[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MMA fighter here. I need to cut muscle. Biceps are accidentally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_inline_nlwrrhZCFh1rcll4z.gif (941 KB, 245x180) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nlwrrhZCFh1rcll4z.gif
941 KB, 245x180
MMA fighter here. I need to cut muscle. Biceps are accidentally too large from old job bending pipe. Im a few lbs off of being able to make my lower weight class. Google has thus far been useless in providing a routine for intentional atrophy. So here we are. Help me obi/fit/ Kenobi you're my only hope.
>>
Font train Biceps
>>
>>36763736
Either don't train them at all
Or overtrain them and undereat, so they evaporate

How long you been an MMA fighter? One minute?
>>
Just cut water faggot. Jesus
>>
Just lie down and rot
>>
>>36763736
Dont go for lower weight class unless youre a super heavy or something
Your making yourself weaker and slower
>>
>>36763783
6 years. And I tried those but I'm shooting in the dark. Otherwise I wouldn't be asking for help. Looking for numbers. Protien/bodyweight/day? Rep/set/%max? Frequency? Was honestly hoping for a perodized system for muscular atrophy from someone with experience in this as opposed to walking blind.
>>
>>36763860
I already cut water to 155 looking to cut to 145. I can probably make 150 or 148 just need a little more to get into the bracket
>>
>>36763736
why do you want to lower you weight class? are you a pussy?

you should try to go in the superior weight class instead
>>
>>36763870
I'm just short for 155 and I have short arms on top of it. I've been fighting guys with like 6" of reach on me and they're a good 5 inches taller
>>
>>36763898
See post >>36763914
>>
>>36763897
How much time do you have ?
What's wrong with a regular cut ? if you don't work your biceps they'll eventually get smaller.
>>
>>36763878
Reps: 20+
Sets: 2+
%Max: 40-50

Protein/bodyweight/day/frequency: when are you looking to make the cut for?
>>
>>36763939
6months to a year. I'm competitive at my current class I just want to step my game up so it's not a huge rush. But I haven't done any actual bicep lifts or specific exercises in over a year and they haven't shrunk. Possibly from Bjj. Can't stop training so passive approach isn't going to work.
>>
>>36763969
<1year
>>
>>36763993
Just eat at a small deficit for 3 month and maintain afterwards then.I still don't understand the focus on biceps ,you're obviously not going to lose 10 lbs in your biceps only and it looks like a very complicated way for no real advantage
>>
T3 can eat muscle.
>>
>>36764056
Not looking to lose 10 lbs. Honestly if I really killed myself I could sweat the +17lbs to make 145 but I'd rather only sweat 15 lbs. Right now I cut right around 10 lbs at like 3%body fat to make 155 so if I could lower my lean mass by just a little it would be a comfortable cut.
>>
>>36764089
this
But i wouldn't recommend. Don't start cutting muscle on thyroxins
If you fuck up,you you get hyperthyroidism and you will have to take them for the rest of your life
>>
>>36764119
A cut is a cut ,you'll lose both fat and muscle. If you don't have enough energy to sustain your weight you'll lose some
>>
>>36764146
I was actually just getting ready to ask about that thanks lol. I'd prefer to go natural anyway, especially since the banned substances list is like 8 miles ling.
>>
>>36764152
Right but I'm trying to lower my over all baseline by removing some less than useful muscle from the equation. Just trying to be a little more efficient with my body
>>
Take amphetamines
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.