[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anterior Pelvic Tilt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: atp.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
atp.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
Has anyone here managed to succesfully fix their anterior pelvic tilt?
There are a bunch of different guides on youtube, and they all seem to have different advice.
Which one worked for you?
>>
never seen anyone look like the two on the right
>>
File: 1382780549434.png (177 KB, 750x540) Image search: [Google]
1382780549434.png
177 KB, 750x540
lurking for a bro
>>
File: Planche.jpg (1 MB, 4070x2512) Image search: [Google]
Planche.jpg
1 MB, 4070x2512
Any of the REAL programs will work. You know, the ones from physiologists and physical therapists. (not the ones from never-lifted faggots that scream SQUATS AND DEADLIFTS will fix it because it makes them feel manly). Listen to professionals, not insecure anonymous trolls.

APT is an injury that happened to you over a long period of time (not suddenly one day). It's an injury of long-term neglect.

You can fix it, but it wont be fixed suddenly one day if you try really hard. It will take a few months give-or-take, and it will be a process that involves discomfort.

All you gotta do is be patient with your body's natural ability to adapt to a new posture, and be consistent with posture exercises every half hour, every day... for 60 days or so.

Is that too much to ask of yourself to do? It's a test of your integrity. It's a foundation for more achievements, too.

The best thing is you should know that fixing shitty posture will have a more noticeable effect (subconsciously and visibly) on your appearance to other people than adding a scant couple of inches to your chest or biceps ever will.

Having confident, healthy poise will make people respect you more, and you will respect yourself more.

Go now (literally, right now) and start working on it. The internet won't disappear while you are gone.
>>
File: 1404214261875.jpg (118 KB, 801x558) Image search: [Google]
1404214261875.jpg
118 KB, 801x558
>>36756682
>Any of the REAL programs will work
My bro has it and he's seriously left humanity behind in every other aspect, for many years, I doubt there are underdeveloped muscles in his core, or that he lacks confidence anywhere in his ego.
Physios told him to dl and that's what he does, with painful to look at turbo-hyper-extension.
>>
>>36756475
For you: http://kaasplateau.com/stretches.pdf
>>
If I posted a pic, could someone tell me if I have APT or just HippoMode Fat? I've heard both ways
>>
>>36758402
post it
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 226x407) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 226x407
>>36758444
Tilted pic cuz phone sry
>>
>>36758576
ur fine, just lift
>>
>>36756475
Stretch hip flexors A LOT and quads
Strengthen glutes

Don't neglect stretching quads

The key to fixing any postural deficiency is understanding what is actually wrong (i.e. shortened hip flexors)
>>
>>36758627
Thanks bro
People keep saying I shouldn't be lifting for x, y, z reason and I'll never quit but it's nice to have affirmative opinions
>>
posture guy dump anyone? i need a giggle
>>
>>36756682
>SQUATS AND DEADLIFTS
Deadlifts strengthen your lower back and core to allow for correct posture, squats do the same.
>>
File: 2016-04-12 20.11.33.png (4 MB, 2560x1439) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-12 20.11.33.png
4 MB, 2560x1439
>never making it
>>
>>36758657
hold on, i have anterior pelvic tilt, but my quads are easy to stretch, while my hamstrings are much tighter.
is it all my ass? cause i feel like my ass might be the problem.
>>
I have apt but super flexible quads. What does this mean.
>>
>>36759528
Do something other than bench
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.