[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /fit/. Been wondering something for a while now. Why do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: jOdMHqZF.png (173 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
jOdMHqZF.png
173 KB, 512x512
Hey, /fit/. Been wondering something for a while now.

Why do you only consider people who build muscle "fit"? What about the people who eat right, work out, and are slim? They are fit by most peoples standards, but it seems to me that fit only cares about those who work to build muscle.

Why? I've been wondering for a while, now. Shouldn't /fit/ be a place for those who are interested in keeping fit, whether it be through healthy eating, weight lifting, cardio, etc?

What are your thoughts on this?
>>
>>36759580
Cardiofags or whoever can post here if they want, they just don't
>>
BIGGER. IS. BETTER.
>>
>>36759591
Well yeah, but the few times I've seen them do so, they've been attacked by people who are strictly into weight lifting.

I don't get it.
>>
There are cardio generals, but fit is mostly male(except for the traps and I guess cheekie and esmerelda) and most guys are just concerned with building muscle.
>>
>>36759611
Probably because cardio is for Europoors and terrorists, now get out you DYEL
>>
Anyone can be a cardiofag, lifting a getting big requires more dedication and discipline. Think of it as /fit/ pushing people to be the strongest version of themselves.
>>
>>36759580
its easier being a cardiofag than weight training
>>
I used to do mostly cardio with traditional exercise and some lifting, but running is not fun. I fucked up my knees and ankles a few times and generally feel like I'm dying after a long run, but lifting just makes me feel good.
>>
Because /fit/ is mostly grown-up /v/irgins who have never played sports in school and don't understand that weightlifting isn't the only training you do for most sports
>>
>>36759832
hmm.. sounds like /fit/ is lazy to me.

what out of shape LOSER can't run 40 miles a day?
>>
>>36759864
I lost motivation when I saw all those mediocre dadbody soldiers that run 10+ miles a day. I still get some cardio in there because its good for your core and legs, but its not that important to me.
>>
>>36759850
Can confirm
>>
File: kaga_faces.gif (164 KB, 998x989) Image search: [Google]
kaga_faces.gif
164 KB, 998x989
>>36759580
Because it's actually difficult to pick stuff off the floor and put them back down again
>>
>>36759611
They're on par with vegan posters
>>
>>36759580
there just isnt anything to talk about when it comes to that subject for most of us
>>
>>36759580
we don't, we consider people fit and /fit/, if you weren't new you'd notice there is a big difference between these terms
>>
/fit/ used to be health and fitness.
Anything pertaining to exercise and fitness was here.
Then that rippletoe fags set up shop and ruined everything with their faggotry. Even the fucking sticky is a big goddamned joke.

Now it's /fit/ bodybuilding, powerlifting, strength training, drugs and horny loserettes and queers starting tfwnogf and cbt threads to lure out dudes who're post workout and are randy emotionally vulnerable.
>>
>>36759832
Running only gets fun when you find that runners high. It take like 40 minutes of moderate-intense running/heart rate but once you get there it's good. I find myself running faster for longer once I get that high.
>>
>>36759807
kek
>>
>>36759786
>>36759807
>>36760125
cardio and lifting are as challenging as you make them - if you accept your limits in lifting it isn't challenging and if you test your limits all the time in running it isn't easy.

>>36759832
technique is important, I had the same experience with running until I watched this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSIDRHUWlVo
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.