[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quadriceps Without Knees
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Quadriceps_3D.gif (2 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Quadriceps_3D.gif
2 MB, 640x640
I went to the gym for the first time yesterday with some friends. The upper body part was great, the lower was pretty bad. I was in physio for me knees months ago because just walking was hard. It's bad genetics I guess, half my family has titanium fucking screws holding their knees together. I'm going to go back to physio because I did literally two poor-form squats with just the bar and my knees buckled so badly my friends had to pick me back up.

It's a bit discouraging but oh well, I'll hope that physio can get me squat/deadlift ready. In the mean time, is there any way I can work my quads without using my knees?
Thanks boys
>>
>>36773409
I have a knee pain when i walk down stairs. My left knee is farked m8 so i feel you. My legs are already pretty beefy from squatin before my knee pain started so i dont squat much.

Tbh senpai you're kind of fucked. You cant really work the quad without bending the knee. I mean you could do straight-leg quad tensing. But that wont give you significant strength or hypertrophy gains.

Sorry fampai
>>
>>36773409
Why did you start with the bar if your knees are weak?

Common sense is to try doing bodyweight squats and see if your knees can handle just that. From there is a matter to progressively add resistance (dumbbells in your hands for example) until you can squat the equivalent weight of the bar with zero problems.

For ligament and tendon strengthening, eccentrics are beautiful, so research about those.
>>
File: 1433098896175.png (257 KB, 809x355) Image search: [Google]
1433098896175.png
257 KB, 809x355
>>36773446
Fuck. Hopefully physio will help me out. It did wonders when I cracked my elbow last summer so I'm hopeful. Guess I'll just pray and start getting a huge upper body + core in the mean time.
>>
>>36773490
I had never heard of doing just squats without weight desu. I felt like a complete pussy doing just the bar, my friends were the ones that stopped me from using weights. I thought even the tiniest of people (like me, I'm 5'11 120lb) could at least squat the bar.
I'll look into eccentrics, though. Thanks.
>>
>>36773525

Change your attitude. Dont take lifting as a macho thing if you have a medical condition. Right now you need to use it as a tool to rehabilitate your joints.

> I thought even the tiniest of people (like me, I'm 5'11 120lb) could at least squat the bar.

You are way too underweight. No doubt why you are weak.
>>
>>36773587
Yes I'm struggling with the idea of holding back right now. Even upper body yesterday I went to failure a couple times because I hate backing down and telling myself that I can't, I did that for a really long time and now I just want to be alpha as possible

And yeah my weight is a problem but it's been getting better. I was on a medication for a couple years that took away my sense of hunger, I ended up at 93 pounds and got put on life support baka. When you get put in a position like that it becomes really hard to not try to better yourself each day. In this case that means I've been trying to lift more than I safely can
>>
>>36773652
its your body bro do what you want from it. There is always a piper to pay. and always a yes man who will feed you a line.

You're scary underweight. See the seperation of those quad in the pick. That allows for stabalization of the various angular forces your toothpicks don't have angular leverage to create side to side stability.

Remember Knees OUT. for your air squats

infographic first then maybe
maybe goblet squats with a 5 or a 10

You can go hard as fuck with body weight.

You can do anything you want after you've earned it not before.

also I'd see a nutritionist before I see a physio, Tapeworm.
>>
>>36773834
Thanks. My nutrition is fine, I've been gaining weight like a mad man. I see my GP fairly regularly. I will look into the pic
>>
>>36773525
If you're 5'11 at 120lbs, it isn't unreasonable that you can't squat the bar, even if you had good knees. You're a beginner, it's okay to not be able to squat the bar if you're underweight
>>
>>36773525
light cardio as a base along with mobility and flexibility work can help pave the way for your lifting.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.