[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he isn't a powerlifter/aspiring powerlifter >he still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5
>he isn't a powerlifter/aspiring powerlifter
>he still low bar squats

explain yourself
>>
>>36758269
>he gives a shit about how other people choose to place the bar on their back for a squat
explain yourself
>>
>>36758269

That dudes lowbar form is utter dodgshit.
>>
>>36758295
I have shitty ankles from several ligament injuries so I lack the flexibility
>>
>>36758269
the right pic doesn't even look like lowbar. that shit looks like a leaned over high bar.
>>
>>36758269
>he still back squats
Good meme
>>
>>36758295
low bar = less leg muscles used, more strain on your back, wrists, shoulders. Literally only used by powerlifters to get that extra edge.. or egotistical gym rats that just want to squat heavier than everyone in the gym because... because!
>>
>>36758308
This

>>36758325
I guarantee you mine are worse, and I'm old, yet, I low bar to proper depth. Explain yourself more better.
>>
>>36758358
again, explain why you care what other people do in the gym. focus on yourself
>>
>>36758269
>backsquat of any kind

Enjoy your butt wink/spine damage
>>
>>36758371
>having shit flexibility
top kek faggot
>>
>>36758358
this desu
>>
>not realizing that back squats of any kind produce shearing forces that the pain receptors don't detect
>not realizing that most low back injuries appear to have an acute cause but are actually caused by cumulative shearing forces over time
>>
>>36758530
This. Front squat you jabronis
>>
>>36758530
>making faggot excuses for being a dyel
>being afraid to squat
gb2 reddit
>>
>>36758530
beeing a fedora internet warrior that only cursl irl
>>
>>36758368
He meant he does low bar and lacks flexibility for high bar moron
>>
>>36758530
>>36758565
big glutes > big quads thats why I back squat
>>
>>36758345
I mean, the pic even has a white line showing the bar is centered in front of his feet. Put a plate or two on that and he's going to topple over.
>>
I started squatting high-bar naturally without even realizing it, this was before I ever looked up shit online.

I tried low bar squats and they feel awkward as fuck, why would anyone do them over highbar? makes no sense.
>>
>>36758776
High bar is always natural to pick up because it's easier to carry the bar on the traps and it's also natural to want to encourage an upright torso
Low bar enables you to handle heavier weights quicker
>>
>>36758371
>>Enjoy your butt wink/spine damage
sounds like broscience
>>
>>36758722
Are you not doing any deadlift variations? revrse hyprers? Why would you back squat for glutes?

Put your own bodyweight worth of weights on a reverse hyper and do 5x20. Build your glutes while paradoxically removing strain from your lumbar spine.
>>
>>36758269
Seriously how the fuck do you get the form down for left pic every time I get that low my back is parallel to the ground almost/
>>
>>36758972
Same. Are you tall? I'm 6'2".

Maybe my hip mobility is just garbage.
>>
>>36758983
No, I'm 5"8 but it really does suck. I can't perform squats correctly cause I can't hit depth
>>
>>36758972

Ankle/hip flexibility really
>>
>>36758997
I can hit the depth for legs (parallel) but like you said I almost turn into that lowbar guy. I noticed trying to keep my chest puffed out helped a lot as well as helping stability but I'm sure it's mostly>>36758998
>>
>>36758358
>less leg muscles used

this is the opposite of correct
>>
>>36758983

It is m8 I'm 6'5 and hit it no problem
>>
>>36759038
I can't remember, does the sticky cover improving hip mobility? Probably does.
>>
>>36758621
Oh, you got me there. I think I'll kill myself because you /fit/ fucks can't communicate properly.
>>
>>36759069

Idk never read it honestly
Russian babymakers are a good way to open hips up tho- place feet wider than shoulder width, squat down, and put your elbows on the insides of knees with palms together. Press knees outwards and you'll feel a stretch inside hips
>>
if your hip socket is very deep poor hip mobility may just be a fact of life. You can't stretch bone.
>>
File: 1457143937134.jpg (779 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
1457143937134.jpg
779 KB, 1280x1920
>>36758269
Switched to low bar from high after I got a weird inflammatory injury in my left hip rotator. Less pain and I feel the movement more in my glutes, hams and lower back and less in my anterior quads.

I'm also squatting less weight for some reason. I guess I just need to get used to the movement.
>>
>>36759113
Thanks for the tip bro, that's one weird ass name tho.
>>
>>36758269
pretty sure you're supposed to have the bar over mid-foot in a low bar squat, unlike the pic. But i might be mistaken.
>>
>>36758358
DELETE THIS
>>
>>36758358
>people actually believe this
just end your life please.
>>
>>36758722
Front squats work quads better, and deadlifts work glutes better.
>>
>>36758269
>Not doing front squats
Kek
>>
I do all the squats you faggot OP.

High-bar. Front squats. Low-bar.

Gotta hit all the different groups.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbygCMbwD40

>>36759295
looking at the title I think it's an article about backpain
>>
>ITT: DYELs arguing about DYEL shit
literally no one big or strong cares.
>>
>>36758530
Shit.. is this true? Is that why old bodybuilders who lifted heavy, like ronnie and arnie cant run?
>>
Low bar + front squats. Best of both worlds
>>
>>36760340
>Not doing Russian Red Angle squats
What's your vertical kilo pull nigga?
>>
File: Fat John Wayne.jpg (36 KB, 275x450) Image search: [Google]
Fat John Wayne.jpg
36 KB, 275x450
>>36758269

>He's not trying to get bigger and stronger by using the objectively superior squatting method

explain yourself
>>
>>36758308

Yeah. The only reason he can get away with having the bar that far in front of his midfoot is that there is no weight on it.
>>
>>36758269
How the heck do I keep my chest up like that pic on the left? I always collapse and end up looking like the pic on the right even if I'm doing high bar.
>>
>>36760605

You probably lack ankle and/or hip mobility.
>>
>>36758530

>The sheer meme

Kill yourself. Provided the spine is properly braced in extension by the muscles in your trunk, it functions as a rigid segment, and the discs will be loaded symmetrically.

For a real world observation of why you're wrong, if you were right, all that 450 lbs 5x5 low bar squatting would have crippled me. It did not, and instead made me strong enough to pick your fat mother off the ground when I pity fuck her.
>>
>>36760619
Probably. So just stretch more or what?
>>
>back pain
>squat

Shit form, move on
>>
>>36758972

>my back is parallel to the ground almost/

This has a lot to do with torso to femur length ratio. I have a long torso and short femurs, so my back is fairly upright in the hole. You are apparently the exact opposite, which sucks for squatting leverage.

Good for deadlift leverage though.

The point is, as long as the bar is over your mid foot, and your knees are SHOVED OUT (when they come in, your ass will likely drop and your chest will rise, fucking all up the low bar form), you're probably in a good position in the hole.
>>
>>36760649

Whoops, confused left and right and thought you were talking about the lowbar.

Still, if the bar is over your mid foot, and your back isn't rounding, you're probably in good position for the high bar hole. It still will differ exactly based on torso length, just less so than low bar because the spine is necessarily more vertical in the high bar.
>>
>>36760639

Yes.

You an also experiment with a wider stance and/or heeled shoes, but a lot of people end up needing to do some mobility work before their highbar squat looks decent.
>>
Does anyone here have the picture of the stretches and what not to achieve this? I can not ass to grass. No where near it. That's the goal. Please help. Lol
>>
>>36758358
That's not true at all and Mark Rippletits encourages low bar squat.
>>
>>36758269
But m...muh SS! Muh memes! Muh board culture!
>>
>>36758358
Yeah, this.
>>
>>36760306
and deadlifts and back squats build a glute dominate leg physique which is the objective best leg physique
>bu-buh my big quads!
past the DYEL phase relatively big quads just makes it hard to buy nice pants and arn't that aesthetic in pants
>buh-uh-uh uh hammies
gay bottom
>glutes master race
women check out your ass and you fuck much better, large glutes are much better for aesthetics and functional strength
>>
File: 1380122765434.jpg (252 KB, 460x800) Image search: [Google]
1380122765434.jpg
252 KB, 460x800
>>36758358
>low bar = less leg muscles used
>>
>>36758269
Fuck off Onglar
>>
>>36760481
Ronnie can't run because he was 330+ lbs, Arnold can't because he is 70.
>>
>>36761762
Old Age alone is no excuse. There are more and more 80 year olds still doing Marathons or Powerlifting.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
>>
>>36761800
Arnold does scenes in movies where he'll need to jog still. Just because he isnt running for exercise, doesnt mean he can't.

And Ronnie is just fucked, he went too heavy, relied on drugs too much, and basically destroyed his body for fame and glory.
>>
>>36762018
Low bar fags BTFO
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.