[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of you actually had success aesthetics-wise with a PPL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 497x486) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 497x486
Have any of you actually had success aesthetics-wise with a PPL routine or is it just a Reddit meme? Pic unrelated
>>
>>36762547
I didnt like bench and OHP being on the same day (even if doing the second at 80%). I progressed wayyy faster doing an upper / lower split. Like:

UA
LA
x
UB
LB
x
x
>>
Very much this.

I don't understand the ppl (@ 1x p/w it has same volume as brosplit, @ 2x p/w it's to much)

Full body trainings are inconsistent in hitting muscle groups because a training is too long if you want to hit everything at same intensity every training.

uppler/lower 2x p/w is goat because it's the optimal frequency and you can keep the volume low and intensity high.
>>
>>36762568
Ok cheers anon. I am doing the PHUL program and enjoying it but was curious about if PPL actually works or not.

How do you brahs set your Upper/Lowers up?
>>
Here's what I do (I'm probably bigger/stronger than 75% of 4chan)

A lot of emphasis on deadlifts

PPL repeat with no rest

Push:
(Optional flat bench 3x8-12, reduce incline to 3 sets only)
Incline bench 5x8-12
OHP 3x8-12
Incline chest flies 3x10-12
barbell pullover (emphasize chest) 3x10-12
hammer strength chest fly machine 3x10-12+ (really focus on contraction)
dumbbell lateral raises 3x10-12
triceps pushdowns on the lat raise machine 3x10-12+ get pump

Pull:

Deadlift 3x5
heavy dumbbell/kroc rows 3x5
chinups 3xF
Lat pulldowns 1-3x10-12+ (just finish what you started with the chins)
facepulls 3x12+ emphasize form over weight here, strengthen the rear delt
Reverse barbell curls 3x10-12 (helps avoid forearm splints)
Alternating dumbbell biceps curls 3x10-12 (Supination is essential)
hammer strength curl machine 3x10-12 (focus on contraction and pump)
Seated cable rows or bent over rows are a good addition, 3x10-12

Legs:

Back squat 3x5 (last set go amrap)
RDL 3x5 (Go heavy with good form, really push those knees back)
Leg press 4x10-12+
Hamstring curl machine (I like seated best) 3x10-12
STANDING calf raise machine (dont bounce out of bottom, slow dorsiflexion and plantarflexion) 5x10-12
>>
>>36765611

>deadlifts on pull day

Why do people do this? It's literally a lower body exercise.
>>
>>36765629
Try it out brother
>>
>>36765629
so you're not deadlifting the same day as squats?
>>
>>36765734

I've done it before it fucks your squats the next day.

>>36765743

That's literally not a problem if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>36765766
It's probable that deads lower the total weight I could move the next day by say 5%, but that issue won't be solved by deadlifting on leg day. If you wanted to, you could deadlift on push day, but then the previous leg day affects your squat. etc etc

I've never had recovery issues however. Try it out for a few weeks (allow yourself to adjust to the change in volume) and see for yourself.
>>
>>36765766
you don't do them the day before squats, you do Legs-Push-Pull-rest. If you do 2x pull per week you just row/clean the day that's not followed by rest
>>
I started as a skelly and did PPL for a few years
40 pounds later, I look much better

However, I emphasized squats a lot more than anything else, so my legs are joocy while my chest is pretty shit
>>
>>36765629
You're right, why would I do a pulling exercise on a pull day?
Ignore the fact that it hits lower back, lats, traps, and forearms (you know, the muscles you target on a pull day)
>>
File: fitcbt.jpg (248 KB, 1181x1042) Image search: [Google]
fitcbt.jpg
248 KB, 1181x1042
done PPL split. went from <120lb to 145lb 5ft8
>>
>>36766072
timeframe?
>>
>>36765611
Post a pic of yourself. That volume is retarded
>>
>>36765611
I do something similar but id recommend switching Pull and Push day. Need a day in between DL and squatting.
>>
>>36766064

Those are literally all muscles just used for stabilization. The movers are hamstrings, glutes, quads, and hips. IE leg/lower body muscles.
>>
>>36765766
legs(heavy legs)-push(heavy)-pull

legs-push-pull(heavy dl)-rest- repeat

that's how i did it last summer when i was able to lift 6x a week
>>
>>36766164
post a pic of yourself first brah
>>36766171
Whatever works for you. PPL is very flexible that way
>>
>>36766148
those photos were taken on the same day. It took about 6 months of bulking to go from skelly to that pic. still bulking now, but lowering calories cos summer
>>
File: 20160409_144415.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160409_144415.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
4 months of a PPL routine definitely seeing noob gains. I was fairly athletic before i started lidting though. Still bulking though 6' 210lbs
>>
>>36766437
you should cut
>>
File: 1415572163439.jpg (46 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1415572163439.jpg
46 KB, 645x773
I knew a guy who was on some crazy ass PPL routine that he got from "a friend who read a lot of bodybuilding.com posts"

The guy claimed to have been lifting for over a year and he still had sub-1pl8 bench. He also wore stringers and took gym selfies all the time despite being small.

I just do memelifts
>>
Yes. PPL 6x/week. My friend and I always lifted the same amount , sane age, similar height and weight.

He did SL then upper -lower. He looks nor great compared to me. Not saying I am zyzzz but eh.

I love PPL. Works things just on the line of always growing but not over taxing your muscles.

Ideal:

(Month 1-3)SS or SL if complete noob 3-4x/ween
(3 months - multiple years) PPL 5-7x/week
(Pro mode) single body part 7-12x/week
>>
People need to fucking understand that "PPL" says exactly NOTHING about how you actually train. Neither does "Upper/lower" or "fullbody". They're all flexible ways to set up your training and can be put together in literally endless different ways and tailored to suit pretty much any goal.
>>
The only reason PPL (0-1 rest days) works is because of the high frequency. Any program with similar frequency will give great gains.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.