[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the worst excuses for not getting in shape, /fit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 14
File: dooog.jpg (42 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
dooog.jpg
42 KB, 960x720
What are the worst excuses for not getting in shape, /fit/?

My personal favorite is from my mom.
>"It's dangerous to jog when it's too cold/too wet/bad weather in general!"
>>
Any excuse is the worst excuse

>mfw bf says that his body wants to be beefy and bulky

Man I just, how did I send up with a guy that blames him being fat and not able to lose weight as >muh genetics
>>
"I can't afford a gym membership/I don't live near a gym"

If you just want to lose weight, you can do that at home with ease. Half of it is diet anyway.
>>
I don't know I don't communicate with normal people
>>
>>36762053
>Jogging in adverse weather conditions

You're asking for trouble 2bh family
>>
>>36762065
because you have low standards, time to start looking for another guy
>>
>>36762174
A little summer rain ain't never hurt nobody
>>
>>36762065
If you deserved more you wouldn't be with him, so get off your horse, faggot.
>>
>>36762189
Like me. Unless you're a poof. You're not a poof, are you?
>>
>>36762053
>My wife/gf/roomate/parents(if over 18) made me fat by buying shit food.
>>
>>36762204
Is that old-timey slang for raging homosexual?
>>
>>36762201
>>36762189

I'm with him because I love him but I didn't realize until we got into a relationship how stupid he is on certain topics like weight loss. He doesn't believe in calories. Thinks it's made up LOL

I'm fine being in a relationship with him for now but as for a long term commitment? Abandon ship
>>
File: tumblr_mqmi9bdINs1qcormho1_400.jpg (20 KB, 300x353) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqmi9bdINs1qcormho1_400.jpg
20 KB, 300x353
>>36762201
>mfw when fag means "subject" in Norwegian, as in, a school subject
>mfw I can't write Norwegian essays without cracking up
>mfw
>>
I CAN'T FIND FITNESS CLOTHES ON MY SIZE SO I CAN'T WORKOUT TEEHE XD
>>
>>36762226
So he feeds your insecuries.

That's a classic one, literally expected.
>>
File: excuse me.png (118 KB, 289x230) Image search: [Google]
excuse me.png
118 KB, 289x230
>>36762226
>doesn't believe in calories
>>
>>36762220
Yes
>>
>>36762215
my parents did make me fat. When you're overweight at 5 years old and obese at 10 like I was it is completely reasonable to blame your parents for that. However, when you get to your late teens that excuse no longer applies, then you are responsible for your own actions
>>
File: bernie.png (16 KB, 550x375) Image search: [Google]
bernie.png
16 KB, 550x375
>>36762226
>He doesn't believe in calories
>I love him
get out cuck
>>
>I don't have time

How do you not have time, I remember my second month of the gym I was working 10 hours a day, moving, cooking my 3 meals a day and I was 18 and overweight. Was just me and my dad moving and packing everything it took a few months and when we were finished it would be 10pm at night and I'd say I'm going to the gym, he just couldn't believe it he called me a possessed man, I hated it and those few months were insanely hard, if I had said to myself "you know what I don't have time this month I'll resume next month" who knows where I would be current day which is 2 years later, my life is fantastic and when I look at myself naked I can almost cry tears of joy because I've come so far and acomplished so much out of pure discipline, very long and blogpost style but I'm so tired of people saying they don't have time, trust me you have fucking time
>>
>>36762244
This can spark a nasty spiral into obesity. If you are fat your entire life and your home makes it difficult to change without making a hard effort, it's much easier to just accept your fat ass and begin with that nonsense "I LOVE MY BODY, MY BODY IS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE, DON'T TELL ME ANYTHING ELSE" way of life.

However, the facts are, any human body has the potential to be as thin and muscular as you want. You just gotta work for it, regardless of what home you come from.
>>
Getting fit isn't going to make me happy
>>
When my mother asked me to help her lose weight and I began discussing diet with her she said

>I know what my problem is. I'm fat because I don't eat

She tried explaining it to me but it was just like.....I tuned her out. Too much ignorance
>>
>>36762244
That's why I said (If over 18) because seen few anons that living with parents to save money for uni/college expenses and make that excuse.
>>
>>36762275
>I know what my problem is. I'm fat because I don't eat
Wew lad surprised you didn't burst out laughing. I would've counted her calories for her in a day without her knowing just because i'm autismo that likes to be right.
>>
>>36762275
Same. My mother told me that she's so fat because she doesn't eat enough, so her body saves everything she eats in her fat rolls in case she starves.

I just... I love my mother, man, but I can't listen to that. She can just be fat as much as she likes. At least she's not disgusting.
>>
>>36762264
yeah, I lost the weight because I gave a fuck but my two younger brothers are both still obese. My parents did this to all three of us and without the burning desire to change it like I had, they are probably going to be obese for the rest of their lives.

It's sad, they've seen how much better I look and feel, they've seen that once I lost all the weight I have a handsome face which they would have too, and yet they do nothing about it.

>>36762276
my bad, I got hardly any sleep last night and somehow missed the over 18 bit. Being fat growing up does make you have a really unhealthy relationship with food making it much more difficult to lose weight. What should have taken me a year or two to lose (100 pounds overweight) ended up taking me close to 4 because I kept struggling with binge eating every time I felt down.
>>
>>36762283
>>36762275
>Tfw my dad is obese
>Knows he eats too much
>Doesn't care because he "loves" food even though telling him he can literally lose weight eating the shit he eats just less of it.
Worst feel man I don't want him dead by 60 but just not getting through to him. Have you guys had any success?
>>
>>36762292
No problem man I was a fat kid myself I know what you mean it does fuck you up (used to reward myself after week of light cutting with almost 5k calories worth of takeaway or buffets) still not an excuse though especially with how easy it is to find the info.
>>
>>36762294
No. She's seen the weight drop off of me. My mother used to be skinny when she was younger but she got older , had kids, got less active, got depressed and put on like +200lbs. She says she wants to lose weight but never truly makes and effort so like I just no longer attempt to help her. She knows what she needs to do but just refuses to.

>mom too lazy to do cardio
>"it's too hottt ANON"
>mom too lazy to count calories
>"it's so hard"
>>
>>36762294
After my mom started having hip and back issues as a result of her fat she signed up for this "physical therapy" thing. It's basically a noob gym. She hasn't lost any weight yet, but she's moving around easier now because she's building muscle where she needs it.

You can try to play the "I'm worried for you" card. Say you want him to make it your wedding, or you want him to see his grandkids. If you can get him to get a doctor's opinion it might become a wake-up call. I've seen older people turn their life around after hearing they might not make it to 60.

It's a fucking guilt trip, I know, but in the long run it's worth it.
>>
>>36762199
I saw a guy reach all the way up to a stoplight when a car skid off the road due to slick roads and hit him on the sidewalk. I didn't followup in the news so I don't know his condition. I always thought you flew forward till that day
>>
>>36762327
woha nelly
>tfw when you're just trying to jog and a car goes off the road to smash you
>>
>>36762309
that's exactly what I would do too. I'd plan a cheat day that would have me eating around maintenance but by the evening I'd say fuck it and just eat another 2000 over.

Once I got that under control the weight just fell off but I still have to fight to not do that now.
>>
>>36762339
I nearly got hit by some faggot a few weeks back when I was running. There was a bus stopped at a crossing and no traffic coming from the other direction so I carried on over the road, some complete fuckwit decided to overtake the bus and I found myself in the middle of the road with a car steaming towards me at 35-40 mph. Massive adrenaline boost and I dived out the road just in time. I ran the next mile faster than I've ever run before.
>>
>>36762340
Was never obese, just chubby and overweight and man this is my current issue after 5 months of cutting and down 25 lbs I'm just...my motivation is wearing thin. Luckly but unfortunately I have maintained the same weight for about month. Can't seem to lose these last ten lbs or so
>>
>>36762320
I might play the i'm worried for you card haven't done that yet, doctors keep telling him he's too fat and that's why he's having trouble with knees and other shit.
Even offered for him to join me at the gym we went like 2-3 times (he also used that as excuse to pig out) and then never went out again.

Honestly other than his shit tier relationship with food my dad is solid (Worked 2-3 jobs to support me and bros growing up and getting through medschool) which is why it's so fucking infuriating
>>
>>36762361
been in that box recently. Might not be for your but I said fuck it, bit the bullet and found a source for Ephedrine. The EC stack has really helped me break through that and lose the last of the weight.
>>
>>36762339
>>36762355

Not living in a city with bike/walk/run trails
>>
The worst, absolute worst, excuse is "But I'm not fat!"

Usually said by skellies who can't lift the remote with one hand and stuff themselves with cheetos and mountain dew every second. Skinny people can be unhealthy fucks too.

Fast metabolism is no excuse for a sugar-only diet.
>>
>>36762372
Hmm...redpill me on that. Dont know much sbout it other than the few things ive skimmed about on here

Honestly , may look into it.
>>
>>36762355
Almost the exact same thing happened to me. There was a garbage truck on the side of the road emptying some trash cans, and two cars behind it. The two other cars obviously couldn't see the road past this fuckhuge truck, but the one at the end decided he would do it anyway.
Sped past the one car and the garbage truck and almost right into me. At an intersection.
Didn't stop running until I was home.
>>
>>36762374
>mfw I knew a girl in HS about 5 foot 100 lbs who ran a 25 min mile lol
>>
File: ecstack.png (321 KB, 924x856) Image search: [Google]
ecstack.png
321 KB, 924x856
>>36762379
really effective appetite suppression, I can eat 1000kcal a day and not even be thinking about food. I take one dose when I wake up, that hold me until about 1 when I eat my first meal and take the second dose right after. At first I would get a tiny bit anxious but I got used to that pretty quickly and I've had no noticable sides. It's illegal in the EU but I got mine from here.

http://www.shopslim.co.uk/shop/?5,generic-labs-ephedrine-tablets-100-x-30mg
>>
File: cheesewheezy.png (272 KB, 483x388) Image search: [Google]
cheesewheezy.png
272 KB, 483x388
>I'm not eating anything bad
>pic related is their entire diet
>>
>>36762409
Live in the U.S so seems like they'll have it. So I guess I'll look I to it tomorrow. Thanks
>>
>>36762441
you can get it at any pharmacy, you just have to sign a form that says you arent gonna cook meth with it

its behind the counter so just ask the clerk for it
>>
>>36762503
Ok cool. Well hopefully the pharmacy at albertsons carries them. Hope they're reasonably priced
>>
>>36762441
>>36762409
>saw this pic years ago
>made me feel like shit doing everything
>still addicted to it after

just cut regularly without this shit. it won't do you any good if you're not on gear. srs
>>
>>36762548
you're a faggot. It's easy to get off of, I have had almost no sides and it help me finally get down to 10% after trying and failing for months.
>>
File: 1415150952002.png (59 KB, 624x434) Image search: [Google]
1415150952002.png
59 KB, 624x434
>Sister has gained 5 stone (70lbs) in 2 and a half years since starting University
>Gone from 9 stone (125lbs) to 14 stone (196lbs)
>Blames everything but herself
>Typical fat logic, stuff like 'but my friends don't gain weight, everything I eat goes straight to my hips' etc etc
>Whenever she comes home from University she orders Chinese food at least once every 2 days
>Gets several people worth of portions
>One day I saw her get through en entire bag of prawn crackers, 2 containers of egg fried rice, 1 container sweet and sour pork and 1 container of Seaweed
>Her orders vary but she always, always gets seaweed without fail
>Try to confront her one day when she is whining about her weight gain
>Tell her 'I have seen you eat all this Chinese food, enough for a family by yourself, that is why you are getting fat'
>She gets angry as fuck
>Tells me that she always has seaweed so that isn't the reason
>Tells me, in these exact words 'Seaweed absorbs the energy from swimming fish and swimming burns calories, so eating seaweed is like swimming'
>seems to actually believe this
>she is STILL getting fatter
>Last month I saw her eat 8 chocolate bars in 1 hour
>>
>>36762548
What exactly were you addicted to?
>>
>>36762708
So, what did she do in the university? Clean?
>>
>>36762053
It is dangerous to jog when it's too cold/too wet/bad weather in general though
>>
>>36762731
she studies Geography
sometimes my dad jokes with her that she didn't have to turn into a mountain for her grades to be good but she doesn't like that
>>
>>36762708
>eating seaweed is like swimming
>triple kek
>>
File: jEFF.jpg (78 KB, 683x384) Image search: [Google]
jEFF.jpg
78 KB, 683x384
>>36762771
>sometimes my dad jokes with her that she didn't have to turn into a mountain for her grades to be good

LOL
>>
>>36762771
>sometimes my dad jokes with her that she didn't have to turn into a mountain for her grades to be good but she doesn't like that
i laffed tbph
>>
>>36762771
Based dad.
>>
>>36762771

That's really funny. If my cheeky cunt of a father said anything like that to my sister, she'd burst into tears, and my mother would go off her head.
>>
>>36762933
your dad is a cuck
>>
>>36762933
The son of a cuck
Yours a cuck familia
>>
>>36762257
Post progress brah
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 615x820) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 615x820
>>36762374
>fast metabolism
>>
>>36762393
not possible.
like really.
I can walk a mile under 25 minutes
>>
>only douchebags go to the gym!
>it's just a waste of time, you should be studying instead!
>girls don't care how muscular you are!

Fuck everyone for putting that shit in my head when I was younger
>>
File: 1450045567205.jpg (176 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1450045567205.jpg
176 KB, 1280x960
> GURLS just care about a Good personality.
>>
>>36762708

Prawn crackers are my default snack, are they that bad?
>>
>>36764285
if you eat a whole bag at once
>>
>>36764285

what, is it better to eat a whole bag over the course of an hour?
>>
>>36764444

meant to quote >>36764302

I got some nice quads though, also got 2222 earlier today 8)

shitposting's paying off
>>
>>36762226
Saying you lpve him but a sentence later already having your mind made up about breaking it off soon because he isnt willing to improve himself physically for you.
Only females are capable of these kinds of mental gymnastics. No you dont love him. Its ok to be superficial if thats who u are but at least dont lie to yourself to make it seem like youre betterthan you actually are.
>>
>>36764512
Whats probably actually happening here is youre just as fat as he is and cant do better than him right now but youre dlosing weight and looking to trade up first chance u get dropping him like garbage while telling ypurself u lpved hhim fuck u
>>
>>36764568
>ypurself u lpved hhim fuck u

kek
>>
>>36764512
No that's not what I said. Learn2read. I said that his opinion or how he thinks about certain things is why I couldn't be with him long term. His weight is not that big of a deal. He can always lose the weight but his intellect? That's a whole different issue. I'm just not interested in building a life with someone who thinks the way he does
>>
>>36764568
Yeah I've lost the weight but I don't think I can do better. Look wise? Sure but overall, as a man I don't think I can do better. Besides some minor issues he really is a great man. I just...without getting too personal about my life. We are an interracial couple and certain things he says about race, specifically mine, makes him seem like a racist. And I just have no desire to build a life with him knowing he has racist ideologies . I mean I guess coming from a place of privelage being a white male I shouldn't be surprised but yeah ...
>>
File: 1455245424920.jpg (8 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
1455245424920.jpg
8 KB, 236x236
>>36762244
What kind of shit did they feed you?

>know married couple of hamplanets
>mfw they feed their child (who isn't even a year old yet) a vanilla frosted doughnut
>>
>>36766108
fast food 3-4 times a week.
Big bowls of sugary cereal for breakfast.
We'd always get sent to school with a snack for morning break, a chocolate bar, packet of crisps, that kind of thing.
Dinner was often a home cooked meal but my mum can't cook for shit so it was never very nice. We would always be told to clear our plates or we can't have dessert so we would shovel down her terrible food so we could have some ice cream or cake or something like that.
There was also always sodas in the fridge we could grab whenever we wanted.
Also my mum would always have a snack ready for us when she picked us up from school, same as the one we got sent to school with, so a chocolate bar or crisps with a sugary drink.

I think my day looked like this
Big bowl of sugary cereal
Chocolate bar
School lunch (bread roll, cooked meal, small dessert)
Chocolate bar and soda
Gross homecooked meal
Sugary dessert
Unlimited soda

In other words I grew up on sugar with the occasional vegetable.

>mfw I'm 6 foot tall with healthy teeth
don't know how to be honest
>>
>>36762199
what about the cold November Rain?
>>
File: 1429947610645.jpg (4 KB, 212x218) Image search: [Google]
1429947610645.jpg
4 KB, 212x218
>>36762152
>I don't know I don't communicate with normal people

>Not having a mom
>Not knowing how impossible it is to refute mom advice
>>
>>36764867
>place of privilege
holy shit. Back to tumblr you faggot
>>
File: 1396847498501.gif (561 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1396847498501.gif
561 KB, 240x180
>>36762229
>>
>>36762226

>"I'm gonna stay with him for now, but definitely not forever!"

That's a slippery slope you're on. Stop lying to yourself you roastie bitch/degenerate faggot.
>>
>>36766222
>acting like white men aren't privelaged.
You must be a white male. I mean it is what it is, the world is ran by and dominated by white men. Don't pretend that it's not.

>>36766307
It is but it's the situation I find myself in. He's expressed that he wants to marry and have kids by me but I have no intentions in doing that so honestly I'm good in the relationship up until that awkward moment when he asks me to marry him and I say no
>>
>>36764811
Then why bother getting with him in the first place? Did you not even bothering getting to know him before you started dating? How long have you two even been dating?
3 years here on the 27th. Worked with them for 2 years before getting to know them, working with them for 5 years now. Just moved in together last year too.
If you never bothered to get to know someone, then of course your relationship is bound to fail, unless they magically have all the qualities you are looking for in a human being at first glance, but you can never ever be too certain with that. ("Oh, they have glasses AND they are holding a copy of 'Leaves of Grass,' they MUST BE intellectual and senstive!" When in reality, they are just near sighted and holding a book for someone.)

Classic mistake right there, never gonna make it long-term.
>>
>>36766413
>I mean it is what it is, the world is ran by and dominated by white men. Don't pretend that it's not.

People who say this never want to go live somewhere that white people dont run things. Wanna know why somalia sucks so much ass? Because a bunch of niggers run it. The Zulu King himself said South Africa was better under apartheid, white people run better societies. Thats why we have the most advanced societies. We turned barren wastelands of ice and snow into malls and and suburbs.

Nignogs turned a tropical paradise into a cesspool of crime, disease and poverty.

If you dont like the way white people run things, go live somewhere they dont! Or else youre a hypocrite.
>>
>>36762229
in afrikaans vak means subject and is pronounced the same as fuck
>>
>>36766413

There is a woman I know that is in a relationship with a MUCH younger guy. She says she hates it that they constantly fight and that he is a controlling and abusive person who has gone out of his way to stunt her progress in life and prevent her from resolving all of her batshit bullshit.

She also says that "it's okay because we have fun..."

Point is, don't be stupid and waste time on shit you don't intend to stick to. And don't waste his time on some stupid bitch slut like you that doesn't intend to stay.
>>
>>36766213
I don't know about you but I started to out wit my mom at 13. She was never very clever
>>
>>36762771
kek
>>
>>36764115
girls dont care.....

r-right guys?
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.