[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Creatine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
Don't know anything about creatine. Considering taking it to speed up my gains. Can someone give me a rundown? How exactly does it work/what does it do, when to take, how much to take, etc.?
>>
>>36757898
>taking steroids
enjoy your cheating
>>
>>36757898
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLRbUHAfkV0&nohtml5=False
Just watched this. Seems legit. If I take 3 grams a day would that be good?
>>
>>36757898
why dont you keep your natty card longer?you dont wanna live till 30 or what
>>
>>36757898
5g a day every day
>>
It's your body, if you want to take the risk sure, you may never be the same again putting your health on the line
>>
File: Yee.png (33 KB, 173x200) Image search: [Google]
Yee.png
33 KB, 173x200
>>36758274
>>36758101
trolls? What's the problem with it?
>>
>>36757898
>>36758292
youll die
>>
I've been drinking creatininis for a month now and I've been dead for a year
>>
Don't listen to these trolls. Creatine won't give you superhuman strength or anything. At most it'll give you a few extra reps. It may not be much but in the long run it'll add up.

I take around 3-5 mg per day.

BUT if you are prone to balding it'll speed it up. Unless it's in your genes you have nothing to worry about
>>
>>36757898
It isn't something you cycle, but something you saturate your muscles with and then consuming whatever 3-5g each day will maintain their saturated state. Some people load on creatine, where they'll do like 10g in the morning and 10g at night for a week, which could possibly make you nauseous but otherwise one way to do it. Creatine loading saturates your muscles more quickly. You can take it whenever when you're doing the normal 3-5g, it doesn't matter because it's a constant state of saturation either way. It'll make you more thirsty. It isn't a miracle drug. It'll make your muscles ballpark look 5% bigger once fully saturated.

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H9TQkKvqV4&nohtml5=False
>>
If you're looking to gain an edge and potentially train harder, there's nothing wrong with taking creatine. Normally you get about half of the creatine you need through your diet (especially if you eat meat, which you should because other nutrients) and the other half is synthesized in the liver and kidneys. Creatine works by (once in the muscle) providing a quick way to regenerate the energy for muscle movement as phosphorylcreatine (PCr). Having more PCr in your muscles allows for quicker energy recovery in short term (i.e. <10-30 seconds) bouts of work, thus you should theoretically be able to perform more work in the same amount of time. One of the major drawbacks of creatine supplementation is that it holds a lot of water with it causing a tremendous amount of weight gain. General dosing is a "loading" phase of ~15-20g/day for 4 days to saturate the muscles with a maintenance dosing of 3-5g/day indefinitely following the loading.

TL;DR - creatine may help you lift more weight getting you more gainzzzzz, but with the side effect of water weight.

Graduate exercise science student fag here.
>>
>>36758292
Lol nothing wrong. It's one of the proven supps. It's naturally found in red meat.
>>
>>36758550
That video was very informative. Gonna do 3g a day.
>>36758759
>>36758594
>>36758464
Thanks
>>
>>36758043
Why are all fitness people on youtube exactly like MLG kids
>>
My creatine levels are at the upper level. I think they measure up 120 and mine was 110.

Need it or nah?
>>
>>36757898
Where do people in the UK get their creatine?
>>
>>36758594
Agree with everything you said, but I didn't seem to gain much water weight when I was taking creatine. Does that just vary between people?
>>
How much water do you drink?
>>
If you're over 170 lbs, take 5 in the AM and then another 5 right after workout.

I just toss some in water in the morning, and put 5 in my protein powder that I drink after workout.
>>
>>36759884
This is fine for loading, but once you're saturated, excess creatine is just a waste.

You want 0.3 g/kg/day when loading, and 0.03g/kg/day afterwards.

Once the loading phase is over, you just need enough to maintain your levels.
>>
>>36760205
Also I should add the bodyweight amounts there are lean mass.

ie 100 kg person with 20% bodyfat needs 24g/day for loading and 2.4g/day for maintenance.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.