[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Progress
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 2016-04-12 10.32.52.jpg (192 KB, 674x395) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-12 10.32.52.jpg
192 KB, 674x395
Rate my past 8 yr progress.
Left 2008
Middle 2012
Right 2016

No homo, no bully
>>
lol

sage
>>
B8? What are your lifts after 8yrs?
>>
Blaha pls go and stay go
>>
>Progress thread
>pic unrelated
>>
>>36751032
>past 8 yr progress
>no progress at all

Blahahahahahah
>>
This is how you not bear mode
>>
>>36751049
BLAHAHAHA
>>
File: a-man-holding-a-pen-and-writing.jpg (122 KB, 1000x664) Image search: [Google]
a-man-holding-a-pen-and-writing.jpg
122 KB, 1000x664
>>36751032
DEAR
>>
>>36751032
Are you trolling bc you have gotten significantly more fat. Lifting weights doesn't counter act a bad diet. Read the fucking sticky
>>
>>36753125
get out
>>
>>36751032
Dude, you look like a fucking MONSTER. Be honest, are you on HGH?
>>
>>36751032
As much as I dislike shitposting b8 threads, they can be really useful in highlighting all the newfags on this board
>>
>>36753171
Ask my gf
>>
>>36751032
I don't know what's worse Blaha's progress, or the fact that I could tell it was him just from his pictures.
>>
>>36753633
I used to think they were bullshit too, but it really is the best way to measure the influx of newfags.

The deeper memes like "weighted dips" can't identify brand newfags like this one, but rather more seasoned lifters.
>>
>>36753693
lold
>>
File: 1459253479189.jpg (1 MB, 2044x3207) Image search: [Google]
1459253479189.jpg
1 MB, 2044x3207
He has great information. Bullshit is kept to a minimum when he's giving advice on lifting + nutrition.

However, he clearly lacks the discipline and motivation to practice what he preaches.

Take Mike Tyson's coach for example. He doesn't look like he trains at all yet has produced results for one of histories greatest boxers - arguably the best.

I've followed Blaha since his Ice cream fitness days and his gear talks really opened my eyes. I still frequent his videos on a daily and take what sounds reasonable and applicable to me.
>>
Looking good OP, much stronger than these other Anons.
I would push it further like use your body to get ahead, join the CIA or something, they are looking for Op's at the moment
>>
>>36753919
the guy actively seeks out licensed physical therapists and athletics coach that dare to shit on his pseudoscience.

Blhaha is a fucking joke. Even his program is shit; literally SL with way too many assistance lifts.
>>
>>36751032
you look the same bro. i dont know what to tell you... sometimes the truth is harsh
>>
>>36754251
Bro what are you talking about Jason Blaha weighs 308 @ 5% bodyfat deadlifts over 900 lbs and has a rather peculiar gf GG>
>>
>>36754083
>licensed physical therapists
>athletics coach

I've met physiotherapists who disagreed that as humans age they loose LBM due to aging factors. A so called 'professional' who spent years studying at university knew less than a self educated /fit/izen.

My point is that no one has all the answers. Some people know more others know less. I can see why Blaha gets all the the hate.

You still haven't swayed my opinion on him or convinced me to jump on the 'hate' bandwagon and boycott his videos.

As long as you have a solid plan in terms of diet, progressive over load with weights and optionally a steady supply of hormonas you will progress period.
>>
>>36754533
>i have anecdotal evidence so i'm right

but the difference between a professional and Blaha is that their science is evidence based and duplicate, Blaha just spouts common weightlifting know-how that has been long established. He's hardly an authority on fitness or strength.

Blahaha doesn't bring anything new to the table, nor does he have empirical proof that his program is anything remarkably different than all the other beginner routines that are out there.

That's the reason why people dislike or outright hate him, because he likes to cultivate an air of an authority on fitness despite his lack of any certification, experience as a professional coach, or even a decent looking body as "proof" that his program is worth consideration.
>>
>>36754533
>>36755588
i'm not saying you can't make gains on ICF, because as everyone knows you can make gains as long as you eat at caloric surplus with progressive overload. The problem with Blahaha is that he think his follower's noob gains are somehow attributed strictly to his SUPERB program design, and not just physiological response of completely untrained bodies to physical exertion.

his ego basically blew up, and started swinging his golem body around bashing on anyone who dared to criticize him or his program. I remember a while back he had a row with some doctor of physical therapist over something obscenely stupid. The guy is just a massive fuck up all around.

mediocre program from a mediocre guy with a mediocre body
>>
>>36755588
>>36755685

LOL.

Yeh I can see your point. Personally I've just been accustomed to using the 'bro' split. Shoulder/Back/Chest/Legs REST REST Repeat.

Have not actually implemented his 'training' program to comment on it.

You've spoken some undeniable 'truths' /fit/izen. He does at times tout a pompous attitude. He definitely is not THE authority on nutrition. No one person actually is.

I have to admit recently he hasn't made any worthwhile videos that have taught me anything. I think I'm just watching his daily videos out of habit.

I miss the gear talk series the most and quite a few of the coffee chat ones.
>>
>>36751032
Cool bro.
>>
>>36751032
Whoah, serious mass! More than Serge Nubret I would say...
>>
>>36751032
Lol you look strong but you really need to cut.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.