[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>stretching thread I need help. I can't touch my toes.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: stretching.jpg (19 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
stretching.jpg
19 KB, 600x400
>stretching thread

I need help. I can't touch my toes. I have a shitty office job and it's really starting to take a toll on my lower back.

Are there any good programs? Whatever I try just doesn't seem to work.
>>
File: 600_sexy-blonde-posing-31063.jpg (94 KB, 600x605) Image search: [Google]
600_sexy-blonde-posing-31063.jpg
94 KB, 600x605
>>36772158
bump
>>
File: 1432184045232.jpg (79 KB, 500x670) Image search: [Google]
1432184045232.jpg
79 KB, 500x670
>>36772158

dammit fit
>>
>>36772158
Have you tried foam rolling?
>>
>>36772445
Ever feel your brain start to produce love hormones?
>>
>>36772158
Dont stretch your fucking back if it hurts. Is one of the worst things you can do besides lifting heavy.
>>
>>36772158
1. Get a book called 'sport stretch'
2. NEVER try to stretch cold muscles, ALWAYS do something to warm them up first, even if it's soaking in a hot tub of water -- unless you like tearing muscles and ligaments.
>>
I have a similar issue. I can't touch my toes, or even get close to be honest. Furthest I can get is the bottom of my palms touching the bottoms of me knees. But the deal is I'm super flexible in most other ways. I can lift my knees up under my shoulders, and I can put my feet over my head behind my neck. But the second the knee starts to straighten out, some muscle (hard to feel which) starts to tighten the fuck up really fast.

What do?
>>
I gained a lot of flexibility over a year by just warming up before a workout, stretching every muscle group in every way i knew how and doing all of the same stretches at the end of a workout. If you cannot touch your toes its probably because there's just one or two weak links holding the rest of your muscles back, so do all of the stretches.

I ended up spending 30 minutes a day just stretching. It takes patience and persistence, but the gains dont really go away and my body feels a lot better than it did.
>>
>>36772158
>>36774795

>ITT: people who have not read the sticky

Find the Starting Stretching routine, do it for like 1-2 weeks, enjoy the results
>>
>>36772158

Keep trying. A month ago I couldn't touch my toes, now I can touch them pretty easily.
>>
>>36775058
But we're talking improving flexibility by almost 12 inches, is that even possible?
>>
>>36772158
Sometimes it's just a body proportion problem.
I'm not particularly flexible but I can easily touch my toes because I have short legs ,long torso and arm

>>36775094
Yeah I had a friend that started kickboxing 6 month ago ,that was as flexible as an oak. Couldn't reach farther than his knees. Now he can put his palm on the ground with a straight back. His progression was great but he did spent a lot of time stretching after each workout.

Have you injured your inductors ,hips flexors or hamstrings in the past ? It may come from that.
Any way stretch a lot. After your morning run. After lifting. You'll have to pass more time stretching than just the regular one to avoid getting doms
>>
>>36775170
Nope, no injuries. My legs just got incredibly inflexible in that one specific way as I aged. That's why I think it's not something I can stretch out, when I have that palms-to-knees hing it literally feels like the back of my knees are about to explode the fuck out like a gunshot.
>>
>>36772158
I stretch for maybe 10 mins before lifts, 6 days per week. I dont do the retarded sticky shit that basically tells you that if you dont stretch each separate muscle for 5-10 mins it doesnt do anything. Thats a lie. I can eaily put my head between my legs, put palms on ground etc
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.