[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guy A >eat whatever they want or feel like >just train
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: 560d80221900002f00fdef68.jpg (74 KB, 630x441) Image search: [Google]
560d80221900002f00fdef68.jpg
74 KB, 630x441
Guy A
>eat whatever they want or feel like
>just train whatever and dont have any kind of routine
>fuck around in the gym most of the gym
>get shit faced every weekend
>do party drugs
>still make really good gains

Guy B
>track every gram, every calorie, food scale, autism etc
>train min-maxing theory-crafting best routines
>never drink
>never do drugs
>make shitty gains

Why is this allowed to happen?
>>
>>36749473
because guy B thinks he can plan his way to success and isn't pushing himself, and guy A is just going 100% at everything he does.
>>
>>36749473
guy A is a young stud who is still getting ultra natural test gains because hes under 20. guy B is in his later 20s and is convinced he knows how to track calories and train, but is failing at both as well as having a slower metabolism and lower test.
>>
I'm guy A minus the partying and eating what ever. I do watch my diet somewhat.

>>36749483 is right. If you aren't crawling out of the gym half alive you aren't doing it right.
>>
I am exact like guy B but skinny as fuck and really high metabolism... how does this happen.. ?
>>
>>36749519
>high metabolism

This is retarded. There is no such thing. Fast/slow metabolism aren't a thing breh.
>>
>>36749473
Thats what happens when survival of the fittest no longer applies and everybody survives. Some people are just born significantly better than others. There's nothing anyone can do about until we come up with tech to improve your genome, its just something you have to accept and move on from. Just be thankful you weren't born a downie or something
>>
>>36749473
Guy A is me without the party drugs. It's just superior genetics anon. Some people breed better children
>>
>>36749527
There is. TDEE and calorie counting is hardly an exact science the way people like us can calculate it, but it certainly helps as a guideline.

He's also probably doing more cardio than he realises throughout the day.
>>
>>36749530
>Muh genetics

No.
>>
>>36749527
It's totally a thing anon. Just because you don't want to believe in something doesn't mean it's not real
>>
>>36749544
Or he's overestimating his intake. People always claim they 'eat big' when it realty it's half of what they need. I did it for a long time.
>>
>>36749549
Go read about metabolism.
>>
>>36749549
So metabolism refers to the body converting substrates into energy for muscle contraction and other functions. Speed has nothing to do with anything and anyone who believes otherwise is retarded and looking for excuses as to why their diet is off.
>>
>>36749553
Spot on, I just assumed he'd be more exact with it considering him saying he counts.

Eating big is fucking hard, I'm DYEL as fuck and I need almost 4k calories per day on a bulk. Eating lots doesn't mean eating calories, it's fucking hard sometimes.

There are those journals that always make me laugh "Rate of overreporting of exercise and underreporting of diet in obese patients", but that's more fat cunts being useless fucks.
>>
>>36749572
I think 'fast metabolism' is similar to 'stomach flu' or 'head cold'. It's not describing the reality of the situation, but something in layman's terms so retards can understand.

A 'fast' or 'slow' metabolism just refers to the efficiency of a specific person's intake of substrate etc. There are differences between everyone, but it's mostly inconsequential.

It's never an excuse, but it is a real thing.
>>
>>36749591
See this makes sense. From my perspective most people claiming 'fast' metabolism mean imagine their body just releases calories into the air or some shit because they magically use up energy so fast or something. I actually can't even wrap my head around the logic behind it.
>>
I stopped tracking macros/calories and all that bullshit the moment I had a conversation with the most aesthetic guy at my gym and when I asked him what his diet was like or if he tracked macros/calories, he said he's never counted calories and doesn't even know what a macro is and just eats whatever.

I literally deleted myfitnesspal off my phone that day and haven't tracked macros/calories since. Funny thing is I'm looking better without doing that shit.

I have a feeling being so autistic about what you eat lowers test and increases cortisol and fucks gains up from being so worried about what you gotta eat.
>>
>>36749545
Nobody in my family is fat or probably ever will be. It's not space magic
>>
>>36749673
Eat a surplus without exercise and you'll change that easy.
>>
>>36749681
Been there , done that and I'm still in shape. Genetically superior. Whole pizzas, liters of soda, McDonald's 4 mcdoubles and a McChicken with a large fries for months and still 145
>>
>>36749713
Post body then. Sounds disgusting btw. Also, 145?

>DYEL

Opinions discarded.
>>
File: Based_splits.png (388 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Based_splits.png
388 KB, 800x600
Not drinking/partying and never improvising in the gym or kitchen are not very good signs. Chances are that guy B is a lowtest beta bitch which means that

1. He doesnt push himself in the gym. He does his autistic plan of exactly 3x5 on X weight and thats that. No extra sets or upped weights when he's having a good day.

2. Beta usually means low test and possibly other examples of genetic inferiority such as a lanky frame, unfortunate muscleinsertions etc.

3. Autistic tendencies often means warped perception in other areas than just social interaction. Guy B might think that doing SS is a GREAT idea for gains because a mongolian yakherding forum told him so, or believes that Jeff seid isnt on roids and copies his routine.
>>
>>36749713
You are not a genetic impossibility. You likely eat way less than what you think you do. If you don't, you probably have Crohn's disease, which means you'll never be muscular and you'll die early.
>>
>>36749713
>145
>Posting here

Shoo shoo
>>
>>36749545
But it is genetics you retard. There's virtually no other reason why two people putting in the same amount of effort wouldn't be achieving similar results. If two shit humans breed, they will have a shit kid. If two godlike superhumans breed, they're kid will be a godlike superhuman. Thats how it works. HAES won't save you my stupid friend
>>
>>36749713
>145
>gentically superior

I know what you meant about metabolism and your delusions about breaking the laws of thermodynamics etc, but 145?
>>
>>36749545
What a analytical and critically thought out response.

> what is critical thinking and constructive criticism?
>>
Someone link that article of that woman who has a 5-6k RESTING metabolism with no exercise. I think its some britbong. She gets medically tested and it shows a BMR of like 5,500 and his rail thin and she literally needs caloric dense foods all day to not die.
>>
>>36749634
>From my perspective most people claiming 'fast' metabolism mean imagine their body just releases calories into the air or some shit because they magically use up energy so fast or something

they are. its bled out as heat.
>>
>>36749771
This is what lazy people believe. Kek. Both my parents were overweight and generally frail people. I am fit and my doctor always compliments my health. Fuck off with your genetics garbage faggot.
>>
>>36749507
>fat dyel detected
>>
>>36749791
I mean they imagine like 4000 calories just disappearing instantly.
>>
>>36749483
This. It's a matter of mentality. What for guy A is "just training or whatever" for guy B would be killing yourself in gym.
>>
>>36749771
But what if one of the two is a delusional 4chan semi-autist doing SS that THINKS he's putting in the same effort as the other guy?
>>
>>36749808
>Can't read
>>
Guy B is autistic and applies a mediocre but still firm strategy while guy A just goes all out like he does with the rest of his life. When it comes to gains, hard works beats pretty much everything else.

Autistic programs might be good for "powerlifting" though.
>>
>>36749483
Also sports gains. People miss out on this shit, years of sport training means something. I played hockey for years before touching a weight, and I hit a three plate squat and four plate deadlift after six months of basically fucking around with weights. While I know some people will sneer and shit post and greentext
>3 plate squat after 6 months
>impressive
>pick one
I'm not saying those are great, impressive numbers, but we all know there are plenty of guys who get caught up on two plate squats for a long time, and part of me having no problem getting past that is the fact that I spent hours every week on the ice for years, so even just fucking around in the gym without a real plan pushed me beyond these guys who aren't pushing it really.
>>
>>36749473
what a sad genetically inferior life some people must live. Going from meal to meal counting every single calorie out of fear of not knowing which one will " put them over maintenance ".

not all men were created equal
>>
>>36749591
>It's not describing the reality of the situation, but something in layman's terms so retards can understand.
that "something" is undereating and overeating.
>>
>>36749771
>There's virtually no other reason why two people putting in the same amount of effort wouldn't be achieving similar results.
?????

There are many reasons:
>sleep quality
>hormones
>stress level
>routine
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.