[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone injure themselves in their sleep? Is this even possible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
I woke up this morning with a sore left trap muscle. Not DOMS pain though, it feels like its been pulled/strained or something. Ive had this pain before a few times in the same place, its familiar to me.

Have I injured myself in my sleep somehow? Or was this something that happened yesterday and it takes a day for the pain to arrive or something? My gran passed away last week and we were clearing out her flat yesterday, I lifted a lot of heavy furniture/boxes at weird angles to get them down the stairs. It could've been that?
>>
a friend of mine once punched the wall so hard while sleeping that he broke it.
>>
>>36738303
To clarify, he broke the arm not the wall.
>>
>>36738074
I fuck my delt area/rotary cuff from tossing in my sleep or sleeping in an incorrect position.
I had atrophied msucles on top of that. Started lifting a month back and it happens less.
You have to actively change your sleeping posture. How do you normally sleep? On your stomach, Side, Back?
>>
>>36738074
I cut myself on the night stand like 8 years ago, still got a scar on my forearm.
>>
>>36738314
Im a side sleeper. Ive tried switching to back sleeping but I cant seem to fall asleep like that.
>>
>>36738074
sounds maybe like a small inflamation
IF that's the case just rest for some days and/or deload weights you lift with the injured muscle
>>
I once fell asleep in perfect health and woke up in A&E. Fractured arm, ribs, dislocated knee and lacerations everywhere. Last time I ever rode my motorbike at night.
>>
>>36738074
I scratched my face whilst sleeping some years ago

I tried to shorten my nails as much as possible, still I got scratches - always on my forehead, next to my hairline
>>
File: 1418110741373.jpg (29 KB, 402x327) Image search: [Google]
1418110741373.jpg
29 KB, 402x327
>>36738953
>>
I clench my fists at night and tend to dig my nails into my palms so hard they cut the skin. I have to keep my nails short because of it, and sometimes wear gloves.
>>
One night I clenched my jaw so hard that I broke a piece of my teeth off.
>>
>>36738074
I used to pull my hair out in my sleep, and when I was fat I'd often cut off the circulation in my limbs and would wake up several times a night thinking I'd lost my arm when actually it was just suffocating beneath a roll of flab somewhere. Also used to get sleep apnoea lmao. Health at Every SizeĀ®
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 506x337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 506x337
I wokeup resting my head on my forearm. Couldnt use my elbow for a few hours.
>>
>>36738074
did exactly this the other day. neck nearly immobile for the first day.

if you're anything like me, it's your posture throughout the day and they way you sleep more than doing something in your sleep.
>>
>>36738074
I dislocated my shoulder in my sleep before
>>
>>36742728
uwotm8?

You practice sleep judo or something?
>>
This happens to me once every few months, I wake up pretty much unable to move my head. Shitsux mayne. I think I must sleep in retarded positions. I woke uo once with my head bent back against the headboard.
>>
I accidentally slept on ny stomach once because i heard it was a better sleeping position
I was obviously trolled because i woke up with a flattened penis the next day

It was like a hot dog and a pancake combined

A pandog?
>>
>>36738074
I fucked up my shoulder because I slept on my side. Its been about a week since I lifted.
>>
I slept on my side a couple weeks back and felt like I tore my rotator cuff. Had it checked out and everything. You just have to sleep on your back and let your arm rest at night. No sleeping with your head on your arm
>>
>>36743000
I get this laying on my stomach. It stems from your scapula. Quit benching and work on your back idiot
>>
>fall asleep on your arm
>wake up and it feels like your arm is dead
>>
>>36738074
i feel this girl so hard. I was in the grocery store the other day, a few days post- ACL surgery with not enough Vicodin, and both motorized carts were broken. I had to wait outside while my bf went shopping for me. So humiliating
>>
>>36738074
Pushed my front tooth with my lower teeth hard enough to crack it once. Spilt the tooth down the middle and cut into my gum.

Defintely talk to your dentist if you grind your teeth in your sleep, get a custom fitted mouthguard
>>
One time I woke up in terrible pain. My leg was killing me, I fell off my bed screaming in agony.

It got worse. I finally realized I had to hold the leg down to stop the pain because moving it made it hurt even more.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.