[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Training Length
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Everyone and every article says optimal for training are round 45 minutes and doing cardio on other days from weight training.

I however find myself comfortable doing 40 minute run, then weight training, than 20 min other cardio (rowing, bike) and then 30 minutes pool. So takes round 2.5 hours in total.

Am i faggot that does everything wrong and burns his own muscles? But short trainings are just not satisfying..
>>
>>36763692
>Everyone and every article says optimal for training are round 45 minutes
Who's this "everyone"? Where are these "articles"? cafemom.com doesn't count
A good training under 60' is difficult to be had
>40' run, then weight training
wrong, glycogen depletion and muscle exertion will lower your weight training performance. limit pre-workout cardio to 10' max
after workout you can have all the cardio you want - if you can happily get 30' cardio *after* workout you probably haven't had a challenging enough training session.
>>
>>36763876
>after workout you can have all the cardio you want
Yeah, and eat your own gains by consuming protein in the muscle tissues.
>>
>>36764035
This is so wrong on so many levels I have to surrender. You can't argue with autismal kids.
>>
>>36763692
> 40 + 20 + 30 = 2.5 hrs
Uh... I think you made up some time here... This is only 1.5 hrs
>>
>>36764076
You realize that during workout muscles burn the fat IN muscles - not in fat deposite areas?

Once its gone, it takes time for the whole process of transmitting fat from deposites to muscles to complete - and that time is in hours.

So after you burn the fat in muscles and blood stream, muscles start to burn the material that is available - themselves.

Understandable that /fit/ is a meme board, but least educate yourself a bit.
>>
>>36764093
do you think that he doesn't take any rests inbetween exercises?
>>
>>36764159
Actually thats not it. Missing one hour is exact the weight training. The summed are running, bike, pool.
>>
>>36764141
>can't read and has no elementary education about biology
>tells others to educate themselves
and that's why memeboards will always be memeboards
>>
>>36764199
>giving people wrong advice like you
thats whole /fit/ is around.

Like for example advicing them to lift with calories deficite.
>>
>>36764251
>deficite

I like it
>>
>>36763692
>40 minute run, then (unspecified time lifting) then 20 minutes more cardio, then 30 minutes of pool..which is cardio.

I'm sorry but if you are trying to make any amount of muscle gains (which I assume you are because this is /fit/) then you obviously are not training hard enough during your lifting sessions.

45-60 minutes will be enough if you are lifting heavy enough with short enough rest periods.

Same goes with your 40 minute run. How slow are you running? Are you running slowly purely for calorie burn, or are you actually trying to achieve cardio gains? If so, after a 40 minute run you should NOT be able to lift heavy weights straight after it. Let alone following that with even more cardio.

Yes, there are some elite athletes in specific sports who would train this way... but I'm going to assume you are not one of them since you are asking the question... So the bottom line is most likely that you aren't trying hard enough.
>>
>>36763692
Yeah it takes me hours lel. Don't know why, I don't even take long breaks between sets. It's

>5 min stationary bike
>compounds (1-2 hours)
>2-3 other exercises (1 hour)
>abs/calves/foam rolling (half an hour)
>cardio if I want (20 min - 1 hour)

Is it really that bad spending a lot of time in the gym if I enjoy it and I have the time?
>>
>>36764251
>having no reading comprehension
>jump in with pointless arguing
>have no knowledge of biology that ain't memes
yes, that's /fit/ it seems.
>>
>>36764365
>i don't even take long breaks between sets
>compounds (1-2 hours)
>2-3 other exercises (1 hour)
>abs/calves/foam rolling (half an hour)

Do you time yourself between sets or do you just sit there and guess? Because I have a funny feeling that you DO infact take long breaks between sets.
>>
>>36764402
Time myself, two minutes on compounds, one minute on the others
>>
>>36765051
How does it take you 1 hour for 2-3 "other exercises" if you only take 1 minute rests? Genuinely confused.
>>
>>36765084
no fucking clue, maybe because I frequently go to piss or fill my water
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.