[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
training with only barbell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: shutterstock_165047225.jpg (29 KB, 750x400) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_165047225.jpg
29 KB, 750x400
I was wondering what sort of progress you could make if only using a barbell - no squat rack, no bench etc.

you could do deadlifts and all its variations, overhead press, push press, cleans, rows, floor press, shrugs, curls, front squats (theyd have to be high rep)

i think id do an upper lowr split like so:
A
Floor press, rows, curls
B
Deadlifts, high rep front squats
C
ohp, push press, rows and curls, shrugs
D
snatch deadlifts, cleans, lunges

what would u do without a squat rack or bench?
anyone willing to try?
>>
>>36745964
A barbell is all that is necessary
>>
Without posterior chain development you'll be a weak shitter back squat is necessary
>>
>>36745990
>without posterior chain development
>no squat rack means everything must be pulled off the floor
>>
>>36745964
you can pretty much do everything besides bench and back squats.

obviously you should get those things when you can, however, you can hit virtually every muscle with a barbell and some weights, my nigga
>>
>>36745980
What if the situation were reversed and all you had was dumbbells. Dumbells that went up to like 300pounds?
>>
>>36747328
With a simple flat bench and DBs you can do a lot

Dumbell rows are arguably better than barbell rows

You can adjust the placement of DBs on your shoulder to make it more front or back style squat

I've never heard of doing deadlifts with DBs it's probably ineffective and hard to get enough weight

You can do OHP with DBs as well
>>
>Front squat
>Ohp
>Deadlift
>Floor press
>Rows

Not ideal but you're a beginner, you'll make plenty of gains. Find a way to do pullups too.
>>
all major muscles can be worked with a barbell everything else is supplementary.
>>
>>36747362
You would do back extensions and lunges instead of deadlifts.
>>
>>36747328
Also fine
>>
couldn't you do back squat, though. if you clean, then push press, then lower it onto your back? it's inefficient, but it could be done.
>>
>>36747398
not a beginner (dl 370, sq 320, bench 205 ohp 150) just had a thought
>>
>>36748931
if your squat is anywhere near your press/cnj you are doing it so so so wrong though

your squat would stall super early
>>
Just look up to oly routine, everything you need
>>
>>36745990
HACK LIFTS
A
C
K

L
I
F
T
S
>>
you could arguably build a better looking body without a squat rack and bench.
>>
>>36747362
you can do slds and Romanian dls with dumbbells
>>
>>36745964
Download freeletics gym - All it needs is a bar and bench
>>
>>36750190
wow what a stupid shitty app!
>>
>>36745964

Land mine thruster
Land mine row
Floor press
>>
dubs has to do this
>>
>>36750424
Why do you say that?
>>
>>36750602
ahah im joking. it looks like a good app. the training seems to be also very fair in its pricing.
>>
>>36750703
t. creator of freeletics gym app
>>
>>36745964
Front squats are nice and easy and go really well with cleans. Back squat is doable if you use a technique called a steinborn squat where you tilt the bar on its side and roll it over your shoulder onto your back. There is a knack to this but it's not too hard. If you get olympic rings you can also do dips instead of bench, and I guess it should be possible to use the nylon webbing to hang a barbell and squat from the hole. Obviously you'd have to be careful about dumping the bar.
>>
>>36750932
I see there is 'strength couplets' 'workouts' and 'challenges'. how would these be programmed? i'd imagine something like the couplets weekly, workouts/challenges as a monthly sort of mix it up thing?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.