[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck do my forearms feel like breaking apart after i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Why the fuck do my forearms feel like breaking apart after i set down the barbell after doing barbell curls?

While i do the curls it feels good/normal but as soon as i release the tension it feels like i got a fractured forearm for like 5 seconds...

only on barbell curls, i dont feel that way on ANY other exercise.

>pic related
>>
>>36775003
Weak forearm muscles so the strain is going directly onto your radius and ulnar.

Very common problem for beginner-intermediate lifters.
>>
>>36775017

I lift since 2 years and pull lmao4pl8 for 8 clean reps without straps or anything.

I doubt that my forearms are weak, its one of my best bodyparts.

Thanks for the input tho
>>
>>36775071

The muscles in your forearm that control grip are not the muscles that control flexion/extension of the wrist. You can be great at one and suck donkey balls at the other.
>>
>>36775086

Any tipps on how to strengthen those needed muscles then?

I can do DB hammercurls, incline curls, ez bar curls, close grip pull ups etc. without pain, its realy just the barbell that fucks me up (even if i go lightweight).

thought about just stopping BB curls but the pump is just to great.
>>
>>36775107
just continue to lift, it will get better with time
>>
Same, man. That's why I use the dumbbells or ezcurl bar. Also preacher curls give me a sharp pain in my wrist.
>>
>>36775003
It's a common issue. I don't think it has ANYTHING to do with what >>36775017 says.

Next time you do barbell curls, try this...
Only grab the bar with your 4th and 5th finger. Let your thumb, index finger and middle finger just point out in the air. What this accomplishes is that it forces you to keep your forearm supinated, rather than do what you're normally doing, which is MOST LIKELY this: You're lifting more with the outer part of your arm and trying to turn the exercise into a hammer curl (because it's a stronger biomechanical position), effectively twisting your radius bone up with the ulna is still being held down.

Over time you can practice using a normal grip again, but you need to get used to doing the exercise without twisting your forearm. Always think about "leading" with the inner part of your forearm when you do barbell curls (when you do reverse curls, the opposite is true).
>>
>>36775003
Damn, i thought i was the only one having this problem
I usually just avoid the barbell curls since it hurts afterward
Keep up the good work bro
>>
>>36775172

Thanks i will definitly try this, sounds like this could work.
>>
>>36775003
Just wrap up your wrists when going for heavy BB Curls, do some faggot wrist curls if you want to get comfortable in that loaded pronated position.
>>
>>36775003
you need to let your hands go limp like that girl. You're curling mostly with your forearm but as soon as you let your hands limp you'll notice the pump go straight to your bicep only.
>>
>>36775172
>>36775971
I had the exact problem and I just switched to thumb-under grip

immediately fixed it
>>
>>36775003
>barbell curls
snap city
only use dumbells to work biceps
>>
>>36778165
This. Or an ez bar. I find that curling with a straight bar puts a huge amount of unneeded strain on my wrists. Has nothing to do with how strong your forearms are. If something hurts, it's hurting for a reason. Don't listen to the retards who said just keep doing it, that's how you develop injury.
>>
>>36778240
Came in to say this. EZ curl bar solves this. I have the same issue doing curls with a straight bar. Forearms felt like netal afterwards...
>>
>>36775086
>muscles in your forearm that control grip are not the muscles that control flexion
while this is correct, your post is utter bullshit
there's no way op lift 4pl8 and have a underdeveloped forearm, all forearm muscles have to be activated isometrically for such pull

>>36775107
>its realy just the barbell that fucks me up
then the problem is with your grip, my guess is that you're compressing the medial part of your hand, and then you ulnar nerve gets some pression when you decompress it (drop the weight), something along these lines...

just drop the plain bb and compensate for it on ez bar/db, it's a more favorable grip
>>
>>36775003
wrist curls op! I had the same issue! when i started passing 45kg on the preacher curl my forearms killed. Wrist curls helped strengthen it
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.