[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> joined a gym > been going only once a week > want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: CjbDcSM.gif (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
CjbDcSM.gif
3 MB, 320x180
> joined a gym
> been going only once a week
> want to go more than once a week but have severe DOMS for 2-3 days

What am I doing wrong? Am I working out too much in one day? My adductors hurt so damn much it's hard to walk around the office during work hours.

I-I'm gonna make it one day, right guys?
>>
>>36769987
how much do you exactly do on that one day?
>>
Do roids
>>
>>36769987
DOMS can be managed with thorough stretching post workput. Also, once you start working out, your doms will go away. So get on the schedule you want to be on and stick with it, in 2 weeks this won't be a problem.
>>
>>36769987
You do know you can lift sore right?

That's my secret anon, i'm always sore
>>
>>36769987
You sound new did you even SS or SL?
>>
>>36769987
Keep going, the more often you go the less doms you have. Just work through them.
>>
>>36770037
Basically doing all the machines or weights I can access within 30-40 mins. Maybe add another 10-15 min of speed walking to and from the gym.

I start off with some exercises like doing squats, lunges and dips while holding 2 7.5 lb weights. Then I move onto some machines to work triceps, biceps, back, legs, etc. I do maybe around 2 sets of 10 reps on each machine. My arms are not as sore but my legs usually feel the worse. Especially after using the leg press, my legs feel like jelly when I leave the gym.

I think the last time I went I overdid it on the adductor machine since those muscles seem the most sore right now. Constant stretching hasn't helped.
>>
>>36769987
Sleep more and consume more protein
>>
>>36770166
Oh my god
You are probably beyond help, but just in case it reaches you, please buy or download a copy of Starting Strength (3rd edition) by Mark Rippetoe and read the fuck out of it.
>>
>>36770265
noice meme
>>
>>36770166
this is fucking bait, it has to be
>>
the more you work out the more your body gets used to it and less doms
>>
>>36770326
What do you mean by 'bait'?

That's my normal gym routine. My personal trainer showed it to me and I've used it every workout since. He said I could do the most weight on the abductor machines he's ever seen. Problem, sir?
>>
>>36770166
Get on a real routine NOW and stop dicking around on machines
>>
>>36769987
workout through the doms pussy
>>
File: 1460475363601.png (149 KB, 454x340) Image search: [Google]
1460475363601.png
149 KB, 454x340
>>36770393
>>
>>36770440
I don't think I understand the picture you sent me, friendo
>>
>>36770087
Nailed it
>>
>>36770453
So transparent it's painful
>>
>>36770082
this.
I just started workout again recently, and fucked up the first week.
Over extended myself and didn't stretch properly.
Was sore/in pain for a week.
Now I barely get doms at all at this point unless i really really push myself,.
>>
File: you got trolled.jpg (49 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
you got trolled.jpg
49 KB, 500x380
>>36770517
okay, you caught me. I tried to troll you hehe
>>
DOMS will stop plaguing you in a month, if not less.

obviously make sure you're eating plenty of protons.

otherwise, just go out anyway? i loved DOMS, made me feel like i busted my ass. it wasn't debilitating, but i definitely had to put the soreness in the back of my mind sometimes.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.