[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My 14 year old brother has started going to the gym and wants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1424320902788.jpg (35 KB, 444x444) Image search: [Google]
1424320902788.jpg
35 KB, 444x444
My 14 year old brother has started going to the gym and wants me to help him with a routine, I've drawn him up a simple PPL to get him started, what do you guys make of it? All with DB/kettle bells, then moving on to barbell exercises and more advanced lifts after a few months. All 3 sets of 8-12 reps

Push
Bench press
Seated shoulder press
Curls

Pull
Lying Rows
Lawnmowers
Dips

Legs
Goblet Squats
Lunges

>Inb4 SS
>>
>>36768234
>Push: Curls
>Pull: Dips
>>
>>36768254
this what the fuck dog
>>
>>36768254
>>3676827
Gotta confuse the muscles. Every good lifter knows this.
>>
>>36768234
he should be doing lawnmowers daily you fucking pleb dyel shitface
>>
>>36768254
>>36768276
I fucking put them in the wrong place, sorry
>>
>>36768234
>needs more compounds
SL. After three months he will be stronger then most of the school and the profession will keep him happy.
>>
>>36768744
Progression**
>>
>14 year old brother
>brother
MODS
>>
>>36768744
Won't barbell exercises at that age cause spinal damage and shit?
>>
>>36768234
Let's be real, a 14 years old is still growing and needs to grow. What is the best that this world has to offer in terms of growing strength fast?

SS+GOMAD READ THE STICKY FAGGOT
>>
>>36768951
OYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>36768929
no, barbell exercises wont damage him or stunt growth.

put him on SL 5x5 with a few extra body building exercises thrown in at the end of each day.

do this and buy the app, it schedules and progresses your weight for you to take out the autism of strength training.

this will work well for his first 6months lifting career.
>>
>>36771035
>do this and buy the app
NO
DON'T
>>36768929
No. Source me if you can. It is momscience perpetuated ad nauseum because manlets put on muscle easy and look stocky so people think in reverse and say "wow this short dude is jacked, I bet he trained since he was a kid and that's what caused him to stay short"
Prove me wrong
>>36768234
>Inb4 SS
Why?
If you think he will outgrow you because you did a roidsplit, you deserve it
If you think he will look like a Trex (which he absolutely won't), have him do 3x3 or 2x5 squats "only"
If you think PCs are dangerous and or hard to learn, have him do 75% DLs
Don't neglect chinups
So again I ask you, why?
>>
SS
>>
>>36768234
SS + GOMAD
4 scoops of weight gainer 2-3 times a day every day
>>
File: 1452330328896.png (12 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1452330328896.png
12 KB, 645x773
>>36768234
>putting your newb brother on a split

why do you want to be a gainz goblin so bad? build that motherfuckers strength up.

then he can do all the splits he wants when he can lift non-baby weights

>wanting his brother to spin his wheels for years

that's wrong, bro
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.