[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw fell for the deadlift meme Why does my lower back hurt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: images (1).jpg (21 KB, 442x332) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
21 KB, 442x332
>tfw fell for the deadlift meme

Why does my lower back hurt
>>
File: gook laugh.png (41 KB, 356x475) Image search: [Google]
gook laugh.png
41 KB, 356x475
>>
Because
A) you're using shit form
B) you have shit posture and a weak core so your lower back is compensating
>>
You have shit form in everything you do.
>>
>>36747529
This. Engage your hammies and glutes, stop lifting only with your back.

And learn how to stretch. Spend at least 10 minutes streching after every workout.
>>
>>36747487
I'm with ya OP.

Thread I made, /fit/ was telling me to do back extensions. Been doing them for a week.
Hitting DL tomorrow, see how it goes.
>>
>>36747487
I just started doing them again myself, don't be afraid to take it slow and work on form for a while.
>>
I got some pretty severe pain here from squatting. I don't know if it's my posture, not engaging my core enough or a weak lower back or all three.

But i'd been done that weight plenty of times before with no pain and one day it just decided to fuck my shit up
>>
>have perfect deadlift form since first attempt
>cannot figure out squat form, injure mid back with less than 2pl8
my mid back hurts
>>
>>36747705
This happened to me a few weeks ago. I snapped my shit squatting a weight that wasn't even heavy for me. I have been squatting for years with no problems.

Slowly was trying to build the squat back up with some minor discomfort, only to snap my shit up on a measly 2 plates on Monday.

Can't squat, can't dead. Basically a bench bro at this point.

I can only hope I didn't perma snap my shit up, but shit fucking hurts acutely right now.
>>
>>36747809
Sounds about the same as me. Im considering just doing chest, lat and arm stuff for a while.

I had no problem at 1 plate, then bumped it up to 80 and by the fourth rep it was excruciating. Couldn't even unrack the weights after that. And i've done 90+ plenty of times no problem.
>>
>>36747487
Deadlifts and cleans are honestly just kinda dangerous. I hurt myself doing them as a collegiate athlete with professional coaches and trainers and years of experience with the lifts.

Everybody wants to be a hardass and say that any lifting injury comes down to form, but fuck that. People need to know that they're taking a risk when they get into this stuff.
>>
Lol i did deadlifts today as last exercise and used mainly my back. Stings like a bitch.
>>
Deadlifts are a meme, just do pendlay rows
>>
>>36748173
Two completely different excercises brother. Both are amazing.
>>
Arch your lower back when bracing for the pull.

Fixed all my problems because I defaulted to a rounded position even if in my mind I was staight and neutral.
>>
>>36747487
Because you have poor form. If you really think dead lifts are a meme then don't do them and stay weak.
>>
I stopped doing deadlifts and squats after 4 years of lifting. I realized that they're not needed for developing a nice body and now my back pains have also relieved quite a lot.
>>
I don't enjoy deadlifts and squats any more.

What can I do instead of them? I already do cleans and pendlay rows.
>>
>>36749163
Try blowjobs faggot
>>
>>36749163
variations

try doing front squat and sumo dl or something
>>
>>36747569
>stop lifting only with your back.
do you even anatomy?
>And learn how to stretch. Spend at least 10 minutes streching after every workout.
flexibility has nothing to do with deadlifting 99% of the time
>>36748804
"i dl under 4 plate with shit form" the post
>>
Farmer Walks if you don't want to do squats.
>>
File: 1451984976601.jpg (7 KB, 213x213) Image search: [Google]
1451984976601.jpg
7 KB, 213x213
>>36749227
I dled 5 plates with quite good form. I was even form checking in /fit/ from time to time, so gtfo dyel.
>>
>>36747487
Because you have lower back DOMS. Same thing happened with me. Now I can diddly with no pain at all
>>
>>36747487
>>36747569
remember to engage your lats too, its what helps me get closer/lower to the bar. ensure the bar is right up against your shins before you start your reps. AND, if you're using straps, then stop. your back is lagging along with your grip.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.