[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 20, 130-135 lbs, 5'6" male. I've been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: April 10.png (745 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
April 10.png
745 KB, 640x1136
I'm 20, 130-135 lbs, 5'6" male. I've been working out 3 times a week since late January and I've seen very few results as of yet, progress pics are showing nothing. I'm neither losing nor gaining weight.
Even though I'm normal weight I've got a bit of a belly since I don't have a ton of muscle. I'm looking on going a bulk/cut cycle. Which would you recommend I do first? Pic is me
>>
Post routine
Post diet

You're either not lifting (hard) enough or you're not eating enough
>>
My goal weight is 125. I try to eat just under 2000 calories a day besides tuesdays when I get tacos and pig out.

Day A
Bench 5x5
Incline Bench 3x5
Decline Bench 3x5
Flys 3x10
Some variant of triceps rope 4x10

Day B
Reverse barbell Curls alternating with regular 4x10
Rows 4x10
Shoulder Press Machine 4x10
Shoulder Press Dumbbells 4x10
Pullups 4xFailure
Dumbbell curls 2x10 each arm
>>
>>36768384
You eat way too much you need to eat around 1200. Especially with that cheat day
>>
>>36768296
1. "Working out" doesn't mean shit. What's your routine? How heavy are you lifting? What's your rep scheme?

2. How many calories do you eat a day?

Answer these before even beginning to think about bulking or cutting to determine where you are and how to reasonably reach your goals.
>>
>>36768554
Would intermittent fasting make that more efficient?
>>
>>36768296
>>36768384
Don't let your goal weight be 125. I'm also 5'6, 145, and I'd be skelly. Build some muscle first, lean bulk for a bit and cut after is my 2cents
>>
File: 3.jpg (154 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
154 KB, 1200x1600
>>36768296
Im 147 in this pic
And im 0.25 inches shorter than you
>>
>>36768384

125 is too low for that height. your body is likely eating itself for sustenance in addition to whatever else you eat.

I'm 5"6 and the lowest I've ever been was 132 because I worked in a hot ass factory all summer, and pretty much only drank water.
>>
>>36768700
>>36768732
I'll try a lean bulk then, thanks for the advice. Would Bulking to 150ish then cutting be a good plan?
>>
Cut for 2 months. Set weight goals weekly, weigh yourself everyday when you first get up in the morning after you take a piss. If you are not losing weight after a few days, lower your calories further. Aim for about 1200 calories per day, combine with intermittent fasting. Make sure a good portion of those calories are protein, aim for at least 0.65g/lb protein. (anybody who cites the 1.0g/lb is pure bro science)

>http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

Basically focus on your calorie deficit and protein requirements. You won't lose weight unless you set progress goals and follow them, or you will just give yourself an excuse to eat more and see no changes.

After 1-2 months cutting, do a full bulk. I would recommend a bulk now but your BF% is still a bit too high, you need to trim at least 4-5% of what you have off now.

The other option is to bulk hard and heavy, though be prepared to end up in the mid 20's for BF% if you go that route.
>>
>>36768384
Retarded manlet. You're eating at maintenance. Use a TDEE calculator you fucking moron
>>
>>36768782
What would you estimate my bf% at? I don't want to get built-fat so I'm not hard and heavy bulking, so I'll probably either lean bulk or cut at this point. Cut would probably be easier due to dining hall food in college
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-13-10-23-18.png (4 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-13-10-23-18.png
4 MB, 1440x2560
Can someone pls tell me wether i should cut or can i actually start leanbulking, right now iam eating 2200kcal with at least 180protein.

height 195cm
wheigt 88kg

Bench 90 3x5
OHP 60 3x5
Squat 80 5x5
Deadlift 140 1x5

Thank you in advance
>>
>>36768655
Yea but you need to count calories. But your goal weight would put you in Skelton mode. Unless you're a /fa/g. Or you have body image problems. Why not just go for Otter mode by putting on 10bls of muscle by eating clean slightly over maintaince cals. If you still have fat just do a cut.
>>
>>36768895
Why would you start cutting when you don't have any mass after all..?
>>
>>36768895
I'd say lean bulk, you don't have a ton to cut
>>
>>36768936
He has boobs
>>
>>36768936
Because i used to be much fatter, and i want abs once in my life
>>
>>36769025
You will look like a fucking twink if you cut into abs now. Also, don't fall into /fit/ body dysmorphia, and think abs are a must,
>>
>>36769168
Well i thought i should cut till abs then bulk, but guess i will start bulking,

I used scoobys calculator and it says i should eat ~3400kcal for a clean bulk, but imo thats to much, am i good with going for 2900?
>>
>>36769345
If you eat that much at your height you're going to be fat as fatass in 2 months. That's what I'm supposed to bulk at and I'm 6'6".

You're plugging something in wrong.
>>
>>36769420
Bro every calculator says that much, iam 6,4 ft lanklet
>>
>>36769420
Bruh I barely maintain weight if I eat 3k cals when I'm bulking. With enough exercise/work even us turbo manlets can have trouble bulking
>>
Im your height and twenty more pounds than you but look skinnier somehow, but I'm fat. How does this make sense? Just wanted to gloat a little
>>
rest is a meme

3x a week is a waste of time

bump that to 6 times a week

you don't have any muscle
you can recover much faster than this 3x a week meme
>>
>>36772560
It's more of a time thing, college is hard
>>
>>36768296
You are 70 lbs and 6 inches away from being a male tho
>>
>>36768895
Can i have some more opinions pls?
>>
>>36774872
You are strong for someone who looks like he hasnt touched a barbell in his life
>>
>>36775313
Ok, thank you bro i will start eating
>>
>>36768296
in situations like this I say you should always cut first.

Why?

The benefits of cutting outweigh the benefits of bulking if you have almost zero to none experience in lifting and don't have a solid foundation to build muscle on. It will be healthy, you will see faster results that will motivate you to continue and you will eventually know the fundamental things about dieting and fitness. In contrary if you'd start with bulking you would most likely not see the results you'd like to see as fast as with cutting and you could get easily demotivated as a complete beginner which I believe is the main cause many people start to skip their workouts and cheat on their diet.

When you have build a solid foundation of muscle and have made great effort to be overall healthier and fit then the transition to bulking will be much easier.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.