[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
body fat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: godblum.jpg (39 KB, 680x478) Image search: [Google]
godblum.jpg
39 KB, 680x478
whats the best way to loose body fat?

is diet more important than cardio or are they equal?

can anyone give me any recs to workouts/diets to do so i can loose bf, thanks a lot
>>
don't be a pussy just cut it off.
>>
>>36775469
Read the sticky.
>>
File: aze7m7115rpw7e7w.jpg (50 KB, 454x613) Image search: [Google]
aze7m7115rpw7e7w.jpg
50 KB, 454x613
>>36775498
>>36775507
sticky isnt connecting so i cant read it, thats why lads
>>
>>36775469
Sticky says "lifting burns tons of calories" Topkek.
>>
Jesus christ. The sticky helps, but come on now. Assuming you are overweight and not trying to lose those last couple pounds for ideal weight, just run and eat less.

Oh god the sticky is down, if only there was another place to find "how to lose weight" besides an Indonesian youth soccer forum. Use some basic thinking.
>>
>>36775808
Diet is way more important than cardio.
>>
>>36775823
>>36775808
>>36775758
all i wanted was to know which one was more important and how important either of them were, im trying to loose body fat and im about 14% rn so i was just trying to get down to show more muscle
>>
>>36775469
If you have control over yourself, cut your portions down. Like a fuck ton. If you don't have control over your desires like most people including myself, purging is the absolute best. This means purging every single thing you eat every single day. Your body will still be taking in calories, just a immensely smaller fraction than before. I started this in mid january and lost an almost terminal amount of fat within just a month.
>>
>>36776024
What do you mean by 'purging'?
>>
>>36776036
Bulimia. I wouldn't do it if you care about your teeth. Alos, if you do it, drink a gatorade after to replenish your electrolytes.
>>
>>36776036
Inducing vomiting. Stick your fingers down your throat and get that shit outta there. You will probably start with two fingers, but eventually your gag reflex will become assimilated and you will have to use three fingers and work a lot harder to get your stomach to throw up. First month and a half is a cake walk tho
>>
>>36776036
He's probably trying to make you bulimic. I mean, it'd work ridiculously well, but there's no need to get to that point.

>>36775469
Diet is all that matters with weight loss.

For instance, it doesn't matter if you run for so many hours that you've burned a 1000 calories if you just go and eat those right back up. And for weight loss, eating 100 less calories is just as efficient as burning 100 calories that you didn't eat for.

Either way, building muscle increases your TDEE, but that'd take months before being relevant.

My suggestion: fix your diet, get to a healthy weight, THEN start exercising. It'll be easier once you're less like a sea animal and more like a human being.
>>
>>36775469
Diet is ~80% of weight loss. So ~20% is exercise
>>
>>36776024
Doesn't the data say that most bulimics remain fatasses no matter how much they purge because they just start eating more to compensate?
>>
>>36776078
Most bulimics don't become bulimics to get thin, though, they do it to feel like they are in control of something (in this case, what goes inside of them).

But yes, the bulimics I know do it often enough to get some health issues from it but none of them got thin, at most slightly overweight.
>>
5x5
get a treadmill or if at gym use it and do around 5 incline (you can start lower if you honestly cant handle it) and walk for 20 minutes at 3mph
do this after every workout
watch CALORIE
do sprints right after
>>
>>36776077
You're underrating exercise that much. A good hiit session for 20 mins can literally shed you a few hundred cals
>>
>>36776078
This is why I didn't mention the word bulimia in my post. I wanted to change myself but was too mentally weak to control myself from eating what I liked. It's mentally easier for me to damage control something after it's been done instead of the normal alternative of having self control and not eating so much. Regardless, I'm heroin thin now but built since I've also lifted every day since I started. I won't lie to you, it is pure suffering. But it's easier than having control over desire.
>>
>>36776077
Weight loss is 100% diet. Exercising just makes it easier, as you can consume more when you burn more.
>>
>>36775948
Do SL or SS and on non lifting days to hiit cardio
>>
>>36775808
Not op but I'm trying to lose those last few pounds, on a 500kcal deficit ive lost 2lbs in 3 weeks but nothing off my fat ass waist. FEELS FUCKING BAD MAN
>>
>>36777513
hiit
>>
>>36777513

Shitty genetics
>>
>>36777513

An inch of waste size can be anywhere between 4-8 pounds so it's not surprising you haven't seen much of a difference.
>>
>>36777527
weight training M/W/F and HIIT Tu/Th bro
>>36777532
idk about that im 6'2" blonde hair blue eyes well above average cock
>>
>>36777538
thanks thats a relief
>>
>>36775948
well, let's put it like that:

Zyzz never did cardio.
>>
>>36777600
He also died young, so let's not follow him into the grave.
>>
>>36777866
yeah you are right. Still, the point I was trying to make is that it is not THAT important for aesthetics if your diet is on point.

Still, nobody is perfect, OP is probably not roiding and it is important for health (nothing more pathetic than a /fit/ guy breathing heavily after climbing a few stairs), so it would be stupid to not do it at least once a week.
>>
>>36777509
>>36776130
not op but is this the best thing to do?

my diets shit
>>
>>36775469
You can't outrun a bad diet.

Which means diet is key, cardio comes after.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.gif (1 MB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.gif
1 MB, 680x680
>>36775469
>tfw OP doesn't read the fucking sticky
>>
>>36775469

you diet determines your body composition 90%, the other 10% is exercise. You will NEVER outrun a bad diet no matter how hard you exercise. Bad diet = look like shit.
>>
Cut out dairy entirely.

I've been eating nearly all soy for 2 months and it has been great.

>Cleared up acne
>Lowered bad cholesterol
>lost weight
>got tons of protein

Only side effects I've seen my nipples are sensitive and my gooch is tingly.
>>
>>36779869
G-grill?
>>
>>36775469
2 grams of DNP a day
>>
>>36776139

Some of us don't wanna run around like a headless chook having a spack attack.

Fuck you hiit cunt.
>>
>>36779869

You're transitioning, good job Cait.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.