[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've already made some noob gains running PPL for a few
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Capture.png (396 KB, 918x806) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
396 KB, 918x806
I've already made some noob gains running PPL for a few months but I'm not developing as I would like to and I think that I've also hit a plateau. My legs have always been weak, should I be switching to starting strength based on these stats:

Bench 1RM: 140
Squat 1RM: 105 (straight garbage, I know)
Deadlift 1RM: 185
Press: don't do it but I intend to follow starting strength strictly so I will be doing this as well of course.

Here's my symmetrical strength chart btw.

I weigh about 140-145 pounds.

I'm pathetic and I want to ascend my weak ass.
>>
>>36767011
It looks like you need to stick to whatever routine you pick for like a year
>>
>>36767032
It's coming up on a year and I'm not satisfied with the weight that I'm lifting. I also think I've hit a plateau as I haven't been seeing gains in muscle or strength.
>>
That's because PPLs aren't for beginners.

Do SS.
>>
>>36767086
Yep, I wish I had went into it knowing this but have I wasted my noob gains? Will I still be able to make the +5lb per week progress according to the program?
>>
>>36767011

Do SS for daily increases. You strength should increase every workout.

Then do Candito linear. You strength will now increase weekly. Then it becomes harder to increase. You will now increase every two weeks. You can keep doing Candito linear or swtich to Texas for some weekly ains.

This highly depends on how long your linear progressions lasts. Some make it well past 1/2/3/4 while some struggle with 225 squat.

You are a skellington, so increase your weight by 25-50 lbs depending on how tall you are and how willin you are to ain some fat and strength. Hope this helps
>>
>>36767110
thanks bud. any recommended goat meals? i've bought a shit ton of oatmeal but i know that i need some more stuff.
>>
>>36767105

No you have not.

Newb gains take a year of solid lifting and nutrition to truly expire. Even if you fuck around for 3 years on some machine-focused bro-split, you can still make that ~year of newb gains if you straighten your shit out.
>>
>>36767132
My Standard breakfast is this:

4oz Oats
400ml Full Milk
2 Scoop Whey

Blend.

About 1000 calories. Good balance of protein, carbs, and fat.
>>
File: 62151521-4103326.jpg (128 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
62151521-4103326.jpg
128 KB, 960x540
>>36767132

Oats. You can add a spoonfull of protons for some extra taste.
You can prep some sweet potatoes. They can last 3-4 days in the fridge.
You better start eating pic related if you want to make Nordic Gains. Healthy, full of fibers and keeps you full for longer than you think.
>>
thats pretty slow OP

2 months in:

Deadlift - 265 lb
Squat - 198 lb
Bench - 155 lb

I'm 143 lb and 5'8
>>
Nigga you need to fucking eat.
>>
>>36767396
how?
>>
>>36768031
I go 5 times a week and eat pretty well...helps that I take classes right next to the gym
>>
File: mi.png (50 KB, 1049x943) Image search: [Google]
mi.png
50 KB, 1049x943
>>36767011
>Have olympic lifting total 5 kilos above the national champ winner last year for my age group+weight class
>Proficient
>>
>>36768574
Bet you live in France
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.