[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does this app tell me to do barbell curls before pullups?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (167 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
167 KB, 1242x2208
Why does this app tell me to do barbell curls before pullups?
>>
i do pull ups before barbell curls idk do whatever you like pham don't let an app tell you what you like
>>
>>36774353
what app is that, i use fitnotes, loving it, but i'm always open for some more
>>
>>36774819
Stronglifts 5x5 app
>>
>>36774353
Because pull-ups, unlike chin-ups is mostly for your lats
>>
I assume this is the paid for version and that the free version I use is FUCKING SHORT CHANGING ME AND RUINING MY MUSCULAR GAINZ?!
>>
>>36774353

Because you're a retard.

Those are the accessory exercises.
They're in what ever preset order they come in.
If you add some they'll be in the order you put them in too
>>
>>36774852

>he paid 14.99 for the extra features
>>
>>36774861
I don't think you should be giving fitness advice. While you are correct in that pull-ups do work lats more than they do biceps, they are still a compound movement, and in this case, should come before isolations.
>>
>>36774886
Thank you.
>>36774861
Wrong.
Chinups are better for both lats and biceps. Pull ups have some advantages I don't remember off the top of my head but they're definitely neither biceps nor lats.
>>36774353
>doing an arbitrarily overregulated and overpriced program in the current year
>>
>>36774903

The main advantage of pullups (aside from teres major use, which is largely irrelevant in a lot of cases) is that a shitton of people are too tight, too wide or too busted up to tolerate the bottom position of a chinup on most bars.
>>
>>36774353
If you can do 10 bw pullups you can probably curl more than 20kg.

My advice is to do the pullups first as they're a compound exercise.
>>
>>36775332
Those are not my PR's.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.