[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any validity to the Uberman sleep schedule? Have any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 200px-Uberman.svg.png (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
200px-Uberman.svg.png
13 KB, 200x200
Is there any validity to the Uberman sleep schedule? Have any of you tried it? Did it work?
>>
>>36742393
good luck finding a job
>>
>>36742393
Only works if you are a NEET, freelancer, your own boss or working in a place where your boss is not going to kill you for sleeping during work time.
>>
This is damn near my sleep schedule due to necessity and I feel like shit. I'd say no it's not uber anything and not good for you
>>
>>36742393
Its biologically impossible to adapt into any of those schedules beyond the siesta one (Shorter night sleep with a hour-ish long noon nap). I mean you can pull them off but you will be sleep deprived and feel bad, the effects will accumulate over time and get worse too. It could work temporarily I suppose, especially with some nootropics mixed in, like modafinil.
>>
>>36742393
There is no validity. You're constantly tired, and you're really fucked if you miss a nap.
>>
File: 1449605208180.png (140 KB, 381x448) Image search: [Google]
1449605208180.png
140 KB, 381x448
>>36742393

>>Uberman sleep schedule

Holy shit, I come back to /fit/ a few times a year and it still hasn't changed with its FADS.

Also the Uberman is more of a state of mind, you follow/act the same of people you look up too..but in the end its your own traits that you need to understand to get you far.
>>
Tried it, failed to even be able to adapt past like 5-6 days
>>
you really need to be a place where you can leave humanity behind to proceed but you adapt and get all your REM sleep after acclimated.
>>
>>36742644
>FADS
It's a bunch of shit but that schedule has been around for years.
>>
>>36742393
Is that supposed to be Übermensch?
>>
>>36742393
It works but it's hard to convince my boss that im more productive this way
>>
>>36743227
oy vey
>>
Go to bed around 9 wake up at 1 for an hour or 2 pee break/glass of water/ bangnightowlgirlfriend/back to sleep till 6.
>>
>>36742636
can confirm. i work freelance and sometimes will do 30+ hours all in one sitting, as well as 90+ hour weeks and have played with different sleep schedules that keep me from going nuts. pretty much anything aside from roughly 8 hours a night is going to start wearing you down eventually. when im in production ill sleep roughly 4 hours and maybe have a thirty minute nap during the day, but i can only do this for a month or so before i need to get an actual nights sleep .
>>
Take it from someone who has worked 120 hour weeks and gotten by for 4 hours of sleep for weeks on end. There comes a point where you WANT to sleep more. It's not a need, it's a want. Being awake all the time starts to suck after a while.
>>
Uberman only works with cocaine
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.