[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, /fit/, are bodyweight workouts a meme or can they yield gains?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: meme.jpg (83 KB, 483x300) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
83 KB, 483x300
So, /fit/, are bodyweight workouts a meme or can they yield gains? Also, can anybody rec an effective routine?
>>
File: my fit journey.png (4 MB, 1700x1700) Image search: [Google]
my fit journey.png
4 MB, 1700x1700
>>36776918
they worked for me but they take years to achieve a good physique.personally i used a retarded and very simple routine kind of like this along with some planks and crunches.i didnt train my legs until i reached some of the last panels because i didnt want a thick core and legs.im pretty sure you can add more exercises if you want a more functional body.
A
4xF pushups
4x12-20 dips
4x12 overhead db extensions
4x12 dumbbell kickbacks

B
2xF pullups
2xF chinups
+more pulls/chins until you reach 50 rep total
4x12 seated db concentration curls
4x12 hammer grip curls
>>
>>36776918
I gained 15 lbs of muscle doing bodyweight only.

AMA
>>
>>36776971
how and what routine?
>>
>>36776960
do they take significantly longer than weights if done properly? (also how far along were you on 3rd-4th pics?)
>>36776971
how long did it take and which routine did you follow?
>>
>>36776960
you look like the child of the vegan goblin and the hungry skeleton. Thank you very much for your input though.
>>
>>36777012
first row third pic is about 6 months in.
second row is 2 years,2.5 years,3 years in.
last row is when i lost 12kg after a serious non fitness related injury,the rest is 4 years in from the start,and about 1 year from my injury.
>>
>>36776960
What does 2xF mean?
>>
>>36777039
2 sets to failure (until you cant do more reps with good form)
>>
>>36777044
ah, thx.
I always stop when it starts to hurt too much, but I feel that with overcoming the pain I could do more. Should I try more?
>>
>>36776994
I've done lots of routines. Been doing bodyweight workouts for 15 months straight. Now I'm following GMB rings program.

Gymnastics rings are hugely helpful if you want big gains with bodyweight. Let me give you my routine. All upper body is done on rings. Rings aren't necessary though, but a pull up bar is. Doing a PPL split.

Push:
dips 5x5-10
Tuck to tuck shoulder stand 5x5-10
Lsit 5x10-15 sec hold

Legs: you will need some weight.
Weighted pistols
Single leg deads
(Sometimes I do explosive work here)

Pull:
Pull ups
Tuck FL rows
Skin the cats

Another routine I like:
Push:
Dips
PPPU
Lsit
Tuck planche

Pull:
Pull up
Row
FL
BL
>>
Bodyweight training is the most functional training there is. Start taking some gymnastics or aerial acrobatics classes and you'll will not only gain strength and muscle but learn balance, coordination, and explosiveness that has far more carry-over to sports and real life than just lifting shit.
>>
>>36776960
Post a picture of your legs please
>>
Is this any good? https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine
I currently do this 3 days a week:
3x8 paralell bar dips
3x8 squats
3x30sec One-Leg Foot Supported L-sits
3x8 Diamond pushups
3x8 Horizontal rows
2x60s planks

5'8, 125 lbs

Also tryna eating good
>>
>>36776918
Try /asp/

>>>/asp/1083806
>>
>>36777089
always try to do more if the pain is not unnatural,eg very sharp or some joint feels like it doesnt work normally.
always stop if your form breaks down to poor. perfect reps are the only reps that count.
also check out pyramid sets.pyramid sets are very effective with bodyweight exercises.
for example if you can do 45 pushups in a single set with perfect form you could try a pyramid pushup that starts from and reaches 35 with 5 repetition increments,then goes back down to 5.for example:
set 1:5reps
set 2:10 reps
set 3:15 reps
set 4:20 reps
set 5:25 reps
set 6:30 reps
set 7:35 reps
set 8:30 reps
set 9:25 reps
set 10:20 reps
etc etc
>>
>>36777120
The only issue is how long it takes to git gud at any of this. Having higher strength doesn't really correspond well to being better at bodyweight exercises because you still need to give your tendons and small stabilizer muscles some time to catch up.
>>
>>36777138
Yeah reddits bodyweight routine is based off of overcoming gravity and it's good.
>>
File: DSC_0058.jpg (387 KB, 944x2560) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0058.jpg
387 KB, 944x2560
>>36777133
n-no homo tho
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.