[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on keto, /fit/. Are carbs literally Hitler(for cutting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Koala.jpg (763 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763 KB, 1024x768
Redpill me on keto, /fit/. Are carbs literally Hitler(for cutting and in general)?
>>
>>36752408
Keto is dumb. Eat at least 1g/lb protein, 0.5g/lb fat (fats are really good, eat salmon and avocados and distribute the rest as you wish, eat some carbs for energy and test though
>>
>>36752408
Keto's a meme, carbs are fine as long as you aren't overdoing it, like anything else. You should be switching over to mostly whole grain anyway. An increase in fat and protein in your diet can increase satiety and make it easier to cut, as you will feel less hungry.

The only reason to drastically reduce carbs during a cut is if you're trying to get underskin water down to level zero because you're about to step on stage.
>>
>>36752458
1g/lb protein is a meme

Eat moderate carbs and fats (they are interchangeable)

0.82g/lb protein has tons of science backing it for strength athletes
>>
>>36752484
1g covers incomplete/low bv protein like broccoli
>>
>>36752543
Well I've never really looked into bioavailability but I'm assuming less than 10% of your protein comes from vegetables, considering you'd have to eat absurd of vegetables for protein numbers that would make a difference.
>>
>>36752574
About 1/3 of my protein comes from stuff like beans, veggies, oats etc
Spinach and broccoli have quite a lot of protein
>>
>>36752458
how is keto dumb? doesn't the body convert its fats into ketones for energy? shouldn't you lose only fat on it?
>>
Anyone tried keto to maintain or even gain weight?

I'm interested in trying keto just to see how I'd feel.
>>
>>36753463
You could lose just as much weight without going out of your way to avoid carbs, which are in most things
Carbs aren't bad for you. They fuel your body and its processes. Most healthy foods have some carbs. Just make sure you eat plenty of fat too
>>
>>36752408

It's sugar, specifically, that is literally Hitler. Other carbs that aren't sugar are okay. But if you're fat then you're too stupid to know the difference. (Not insulting you, just being real, I was in the same boat six months ago and keto did help me.)

What keto really does for you is breaks your sugar addiction and teaches you how to eat.
>>
>>36752408
fuck off evan
>>
File: Ketobaby.png (236 KB, 495x737) Image search: [Google]
Ketobaby.png
236 KB, 495x737
>>36752408
>This baby gon be ripped.
>>
>>36752484
This
>>
>be fat
>do iifym
>lose weight, but hungry all the time
>do keto at same calorie limit
>lose weight at same rate (after losing water weight) but not hungry after first week

Only probs I have with keto is cooking from scratch is a pain in the ass and you can basically never eat out or you really pay for it.
>>
>>36753687
>Other carbs that aren't sugar are okay
>sugars that aren't sugars are okay

The only good carb is the indigestible kind, dietary fiber.
>>
File: 7f34CjB.gif (4 MB, 298x224) Image search: [Google]
7f34CjB.gif
4 MB, 298x224
>>36752458
you need fats for test not carbs dumbass
>>
>>36753574
probably be possible with more fats in your diet which isn't as a bad a thing it's been made out to be provided you don't eat too much obviously
>>
>>36757158
Diets with a low carb-to-protein ratio are associated with lower test. Low carb can also increase cortisol, which isn't good for test

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3573976

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20091182
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.