[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm doing it, /fit/. I'm converting from fat-loving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: supersad.jpg (98 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
supersad.jpg
98 KB, 640x640
I'm doing it, /fit/. I'm converting from fat-loving tumblrette to a normal human being.

I've been fat all my life. I looked like a fucking bowling ball when I was a kid. Fattie from a fat household of fatties.
A week ago I realized that all of my friends are fatter than me, and that kind of got the ball rolling. Why are they fatter than me? Because I want to feel skinny in comparison. Why? Because I hate being fat.
I told everyone I loved myself and my body. I reality, I had been spending every single fucking day on tumblr complaining in the "fat love" and "fat acceptance" tags, and hearing the patethic chorus of hundres of fatties telling me I'm beautiful in return. That site is fucking toxic /fit/. I've been in the "fat love" side of tumblr for about four years now, and nothing has ever made me re-think drinking straight mayo or eating five snickers for dinner.

But no more. I've gotten help. I've started counting calories and exercising. Cutting out candy and soda, and replacing them with fruit and water. I'm fucking done with being a fat bitch, and I'm angry at myself for letting it get to this point. (I haven't weighed myself, but estimate is 90kg and 164cm tall)
I'll make it, /fit/, I promise.

Feel free to ask about my delusional tumblr days if you want, or give me tips that aren't in the sticky.
>>
thats 200lbs and 5'3'' for non-foreigners
>>
don't get discouraged no matter what
>>
SS + GOMAD
>>
>>36752696
That's 5'4 and a half, actually
>>
File: post.png (17 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
post.png
17 KB, 640x400
>>36752696
>>
>>36752620
Stick with it OP. You may be a manlet, but manlets have an easier time with gainz.
>>
File: 1425174465232.gif (2 MB, 320x176) Image search: [Google]
1425174465232.gif
2 MB, 320x176
>>36752620
you go gurl
i believe in u
>>
File: carl's jr.jpg (55 KB, 599x489) Image search: [Google]
carl's jr.jpg
55 KB, 599x489
>>36752620
When you think about how far you let your body go to waste, how much effort you will have to put in just to be normal, and the eventual slack in progress, keep this in mind. It don't matter. Just keep doing it, think about your body and how it feels. You want to be healthy, and you will always feel better walking out of the gym than you did walking in.
>>
>>36752620
Good luck OP. You sound like you have all the basics down (count calories, sticky, get rid of bad foods, water). Just remember that making it is a long term goal. When you make it post pics OP of before and after.

It's kind of funny how the fact acceptance movement really only applies to females. Or am I wrong?
>>
>>36752620
Don't neglect strength training! Fastest, best-est way to burn calories.

You're gonna make it!
>>
>>36752620
thanks for doing this thread, OP. good news is, once you will build the set of new habits that will put you on your way to health, it will be as obvious for you to go out and work out, and to refuse that sweet as it was to partake in the self-harm as you did in the past.

I am taking this path, as well - started working out and eating healthy half a year ago - let your new normal be awesome.
>>
First of all, thank you for being one of the few decent human beings on tumblr who realized they were fooling themselves.

It's going to be hard to make the first few steps.

Your diet sounds like a good change. I would argue you don't need to count calories so much as just change the quality of food. It's great you've cut out candy and soda! You should cut out high sugar sauces as well (like teriyaki sauce on your chicken). User very little oil in cooking. It's a pain in the ass but I shop every couple of days now and every single meal for the last month has been homemade. It makes leaps and bounds of a difference. Don't calorie starve yourself because your body will go into starvation mode and make it hard to lose fat. Eat big, healthy meals and keep up your metabolism with exercise.

Don't spend hours on a treadmill. If you do resistance training on machines you'll see much better progress. You won't turn into a man because you don't produce the amount of testosterone that guys do. Don't do all the muscles every day. Just split up your muscle groups across 2 or 3 different days in a week and push yourself. Those first couple of weeks will be extra painful if you are like me because your arms and legs will lock up if you aren't used to the exercise. Cardio every other day, and take a day of rest.

Never forget you are in it for the long haul. Take weekly pictures so when you start to lose motivation you stick to it. And don't spend crazy hours at the gym. Many girls have a revelation and decide to go crazy at it, but then lose weight so fast they have loose skin and are incredibly insecure about it until it tightens up, which makes it even more awkward because you'll start getting a approached by guys as you become thin but don't want him to see your flying squirrel body.
>>
>>36753440
For cardio, high intensity interval training is the best. It will strip the fat off you and keep your metabolism high. This is hard to do early on, especially if you are overweight. You can injur yourself easily, so slowly build this up. I do several 100 meter sprints at a park nearby my home.

And finally, stretch. Safety comes first. maybe pick up a yoga class if you are finding yourself pretty inflexible.

Ooh and stay hydrated. Every process in your body requires water. It would be silly to end up losing fat at a slower pace simply because you weren't drinking water throughout the day.

This is all pretty standard. The hardest part is just sticking to it and making sure you find the time in the day even if it's inconvenient. Your goal is long term health.

It helps to surround yourself with people who are also committed to changing themselves. Find a gym partner, make a friend in yoga, have some of your friends jump in with you. Once you reach a place you are comfortable with you don't want to stop, because eventually you get back to where you started.

And come to this board to let us know how your progress goes! :)
>>
File: 1398969462716.jpg (714 KB, 2100x3150) Image search: [Google]
1398969462716.jpg
714 KB, 2100x3150
>>36752620
Good luck, OP <3
>>
File: 1456517659500.jpg (164 KB, 1125x1038) Image search: [Google]
1456517659500.jpg
164 KB, 1125x1038
>>36752620
We got your back OP <3 stay strong and get better <33
>>
>>36753564
I fucking loved reading the story behind this picture.
>>
there will be a BUNCH of fucking times where u feel this is hopeless and not worth it and you just wanna quit, it's up to you to make a change and nobody else
>>
File: A8ai7PI.png (199 KB, 1200x1332) Image search: [Google]
A8ai7PI.png
199 KB, 1200x1332
>>36752620
you made the right choice and you should be proud.
stay strong and lift the feels away.
we're all gonna make it broette.
>>
File: willpower.jpg (482 KB, 1058x863) Image search: [Google]
willpower.jpg
482 KB, 1058x863
>>36752620
So some of you people are not lost causes after all.

Anyway, stay strong, or rather relentless, in your endeavor.

And just like >>36753632 says, there will be many times where you will feel dragged down, but don't let yourself ever get discouraged. You must power through.
>>
>>36752620
GODDAMN OP YOU'RE SO GONNA MAKE IT, I CAN FEEL THAT ENERGY STEADY FLOWING THROUGH YOUR WORDS, YOU'RE HALFWAY THERE HAVING REALIZED THAT

JUST REMEMBER THERE WILL BE DAYS WHERE YOU DON'T FEEL SO INTO IT, WHEN YOU WILL LOSE MOTIVATION

WELL GUESS WHAT THOSE ARE THE DAYS WHEN YOU WILL GET STRONGER, BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT YOU WILL KEEP GOING, YOU'LL DRAG YOUR NOT-SO-FAT-ASS-BY-THE-DAY UNTIL YOU REACH THAT SWEET GOAL OF YOURS, UNTIL YOU ARE HAPPY WITH YOUR BODY, NOT DELUDED-HAPPY, REALLY HAPPY.

GODDAMNIT OP GOOD LUCK FUCK I'M LIFTING INTERNALLY FOR YOU RIGHT NOW BABY DON'T DISAPPOINT US AND MOSTLY DON'T DISAPPOINT YOU SON
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.