[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people even skateboard anymore? I have nothing interesting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9
File: 1459640783981.jpg (836 KB, 1697x1200) Image search: [Google]
1459640783981.jpg
836 KB, 1697x1200
Do people even skateboard anymore? I have nothing interesting in my life and no hobbies, so I was looking for something to spend my time on. Skateboarding seems kinda dumb, though.
>>
>>36763980
Me and my friends still do occasionally. The scene now sucks, as the kids are shitheads, but it's still fun. We're in our mid-twenties, so we mostly stick to the minipipe and occasional game of SKATE.

I don't know. You do you, anon.
>>
>don't want to risk brain damage by not wearing helmet
>helmet makes you look extremely retarded
i'll start again when they perfect those helmets that come out like an airbag
>>
>>36764036
>Me and my friends still do occasionally. The scene now sucks, as the kids are shitheads, but it's still fun. We're in our mid-twenties, so we mostly stick to the minipipe and occasional game of SKATE.

This, most of the kids now think they're Nyjah Hudson and unless you're cracking hardflips off of 10 stairs, "you suck", despite just rolling around and having fun fucking up the local curb.
>>
People skateboard who aren't 13?
>>
I skate Nashville. The scene is pretty dead here. Skateboarding is becoming uncool again.

You won't stick with it. The skill gap is ridiculously high nowadays, and I can tell that you don't have the drive to get halfway decent at it.
>>
>>36764286

Kids don't skate anymore faggot. It's just a bunch of guys in their 20s and 30s.
>>
The only people I see on skateboards anymore here in South Florida are black guys. Used to be tons of white teens on them but they seems to have moved on. Though the boards the black kids are using don't look like the ones I grew up with in the nineties, they're fatter in the middle and pointy on the ends kind of like a surfboard on wheels.
>>
I only tried skateboarding once, but it wasn't something I kept at. My friend though is an avid skater. He's been sponsored, but only by a small time company. He's completely normie, goes to raves and music festivals, gets tons of chicks.

Maybe it's because he spends less time on the computer and more time outside socializing.

I wish I never discovered the internet.
>>
What about longboarding? Im gonna get one before summer
>>
>>36764437
>Skateboarding is becoming uncool again.
Thank fucking god. There were too many people into it, so the huge amount of people that literally couldn't ollie made anyone that could pull a kickflip develop a god complex.

Me and my buddies were coming home from the bars one night and some high schoolers were skating in the parking lot of his apartment complex. He asked them to try not to whack his car, as it was near the landing of the set (case for some weirdos). Kid told him to fuck off. Other friend that used to rip pulled out $100 and bet it against the best kid's deck. He whooped his ass wearing a pair of topsiders. The shit couldn't even do any nollie tricks. We walked off with the deck and then threw it backwards after we got about 50 yards away. Told the kid to stop being a shithead to people.

I did something similar walking down our local main street after work in a suit. Won $50. Skating used to be about having fun, not proving you were the end all be all.
>>
File: petrucci-john-525ef62e808a2.jpg (179 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
petrucci-john-525ef62e808a2.jpg
179 KB, 1000x1000
>2016
>not practising the supreme hobby nor getting finger gainz
>mfw
>>
starting it when you are already 20+ is nearly hopeless... but if you have a lot of time and i mean A LOT then its worth it
>>
>>36763980
It's weird to me how many women I see on campus long-boarding.
>>
I used to skate when I was 12-15. I used to be pretty good on flat ground actually, could land tre-flips, hardflips, etc.

That was it though, I had a psychological fear of steps/gaps that prevented me from ever doing anything bigger than a 3-step. I could never even do a 50-50 or any grinds either. Pretty much the only other thing I could do was ride a mini-ramp or bowl (not well either).

Typical white teenage lower/middle-class kids skated, a lot of people liked pretending they were tough. Most people started using drugs or grew up and did adult stuff, then stopped skating, but there's still some people in there 20s skating. It takes quite a lot of skill and it's not easy at all. You're either born with the capability to be good or not, practice can only take you so far.

Most kids around here now seem to like scooters and be much softer in general.
>>
>>36764710

kek I remember Petrucci joking about taking finger steroids on some dream theater DVD
>>
>>36763980
I have a rip stik does that count
>>
When you suck at skateboarding, just learn easy tricks that normies think look cool. An example would be a fakie big spin. "Wow you're so good!" Skaters will know you're not shit though.
>>
Me and my mates got into longboarding, there's a few good hills here so we can get some decent speed and also do some fun slides. We're not very good, but we have fun and are good enough to be safe doing so.

I tried skateboarding before, but a little low motivation and being a little pussy resulted in no gains. I could do a respectable ollie though, but nothing else.
>>
I started skating when I was 13 and I still do it now on occasion.

I just dick about doing flatground and small ledge tricks nowadays because fuck throwing myself down big sets of stairs like I used to.

Funny thing happened, I had a break from skating for like 2 years, during which I started liftng, and when I got back on my board my leg power meant I could ollie higher than I ever was able in the past, and could bust out triple kickflips on flatground, something I never managed in the time I skated every day for years.
>>
>>36767890
>Dont have the skills to skateboard?
>LONGBOARD!
>>
File: 1460058468360.jpg (36 KB, 405x431) Image search: [Google]
1460058468360.jpg
36 KB, 405x431
>>36763980
>tfw I do all sorts of nerd shit but tell normies all the normie shit
>"Haha anon do you do anything other than lift, hike and bike? How about something indoors?"
>mfw
>>
File: 1460335801799.jpg (33 KB, 506x283) Image search: [Google]
1460335801799.jpg
33 KB, 506x283
>>36768070
Same here bro

>Have to hide my power level

>Gets harder the more people know me

>Have to Make sure my car mp3 player is not in my kpop/jpop folder before anyone rides with me
>>
>>36768062
For some people, yeah. But the best skater I know got into longboarding. He's a monster that has gone about 45mph on his board. Shit's crazy.
>>
>>36768070
>>36768146
>studying
>girl comes up to me "what are you doing? studying?"
>"yes"
>"You're so nerdy."
>"Well I didn't spend time during the semester to fuck up the final."
>"Don't you do anything exciting?"
>"I masturbate."

did I do good, anons?
>>
>>36768687
Did you fuck? If yes good job if no try again

>Also talking to girls

Fucking normie
>>
>>36768707
fuck no, I'm studying for exams. Also she came up to me.
>>
File: 1460049066638.jpg (20 KB, 704x400) Image search: [Google]
1460049066638.jpg
20 KB, 704x400
>>36768725
>Came up to me

Chad plz go

Do you even have a waifu?
>>
>>36767584
>joking
>>
>>36763980
if you have the cash and access, skiing is great for your lower body, really hard to hurt yourself doing, and maybe one of the best adrenaline rushes you can get
>>
>>36763980
Yes, it's pretty big these days. SLS Street League is entertaining af all day errday...

Luan is soo technical
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf0DKFvVqX0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qDyYwh6MHE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93i9DwMrRQA

Nyjah is rail king
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM1qPdzVrE4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SweF_nDX_Wk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Ha_9oaPvU

Nike has the two biggest names in skateboarding right now and keeps building their squad, SB gear is everywhere, kids skating practical shit(anything on the street) instead of niche objects(empty pools).
>>
>>36764710
Dream theater is the Fedora of metal.
>>
File: P100062.jpg (12 KB, 320x248) Image search: [Google]
P100062.jpg
12 KB, 320x248
>>36764710
>tfw you fear that someday you'll play so fast that it'll all just sound like it's one note
>>
>>36763980
I skate to get around campus. It's super convenient and it's nice to get a little cardio in every time I go out. I've never attempted to do a trick, but just going around is pretty fun, especially on a campus as hilly as mine.
>>
>>36769145
Shawn Lane could almost do it.
Look up a live performance of Not Again
>>
Yacine I know you're in this thread
>>
>>36763980
I know this 40 year old skater who would bitchslap that fagget face of yours for that OP
>>
>>36763980

A few of my skiing buddies skateboard and absolutely love it. They like the idea of being able to try a trick over and over again quickly. Unlike skiing where you have to wait a few minutes to hit that same jump or hike up a rail to try it again.
>>
>>36769786
lol I never though about this
>>
>>36763980
Pretty sure you cant skate anywhere these days except skate parks.
>>
>>36764463
kids play call of duty these days and too fat to skate.
>>
>>36767584
He actually uses a cup of chemicals that he absorbs through his hands
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5FoR1llScc
@2:30
>>
>>36763980
Checkout out /asp/
they have a skate thread on there constantly
>>
>>36768070
I don't hide who I am when asked. Fuck normies if they can't deal with it.

>works out just to pull off better cosplay
>working on costume and make-up in my spare time
>also likes strategy games
>>
File: skate rock.jpg (89 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
skate rock.jpg
89 KB, 500x500
>>36763980
skating is great when you're like 13-18 because you get this awesome rush from exploring a city, destroying or creating things, defying authority and being independent. once you get a bit older that sort of thing isn't so interesting anymore and you're left with skateboarding without the soul - just skating around doing the same tricks you've done for the last 2 years and you're too scared to try something new because the threat of hurting yourself carries a lot more consequences than just a couple of weeks off school.

source - skated all through high school and still skate occasionally now and then
>>
who /BMX/ here?
>>
>>36770170
Are you a qt girl?
>>
>>36770170
100% this.
The reason I work out is for cosplay and larp.
Being able to run fast and out lift everyone feels great.
>>
File: fellowkids.jpg (70 KB, 960x547) Image search: [Google]
fellowkids.jpg
70 KB, 960x547
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CS_H3EzBL8
>>
>>36764710
>2016
>wanting to play an irrelevant instrument that only impresses greasy losers with pony tails
>>
>>36771207
>being so bad at guitar that you can't get laid with it
Try piano breh
>>
>>36768070
>>36770170
>>36771058

Jesus Christ, I wish I could actually know guys like you. Currently cutting for a Casey Jones cosplay for an upcoming con. Got the hockey stick, now I just gotta make the mask.
>>
>>36763980
>I have nothing interesting in my life and no hobbies, so I was looking for something to spend my time on

Lol.

Try reading. Or networking/socializing.

Skateboarding will NOT benefit you long-term.

It will generalize you as an edgy faggot.
>>
>>36770272
Anon this was back in 2000's this is 2016 no one in highschool barely skates anymore all they do is sit their fat asses home and play call of duty.
Man i remember the good old days when kids used to be active
>>
>>36771315
I feel that.
Theres a big disconnect in the circles I hang out with. The workout get up early, lets go climbing group and the nerdy lets eat shit and play video game groups
>>
>>36770074
Any one advising people to check /asp/ for some reason clearly hasn't been there in several months
>>
>>36771410
I have not. Used to airsoft post there. It get shit or something?
>>
>>36769955

oh fug :D I haven't seen this in a long time, thanks.
>>
>>36771330
I already spend all my time reading. That is literally the only hobby I have.
>>
>>36768062
Yeah, it's easier, but it was mostly because it was mroe fun.

Speed is thrilling, I never got the hang of dem tricks you know
>>
>sport where 13 year olds compete with adults and win
Might as well be stacking cups.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.