[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any alternatives to squat when your gym only has smith
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1445060580396.png (159 KB, 306x476) Image search: [Google]
1445060580396.png
159 KB, 306x476
Are there any alternatives to squat when your gym only has smith machines? Going to another gym is not an option.
>>
you can get someone to spot you
>>
>>36746055

I don't think you understand me, anon.

I can't do squats because the only barbells are fixed on machines. As in no free weights.
>>
>>36746043
Bodyweight squats
Goblet Squats

Fuck you could even improvise cable squats if you were that desperate
>>
Squat in the smith machine or don't do squats. Did you really need to make a thread to figure this out?
>>
>>36746096

>doing squats in the smith machine

Heard that was awful for your joints.
>>
>>36746043
have a bro clean the weight, then place it on your back
>>
>>36746043
sumo squats bruh
>>
>>36746096

> squats in the smith machine

DO NOT DO THIS

It locks you into an unnatural movement and does not allow your secondary and tertiary muscles to do the work they should do. Goblet squats are your best bet.
>>
>>36747179
Ive seen smiths that can move freely back and forth as well as up and down.
Better form could be made, but still stabilisation is an issue.

Is this still terrible?

Also, maybe dumbbells, depending on your gyms range and your lifts
>>
Goblet squats and Bulgarian lunges. I mean... They have dumbbells right?
>>
>>36746043
get a skateboard, of course.
>>
>>36747462
works 10/10 for me, squatting couldn't be more fun
>>
2 options, clean the bar and place it in your back
or place it on a curl rack and start it from bottom position with a spot
>>
Replace squats with dumbbell lunges. You'll always miss squats, but lunges are massively underrated IMO.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.