[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Martial Arts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: martial-arts-21.jpg (70 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
martial-arts-21.jpg
70 KB, 640x480
Which martial art should I choose?
What are the pros and cons of each one?

Anyone doing any of them and could recommend a good one?
>>
>>36766046
Just classic Boxing.
>>
>>36766076
kickboxig is more kewl, my friends older brother put me in headlocks with his legs when we were kids...we were standing
>>
>>36766107
good luck not breaking your ankles
>>
Bump

What martial art goes best with lifting?
>>
>>36766046
bjj+boxing
>>
>>36766046
boxing/kickboxing are generally goat because they're practical and a good training for real fights

karate is absolute shit tier. you can get a fucking black belt without getting hit in the face once.

not sure about grappling shit like judo but I do you really want to train that? having some guy shove his balls into your face? nvm I forgot where I was posting.
>>
traing boxing or kick boxing.
if you wanna be a true mother fucking gee that chokes people out like its nothing then train BJJ its what i do.
>>
>>36767140
what would you do if I cover myself in shit and come at you, brah?
go ahead, hug me, choke me, it doesn't matter. you already got shit on.
>>
>>36766046
How old are u?
>>
>>36767292
>>
File: 1405644667667.jpg (618 KB, 1632x1424) Image search: [Google]
1405644667667.jpg
618 KB, 1632x1424
Here ya go
>>
File: martial arts flowchart.jpg (318 KB, 1632x1375) Image search: [Google]
martial arts flowchart.jpg
318 KB, 1632x1375
>>36766046
Because /asp/ is now /wwe/, I'll repeat the old-/asp/ mantra:

muay thai/boxing/kyokushin + bjj/judo/wrestling

You need to learn to strike and grapple if you want to fight properly, so pick one from each part of that (e.g. muay thai and judo) and go from there.

Any of those 6 are great though. Pic related
>>
>>36767104
Well the best karate imo is Kyokushin Karate, its basically bare knuckled all out fighting, just no punches to the face( for obvious reasons)

Those who are talking about boxing being practical for real life don't realize how meme-tier that sounds, sure you will have a nice explosive punch, but since you've always done it with gloves, have fun with broken fists with your first punch.

Which one will fare better, the one who trains punching bareknuckled, full force on another person's body, (which also gets toughened up from all the blows) or the one who hops around like a bunny with his nice protective wrist straps and gloves on?

The only problem is that you have to first find an actual karate gym and not an sjw mcdojo.
>>
>>36766046
Jiu Jitsu for choking, submitting, wrestling, stand up grappling

Kickboxing for distance and striking and learning what its like to get punched in the face for real

If you're not looking to get hurt (that badly) then go with Jiu Jitsu
>>
Savate is cool but it's rare. It's kind of like kick boxing but you wear shoes which allows you to kick real hard. In a real life situation you don't take of your shoes before the fight start so being used to fight against someone who wear shoes is good
>>
Boxing
Olympic/college/highschool wrestling.

Even being okay in both of those will put you above every other person on the street.
>>
>>36766046
Actuall Ju-Jutsu is great. You learn everything self defence based. I mean clearly choosing a self defense system is the way to go if you want to do selfdefense.
If you want to do something else, go for something else.
First look what is around you, than look into them.
do they have a weapon system?
do they have competitions?
how good is the club?
a excellent club in a style that seems to be inferior might be better, due to a better training environment.
Ofcourse you have to studie this art for years, most people start to find the social point as more important than the actuall art form
>>
If it's for self defense don't choose BJJ that's for sure.
Story Time: (I've told this before but it's relevant and I'm trying to save lives) my friend started taking BJJ classes and losing weight. thought he was the shit.
>be friend in bad part of neighborhood
>getting gas at shitty gas station
>cholo talks shit and tries to mug me
>double leg takedown on the cholo
>hitting him in between trying to transition to set up some epic submission
>cholo "punching me in the sides and back the entire time
>my buddy comes to back me up and the cholo scrambles to get up and runs away
>feel shirt is soaking wet, take it off and throw it on the ground
>sounds like a wet towel, realise it's covered in blood

cholo wasn't punching my friend, he was Fucking stabbing him.
buddy ended up 30k in debt from hospital bills.

don't try ground game in self defense.
learn boxing so you can throw and take a punch.
learn Greco-Roman wrestling so if they take you down you can work your way back to your feet.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.