[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
YES I'M FUCKING MAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1362603091481.jpg (76 KB, 532x531) Image search: [Google]
1362603091481.jpg
76 KB, 532x531
>RIGHT /FIT/, IT'S VERY SIMPLE. DON'T FUCKING POST SHIT ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

Honestly, some faggots who post shit here literally deserve to fucking die. The fucking piles of shit posts I see about autism, depression, anorexia, anxiety, sexual addiction, etc. etc. make me feel fucking sorry for anyone coming here looking for genuine advice. The "advice" that people put here is so fucking ignorant, so fucking shit, it can only make someone's case worse if they even fucking read it.

What do you know about information transmission in the brain? What do you know about neural networks? What do you know about neurotransmitter sensitivity of different brain parts in response to different situations? What do you know of the root causes of certain disorders? What do you know about the relation between brain activity and emotion? Do you even know what autism really is, do you? Do you seriously think autism is just a "social disorder", that depression is a self-induced dip, that anxiety is just a lack of confidence and that fapping makes you a weak person?

If you don't fucking know what the fuck you are talking about, fuck off, go shit up someplace else. This is a good board with good people who are trying to work on their fucking lives, often for a fucking reason. Don't put shit ideas in their head that will only hinder them with your fucking ignorant posts.

For anyone who offers genuine, informed and helpful advice, keep doing whatever you're doing.
>>
New pasta?
Vintage pasta?
>>
>>36761404
>>Tumblr
>>
Y-you too
>>
>>36761429
>>>/b/
>>
>>36761451
Holy shit you told him !!!!
Inb4 samefag
>>
>>36761404
This isn't a "mental health" board to begin with so you can just fuck right off.
>>>/r9k/
>>
Why do you card so much? Are you a depressed autitstic with anxiety problems that loves to fap? Have we triggered you or something?

Just calm down bro, we just want to lift heavy things here.
>>
>>36761404
QQ
>>
7/10
>>
>>36761404
Got any good reading material about those?
>>
>>36761404
>What do you know about neural networks?

the brain is plastic, thoughts can change neural networks and brain chemistry.

Most mental illness is self-induced. For example, this thread is a symptom of mental illness which you have induced in yourself: autism, anxiety, OCD, depression, and anger issues.
>>
File: 1438693554001.png (178 KB, 1631x1571) Image search: [Google]
1438693554001.png
178 KB, 1631x1571
>>36761404
>Do you even know what autism really is, do you?
>implying you do
>>
>>36761952
>Look mom i said triggered!
>>
>>36761404

I feel I should point out that this is NOT a mental health board, and anyone treating it like it is gets what they deserve.
>>
>>36761404
i feel you man, i have to hide those threads.
>guys i cured my depression through LIFTING and SLEEPING and EATING FOOD AMA

i only blame these retards partly though, whoever came up withthe idea to call serious ilnesses "depression" or "anxiety" was a fucking mongo.
>>
>>36761844
>>36762322

Yeah, it kind of is.

The vast majority of people on this board are working on improving themselves, not just their physiques, but their lives in general. Their motivation, their success, their attractiveness. They do this for a reason, if there was nothing to fix, there would be no reason to come here looking for advice or to make >feels threads.

I feel I should point out that /fit/ used to be Health & Fitness in the past and still has a large amount of people looking for basic health advice.

It doesn't matter fucking anyway, the basic idea is: don't act like a fucking retard on a board filled with people with precarious mental health. What the fuck m8

>>36761952
I work in the field and seeing the shit I see here makes me rage and cringe.

>>36762163
https://he.palgrave.com/page/detail/emotion-science-elaine-fox/?sf1=barcode&st1=9780230005174

The best overall book on how common mental health disorders affect processing in the brain, and how to evaluate them against healthy individuals.

>>36762302
>thoughts can change neural networks and brain chemistry

Yeah, fucking exactly, so don't put dangerous and retarded thoughts in people's heads. If they've got a serious depression, telling them that it doesn't exist and they're just weak, you're only making it worse.

>>36762317
Nobody exactly knows m8, but it's my speciality. Autism is one simple thing: overstimulation. If you're talking to someone in a crowd, your brain "mutes" all the noise and makes your friend's voice stand out. In autism, there is less filtering, so from birth they are bombarded with an ungodly amount of fucking information.

Autists aren't antisocial, they TURN antisocial. That is why it needs to be diagnosed and treated early, to prevent that from happening. Those that are treated early normally lead normal lives unless they have a debilitating form of autism, which makes them certifiably handicapped.

>>36762332
Fucking exactly.
>>
>>36762401
Thanks for the recommendation.
>>
>>36761404
Mental health threads belong on /adv/
Retard
>>
>>36762401
>Yeah, it kind of is.
No it literally isn't. Read the rules faggot.
>b-but rules aren't enforced
Assuming you're OP, the advocacy of your original post is the establishment of a rule (a retards don't post about shit you don't know about rule)

So you either follow all the rules (mental health threads belong on /adv/) or none at all.
>>
File: chromosome downs.jpg (100 KB, 635x686) Image search: [Google]
chromosome downs.jpg
100 KB, 635x686
Have there ever been any famous autists?

Either famous for major breakthroughs or boons to humanity, or the leaders of major ethnic cleansing events or revolutions like ol' Hitler?
>>
>>36762401
Moot specifically wrote in the rules that mental health threads are to be kept off /fit/ and posted on /adv/.
I'm also the reason that he changed it from health and fitness to just fitness. I told him health gives rise to too many feels and mental health threads.

How about you fuck off and die, stop rationalising your /r9k/ faggotry on here.
>>
>Taking mental health seriously

Nobody fully understands how it works, doctors can't help you, might as well just kill yourself.

It's basically like ravies, once you start showing symptoms you're a goner
>>
>>36761404
just b urself
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.