[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything more degenerate than lifting culture? Ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8
File: feels wave.gif (965 KB, 498x266) Image search: [Google]
feels wave.gif
965 KB, 498x266
Is there anything more degenerate than lifting culture?

Ever since I have gotten fit I am being treated differently by other fit men, like I am "one of them" now, part of some secret club. It annoys me. They are almost always in outfits that could barely be describes as clothes, slurring in some woggish version of English even though they are white as snow, speaking in internet memes even though they are the normiest of normies, and vapid belong belief.

I enjoy being fit, but being associated with these people insults me. I'm not a robot, far from it, but I certainly wouldn't call myself a normie. I am a cyborg. But without the instant recognition of social status that a failed physical form grants I am almost constantly being approached by normies in my university classes or other activities who are trying to be social with me.

Why won't people just leave me the fuck alone?

You said things would be better if I got fit, /fit/, but they're worse than ever.
>>
>>36737766
autism desu
>>
>>36737766
Casual lifting culture is an oozing abscess on society. Just find some gym bros that actually take training seriously and are as autistic as you and you'll be fine.
>>
>>36737766
>double double get

But if it bothers you so much just kill yourself faggot
>>
>>36737766
>Is there anything more degenerate than lifting culture?

>gay/tranny
>liberal
>American partying college student
>nigger
>gun nut
>trump supporter

Pick any or all of those.
>>
>>36737793
What a fucking stupid post.
>>
>>36737766
Why don't you just get over yourself and relax? Have some fun with these people who actually want to be your friend.
>>
>>36737766
Holy shit I made so many typos in this post.

described*
beyond*
>>
>>36737807
Kill yourself.
>>
>>36737766
>I am a cyborg.

cringe
>>
>>36737837
>cringe xD
>>
>>36737843

Exactly, to show you how many goosebumps I got from you
>>
File: where do you think we are.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
where do you think we are.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>36737807
>Have some fun with these people who actually want to be your friend.
But I don't want them to be my friend because they annoy me.

Imagine somebody who is a social ghost. People cannot see them except for when they want to be seen, and then the people who see them react in horror.

That was me. That's what I'm used to.

Now I am in a strange unfamiliar world and I don't like it. I don't like how people interrupt things I am doing out of the blue to make inane conversation. I don't like people coming up to me in tutorials when we're supposed to be forming groups and being all pal-y. I especially don't like when I am sitting alone at a table in one of the cafeterias and having random people sit down opposite me and start making conversation.

All of these things happen to me. At least every second day something happens that shits me off, and it never happened when I looked like a ghoul.

The problem is this lifting subculture that makes people who are fit think they automatically have something in common with other people who are fit, as if going to the gym is a thing in and of itself. It's as bad as being a rabid sportsfan obsession over pointless bullshit. I was once stuck in a three hour(!) conversation about lifting routines and strategies. I wanted to blow my fucking brains out. Especially with the way those mongoloids can barely mangle out the English language and consistently make terrible jokes.
>>
>>36737766
OP is a faggot
>>
You might replace the "instant recognition of social status" that was based in physique with something else. Have you ever wanted to wear something/a style that was "socially unacceptable"?
>>
>>36737871
That's a good idea. Maybe I should wear a Trump hat. Or a leather trench coat.
>>
>>36737837
His whole post is cringe. Jesus fuck OP has the worst autism ive ever seen on this board which is actually impressive.
>>
>>36737851
grow long hair and a big beard.
wear headphones (wouldn't stop everyone, though).
>>
>>36737851
This is why I said to get over yourself. I barely made it past the first paragraph of you talking about yourself. You aren't special.
>>
>>36737766
post a picture of yourself
>>
>>36737766
or youre just autistic
it's fun and games, lad.
maybe you#re just irritated by the fact that there isnt many intelligent people among them
>>
>>36737851
too autistic for this world desu

I feel bad for your parents, raising a mentally retarded person must be tough
>>
>>36737766
Well, OP, sounds like you're confusing college bro culture with lifting culture. Come back in a few years.

I too, find that I've been welcomed into lifting culture, but as an adult, it's completely different. It's actually about the lifting, the discussions revolve around diet, training, physique and posing technique. Most people in the culture here are aged 25+, well versed in basic kinesiology, nutrition, a little bit of bro science, but usually prefaced with "this is something I've found works for me, though it's hard to explain why" instead of coming up with some bullshit reason why.
The difference, I guess, could be that the guys I'm talking about range in age from about 22 years old to about 50. A few are a little older or a little younger, but the bulk of us are around that age. Also, it's more of the bodybuilding community than just the general gym community. Both gyms I use regularly are mostly used by competitive bodybuilders. Either way, OP, sorry your gym is so degenerate, hopefully you find one with some adults soon.
>>
>>36737902
This, if my kid was half as autistic as OP I'd probably just drown him in the bathtub and start over
>>
>>36737931
Excellent, here's your upvote for sharing.
>>
>>36737889
No, long hair is annoying and beards are itchy.

>>36737896
What do you think you are accomplishing with your posts?

>>36737900
No. But I can guarantee you I'm nothing special. Relatively trim with middling facial aesthetics. Some scarring left over from terrible acne but nothing too disfiguring. We all have our crosses to bear.

>>36737901
>maybe you#re just irritated by the fact that there isnt many intelligent people among them
This is definitely part of it.

>>36737915
>Well, OP, sounds like you're confusing college bro culture with lifting culture. Come back in a few years.
This could be it, too. I suppose I haven't met many gym-goers who were older than me. But even so, the whole concept of a "gym culture" just boggles my mind. It's not that bloody complicated. I don't understand how people can talk about it day in day out for months on end. It's just not that interesting.

The worst part is that these people aren't even at a higher level of passion. If you were chasing a bodybuilding contract or competition victory then I'd understand, but these people don't even care about that. They are just casual lifters who won't shut the fuck up about their on-again off-again hobby.
>>
I mean I think slang and revelling in the stereotype of the brainless gym rat is just something lifters enjoy doing. Gym attire hasn't changed to much in the past few decades either, no sane person ever lifted in black tie. The whole "vapid beyond belief thing" is extremely presumptuous on your part, I don't go to the gym or bars or parties to be an intellectual, I go there to have shallow alcohol fuelled fun or hard physical work as a break from life.

You honestly sound either autistic or so elitist you're effectively autistic, normal people would consider your life to have improved.

If you want people to leave you alone, just tell people to straight up fuck off when they try to talk to you. You'll get a reputation as "that asshole" pretty quickly and people will give you a wide berth.
>>
>>36737984
>The whole "vapid beyond belief thing" is extremely presumptuous on your part, I don't go to the gym or bars or parties to be an intellectual
It sounds like you don't really go anywhere to be an intellectual. The assumption that I am incapable of recognising a moron when I see one is offensive, and your opinions on people you have never met and who you have no experience with do not particularly matter to me.

>If you want people to leave you alone, just tell people to straight up fuck off when they try to talk to you. You'll get a reputation as "that asshole" pretty quickly and people will give you a wide berth.
It's difficult to retain interpersonal efficacy when you're an asshole, though. If I wanted people to fuck off forever I could achieve that easily, but at some point I may want something from them. Especially people with whom I may be consigned to group assessment.
>>
File: 1456920354343_1.jpg (6 KB, 136x166) Image search: [Google]
1456920354343_1.jpg
6 KB, 136x166
>>36737766
>vapid belong belief.

What the fuck
>>
>>36737766
>>36737851
>>36737965
>>36738021

2EDGY4ME
>>
>>36738031
A regrettable typo.
>>
>>36738021
Exactly how euphoric do you feel right now? I can just feel the euphoria from here.
>>
Maybe you look like a fag, idk.

People approach me less now that i'm fit desu, I notest some guys perceive as a treat or act weird when i'm around their girls like I'm going to steal them or something.
Maybe you look like a nice guy op, idk, it's def not about being fit.
>>
>>36738021
Oh, you're a sociopath. This puts everything into perspective.
>>
>>36737766
autism
>>
>>36738075
>sociopath
I suspect not, though I understand that now that I have hurt your feelings you are going to lob every insult that you can at me.

>>36738051
I'd feel significantly more euphoric if you could solve my dilemma.

>>36738055
You must be lucky, then. The only thing that's really changed in my life is the level of athleticism of my body. I certainly don't dress any different or behave any different. It's possible that I look like a nice guy but you'd think those characteristics would have been evident prior to getting fit.
>>
>>36738120
Fuck it then. Stop lifting and get fat. Be the pathetic loser you were born to be.
>>
>>36737766
Is there anything more pathetic and autistic than OP?
>>
>>36738120
It's really hard to get your feelings hurt over an anonymous anime imageboard, but the pretentious apology is appreciated.

And I find sociopath to be more a descriptor than an insult. And if it turns out you are one, then your situation can't be helped, you will have to go your whole life suffering the presence of lesser beings such as ourselves.
>>
>>36738135
Consider suicide, dumb fucking faggot. I can already tell that you're fat and have zero gains to show because you've been pissing around the gym for the last six months.
>>
>>36737800
>guns are degenerate
Are you serious nigga
>>
>>36738135
But I enjoy lifting. I just don't enjoy lifters.

>>36738177
>And I find sociopath to be more a descriptor than an insult.
I'm not a sociopath.
>>
>>36737851

>become a meathead
>thinking that you don't have anything in common with other meatheads

the only solution is to lose your gains
>>
File: 1458450051459.jpg (20 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1458450051459.jpg
20 KB, 258x245
>>36738195
>I need muh semi automatic 40 round rifle so the gubment don't take muh freedoms.

I like shooting, but the redneck culture behind it is pure cancer.
>>
>>36738179
It's true, autistic people can't detect sarcasm.
>>
>>36738229
>12 years military.
>Highly recommend being aware of this.
>>
>>36738229
Why is it cancer?

Try answering without using a straw man.
>>
>>36738120
Once again, consider suicide.
>>
>>36738203
Gains goblins git gone.
>>
>>36738231
That poster was not me, the OP.
>>
I bet you OP is one of those tfw no gf posters, too. The sad thing is that he thinks he is somehow above the other people, when he most likely never will meet and experience love, create a family, or ever even be missed.

He most likely clings to this false notion of superiority as a defense mechanism for being so socially behind. Instead of working to improve and integrate into society, he does this

you're going to die within 70 years, then there is nothing
>>
File: 1409911885644.jpg (207 KB, 396x600) Image search: [Google]
1409911885644.jpg
207 KB, 396x600
>>36737888
this. lmao
>>
File: git rekt reddit.jpg (109 KB, 496x750) Image search: [Google]
git rekt reddit.jpg
109 KB, 496x750
>>36737766
>I'm not a robot, far from it, but I certainly wouldn't call myself a normie.
>I am a cyborg.
>>
>>36737766
Things did get better. You're just too much of an autistic to appreciate what you have.
>>
>>36738385
>he most likely never will meet and experience love, create a family, or ever even be missed.
I desire none of these things.

>you're going to die within 70 years, then there is nothing
The purpose of life isn't a futile quest for meaning. It's to keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead.
>>
File: fedora.jpg (48 KB, 469x463) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
48 KB, 469x463
>>36738021
>The assumption that I am incapable of recognising a moron when I see one is offensive
I'm writing my dissertation in archaeology right now, and I certainly don't consider myself a moron. I look like a stereotypical meathead/jock/lad because I'm 6'3 and 16st 7, and I probably act like that when I'm on a night out. I grunt and swear when I lift. I don't see how that would make me a moron. Honestly opie, I think you're a bitter virgin.

pic related: you
>>
>I am a human but I don't want to associate with other humans.
It's a hard life to live OP
>>
>>36737851
I feel you OP. I don't like to be around ppl anymore. Not out of hate or anything, I just want to be by myself. Ppl think im depressed because I do this, lmao.

>>36737889
That's the plan. I already have tarzan hair but I don't think im gona be able to grow a solid beard unfortunately.
>>
>>36738569
>archaeology
Confirmed moron. ;^)

Jokes aside, and let me clarify that the above was a joke, not an insult, my point is that these people who I find so abrasive are the kind of people who have no other topic of discussion as far as I have observed than the gym and the bitches and the social minutiae of their quiet, desperate lives. I'm going to make an assumption here and say that you probably have deeper thoughts than that, and express these verbally to other human beings in a manner that is mutually enjoyable by them. Everyone loves to slum it with the plebs occasionally, but you're not one. Not all the time. Not even most of the time. And you can always flip that switch and consider things analytically - the air of meatheadness is an air, not your actual being.

Not so for these people. If they've ever had an analytical thought in their lives it was surely only on the subject of fashion.

Bitter, yes. Virgin, no.
>>
File: 1460343048809.png (9 KB, 426x364) Image search: [Google]
1460343048809.png
9 KB, 426x364
>>36738593
Tuck me in and let me die.
>>
>>36737766

>part of some secret club

this can be applied to every group/people in human history.

> It annoys me

Try being less of a whiny bitch.

>outfits that could barely be describes as clothes

people can wear whatever they want. Try moving to Saudi Arabia. They impose a dress code by law.

>woggish version of English

all versions of English are a new version of English. Language changes constantly. Just because you don't like it, no one cares.

>white as snow

That doesn't matter anymore. No one gives a shit about 1800s science. Might as well say "Phrenology tells me the bumps on their skulls mean they shouldn't be wearing sneakers!"

>I enjoy being fit

Doesn't seem like it. An anonymous post on an image board has proven to me you are too caught up in the lives of other people to enjoy your own.

>I'm not a robot, far from it

You sound like most whiney 4channers. Are you sure?

>Why won't people just leave me the fuck alone?

Try complaining about shit that doesn't matter to them. That's the best and quickest way to lose friends.

>>36737785

Stop, lumping this retarded in with autistic people is an insult to autistic people.
>>
>>36738631

you have to actually get to know people before you start talking about deeper things... Are you seriously mistaking friendliness with actual friendship? They're not your friends, they're just not socially awkward

You're highly unlikely to meet somebody and start going off about the meaning of life, unless they're autistic like you
>>
>>36738229
That is actually true though. The second amendment is legitimately intended for overthrowing the government should it become tyrannical.
>>
>>36738707
>deeper things
Basic anthropology is not deep.

>They're not your friends
I'm aware of that, which is why it annoys me when they treat me like one.
>>
>>36738229

>le cancer maymay

It's not as much about protection from the government (even though this can be the case at some point in time, and HAS been the case).

It's more about protection from retarded mobs when the government is weak. Think of all the armed blacks who scared off KKK Lynch mobs.

If Iraqis and Syrians were allowed to own guns, ISIS wouldn't even exist right now.

The purges in communist Russia and China, the Khmer Rouge, Darfur and Rwanda.

All those things would've been significantly less worse if the population was allowed to defend itself.
>>
>>36738385
>>36738549
To think that there are people who think like edgy 13 yr old me. Where were you when I needed someone who confirms my bias so that we could revel in our collective illusion of superiority ?
>>
>>36738251
Not him, and I'll never give up my evil black rifles, but I can think of some cancerous stuff. People like Blaha and other tacticool geardos who believe they are HSLD tier 1 operators when really they're just some schmuck who did a tour where they sat around on bases and took some carbine classes back at home. Those people annoy me more than rednecks out having innocent fun blowing shit up. Maybe its just because they have internet presence. Every hobby has its cancer elements though.
>>
>>36737766
You sound autistic as hell desu senpai
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.