[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much speed do you need to actually punch a hole into a suspended
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: feats5.jpg (19 KB, 384x282) Image search: [Google]
feats5.jpg
19 KB, 384x282
How much speed do you need to actually punch a hole into a suspended piece of paper with your fist? Is it even possible except in the movies?

Any physics guy here?
>>
The key variable is "paper". You can imagine anyone could punch a hole in an A1 sheet of construction paper, but an A4 sheet of office paper would be more difficult. Also "fist". If you just punched it it would be difficult, but if you pierced it with a single knuckle it would be easier to break it.
>>
OP think of Bruce Lee as like a miniature Connor McGregor. Looks fancy and has an agile appearance but he is practically defenseless against someone who is like 6'4 and weighs 240lbs. Did you see the video of Connor punching the Mountain? All the big guy had to do was grab hold of him and not let go. Those fancy wrist bends and pressure points aren't going to work against someone who is huge and doesn't let you bend their hand - it's like a puppy trying to bite you.
>>
>>36763955
Let's just go with A4 and a normal fist. No phoenix eye or nukite bullshit. How would you even calculate how much speed/force you'd need?

>>36764202
It's no problem to knock out a taller, heavier guy. Looks weird, thoug.
>>
>>36764202
nah
>>
>>36763955

>pierced it with a single knuckle

This here's the trick. Hit the paper in the right spot with the right part of your fist.
>>
>>36764233
That's all good and well, but I want some numbers. I mean, is it even possible?
>>
>>36764220
>>36764232

You guys are seriously retarded if you think an emaciated showman that's like 5'5 can beat up a decent man that is 6'4 240lbs

Sorry to burst your Hollywood bubble. Bruce Lee would get his neck snapped.
>>
>>36763901
It's not about speed, it's about technique. Ultimately maximizing the utilization every single piece of leverage in your body, by holding your legs, hips, core, chest, shoulders, elbow, wrist, fingers in the right position to use as many parts of your body as possible to deliver force to your fist, creating momentum with your entire body from the very very first twitch of movement and driving it through every single muscle on the way to your fist.

Then, when you punch, you don't aim for the paper itself, you aim for a point BEYOND the paper, the paper will simply get in the way of your target.
>>
>>36764267

you wanna go al physics on this?

considering the paper is suspended and you can hit it in many locations with different 'concentrations' (I'm no native english speaker but I hope you get what I mean) of force (try to pierce it with knuckles, or just use your whole fist) I doubt it's possible

technique my man
>>
No one cares you fucking faggot. We just want to know if it's possible to punch through a piece of paper hanging on one side
>>
>>36764323
This directed to
>>36764202
>>
>>36764309
>you wanna go al physics on this?
Yup.

Sadly, not only my Kung Fu, but also my Google Fu is shit tier, so I cannot even find tensile strength values for ordinary paper.
>>
>>36764268
>Neck snapped
Talking about holly wood delusions, its funny how easy people think this is.
>>
>>36764268
m8 pleaaese don't embarrass yourself anymore than you already have.
>>
>>36764337

Take your little man syndrome somewhere else, manlet. I'm not interested in hearing your aggressive projection of your insecurities.
>>
>>36764349

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu_IqPa1ONg
>>
>>36764338
Main problem would be the surface area of the punch and the low weight of the paper.
If it's only hanging by the top you'll need some huge speed. You just gimp yourself not hitting with the knuckle
>>
>>36764376
You comparing that gut to a trained fighter?
>>
>>36764376
That was a malnourished child nig nog

Try again
>>
>>36764338

did you get yourself into some weird physics assignment?

choose something else cause I doubt you could calculate this at all

if you're just looking to punch through a piece of paper all the advice has been posted already bropai
>>
>>36764483
>did you get yourself into some weird physics assignment?
No, just autistic.
>>
>>36764555

nice trips, and if you're autistic you're in the right place but if you want to calculate speed and force to pierce suspended paper you might have to look outside of /fit/

sorry amigo
>>
>>36764660
/sci/ doesn't care at all and nobody can tell me ;_;
>>
I learned two things:
1) A piece of DIN A4 paper is 5 grams
2) You need something called Berstwiderstand (burst resistance?) to calculate the needed force of piercing the paper.

I have no idea about the speed, though.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.