[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone read this book? what did you make of it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
anyone read this book? what did you make of it?
>>
also on side note did any of you read this? was it better or worse than SS?
>>
Haven't read his book but his videos are dope
>>
>>36759402
i have it. the material is okay, but not suited for beginners really. It goes into a lot of detail about texas method variations and advanced levels of training.
>>
>>36759393
Breh, I'm already Leopard-kin come at me
>>
>>36759422
would you say it's something you read after reading SS?
>>
>>36759511
there isn't any technique description in the book. just how to choose a proper program for your level, like novice or intermediate or advanced, and the type of exercise selection. He also goes a bit into physiology and how muscles contract and adapt but you might not care to read that. If you liked his work in SS, then you would like this too.
>>
>>36760299
all right all right, do you know of any other books that might be better?
>>
>>36760333
well it all depends on your goals. this is a good book for general strength programming for athletes and regular people. If you wanted a bodybuilding book, olympic lifting book, or powerlifting book, there's definitely other options. I have not read any others than Practical Programming though
>>
>>36760355
ok thanks
>>
>>36759393
If you are suffering from mobility issues the book is top notch. Make sure you get the expanded edition as there is some stuff in there that isn't in the first edition
>>
Reading it now. It's decent.

He sucks his own dick a little.

He doesn't seem to back his claims up with studies.

Aside from that it's decent.
>>
Coach Kelly Starrett received his Doctor of Physical Therapy in 2007 from Samuel Merritt College in Oakland, California. He currently runs his own physical therapy practice at San Francisco CrossFit

>Crossfit
>>
>>36760743
>break em
>make money fixing em
paula deen scheme
>>
>>36760688
The thing i have found the most useful is doing the exercises that show if you have any mobility issues.
>>
>>36759393
lots of really flexible paper aeroplanes f a m
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.