriously that fucking stupid you cunt?
>>
how accurate are those body composition measurement scales?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.