[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How fast can /fit/ run a 5k outdoors? Also Include age and gender.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: running.jpg (430 KB, 2716x1525) Image search: [Google]
running.jpg
430 KB, 2716x1525
How fast can /fit/ run a 5k outdoors? Also Include age and gender.

21/M, I just finished my first 5k without stopping. I managed a time of 25:30. 2 weeks ago I couldn't even make it a mile without having to stop.
>>
>>36778516
Reminder that everyone should be able to run sub-22 minutes at minimum, otherwise you aren't actually fit. Not even trolling.

Sub-18 min, 20/M here. Currently at just slightly slower than that because fuck dumb non-fitness-relatied-injuries
>>
>>36778516

That's great to hear, mang. Don't let them cardiogoblins tell you to stop. Keep going and don't be upset that some days you'll be slower than others.
I've been running my ass off for the past year and my best 5K time is 24:something, so I'd say you're doing great! But then again I don't know neither your height or weight, whereas I'm a recovering fatty manlet :^).

Tips:
>Learn interval running
>Have one long run per week to build stamina (as in "fuck avg speed, go till you break")
>google "run to cadence" and download some albums, that shit works wonders for longer runs
>NEVER EVER BUY SHOES WITHOUT A TEST RUN.
I can't stress my last point enough, since I'm a cheapskate who blew a shitload of money on meme running shoes which weren't made for my retarded flatfoot pronation.
>>
I ran my first 5k like 3 years back. If I can remember correctly my time was around 20 mins which from what I heard is average. Felt good man ran it without stopping too
>>
>>36778516
Sub 19, 34, going on 35 soon
>>
My current record is 20:15, male, 20.
>>
Never tried 5k but i used to do daily 10k's in 43mins max
>>
18/M 25min

I quit smoking two weeks ago. Looking to get 20 min in a few months.
>>
>>36778516
25/male

I never really go for speed, but I guess I would manage something just under 30 minutes, maybe even 25. My usual track goes uphill quite a lot though.
>>
>>36778516
When I used to run a long time ago I was only doing like a ten minute mile so pretty slow. Haven't run in a long time because I dislike it and it's probably not good for my back
>>
28min 26sec

Although that's 5.14k.

I had to walk about 8 times. Hadn't done any running in about a year, and not much before that either.
>>
>>36778516
I'm a recovering fatty, and I can do it in about 28-29 minutes without stopping.

Am I doing good? This is down from a time of 35 minutes
>>
>>36778516
When I was 12 (school running team) I did 5k 26 minutes.

19 now, stopped running at 17. Hate every step of it
>>
>>36779096
If you wanna cut, concentrate on distance, not speed. I try to run an hour everyday, sometimes I make it and sometimes not, but I'm losing over 1kg consistently every week at 80kg bw, since I'm losing over 1k Cal each time
>>
>>36779096
Yes this is good progress. Might want to look into training longer distance now (work towards 7.5km then 10, etc)
>>
How do you guys measure how far you're actually running? I run outdoors, a park not a track, and have had google maps tell me the same route is two different distances.
>>
>>36779235
Wear one of those fancy bracelets like fitbit
>>
>>36779235
I used to use mapmyrun.com

Some friends use a fitbit, nike+ etc
>>
>>36779235
Google Earth path measure. Setting elevation exaggeration to 3 also helps for finding good hill runs, or avoiding gradients if you're going for a flat path.
>>
>>36778516
Don't get too bent out of shape about the time. Under 30 minutes is bare minimum for general health. Under 24 is good for anyone NOT a runner. To get under 20 minutes you have to have good running mechanics in addition to the training. Not everyone is cut out to run sub 20 minutes.
>>
When I was running a lot I ran one in 15:32, but now I can probably just manage 20 minutes
>>
>>36778876
If you stick with it and run a lot you will get to 22 minutes, maybe even a bit less pretty fast. After that the progress will probably slow down, add some HIIT work, it might help a lot.
Anyway in my opinion it's much easier to go from 25:-21:30 than from 21:30-20:00.
You can definitely do it.

>>36779235
I usually run with a phone and use nike+ app to measure distance/time etc. If you don't want to run with a phone and always run the same distance, then just run with a phone once and use the app to measure the distance. There are also watches that can measure this stuff (garmin watches are pretty good).
>>
I do half-marathons in the 1:30 range and I'm not even a serious runner. Well, actually I run purely for fun so I guess some people might consider that as beyond serious.

What made me love running? Minimalist footwear. Moving to a warmer climate. Getting my fitness up to a point that I worry more about how much time I spend running rather than the physical exertion. Good music.

Occasionally I'll vape some weed and go for really long runs too, I find that the experience is sort of dream-like and meditative.

I think that running is really driven by some primitive positive feedback loop in our brains because the more I run, the more I want to run above all else.
>>
>>36778516
2 miles in 15:20
3miles in 27:00

Without stopping. I'm fat as fuck right now.
>>
>>36778637
i did 15miles in 2 hours yesterday. is that fit?
>>
>>36778516
male, 21
22:41 is the fastest time I have recorded on my Nike Running app

good progress anon, keep it up
>>
I can't
male 18
6'5 213
>>
Jesus guys, if you can't even run a marathon at 3:00 hour pace, you are seriously unfit. I did it, and I didn't even train anything before it.
>>
Back when I trained for obstacles races I did a 5k obstacle race at sub 22 min. 5 years later I'm 27 yrs old and it's hard for me to break 28min. Have gained 25lbs bulking tho. Just started running, hiit, rowing and hitting the bag to my routine. Looming to get below 25 min by the end of May.
>>
>>36779600
Ignore the troll. 3 hour marathon is 4:17/km. I bet you can't even do 5k below 25:00 (5:00/km).
>>
>unable to run a marathon in under 2.5 hours
>thinks hes gonna make it
lmfao just end urself right now faggot
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.