[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>home gym >too poor to buy nice looking oly plates >forced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
>home gym
>too poor to buy nice looking oly plates
>forced to buy poor man rubber oly plates

I have 500kg of rubber plates that were dirt cheap and do the job fine, but I have about $6000 saved up for emergency purposes.........I so badly want to unload on a ton of eleiko plates or something, but it feels like such a waste of money.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>36736035
It is a waste of money.

You have plates. They work. The end.
>>
>>36736035
ive been wanting to do the same, but seriously use the cheaper plates unless you are a serious professional and need to use the exact same weights youll be using in competition.
>>
>>36736053
and even then you should be training in a professional setting with your oly/plg bros and dont need a set for home
>>
File: IMG_1595.jpg (188 KB, 612x816) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1595.jpg
188 KB, 612x816
>>36736044
>>36736053
>>36736060

They look so ugly tho :(
>>
File: IMG_20160225_185530272.jpg (448 KB, 792x760) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160225_185530272.jpg
448 KB, 792x760
who gives a shit
>>
>>36736089
so what? don't be an idiot, buy something for your home gym that you don't have.
>>
I would say buy them

the issue isn't buying them, it's do you think you could invest that money elsewhere?
if you would enjoy it more then it's worth it

how about set a goal for yourself, if you can bench a plate, buy yourself a nice pair of oly plates, and then 1.5 plates etc, for example

going to get a lot of slack but seriously even if you are poor and want something like a nice suit. do it, but realise where the money is going and how'd you have to work

iwillteachyoutoberich.com etc
>>
>>36736157
Well I have everything for main lifts and accessories.

My treadmill just died on me, almost went up in flames actually. It was a cheap one though, and buying a good one would cost thousands...better off just walking around the block over and over.

Thinking bout maybe getting a leg press. But then again I already back squat, front squat and I have a trap-bar.....so that'll be a waste as well.

Not sure what else I could even buy, i guess i'll just not buy anything.
>>
>>36736180
>>36736110
if mine broke i would buy another tomorrow that thing means allot to me even though there expensive as fook

incline broke tho have to adjust manually
>>
>>36736180
>buying a good one would cost thousands
u w0t m8
if you don't know what to do with your money invest. buying shit you already have just because it has different material is just ridiculous
>>
>>36736110
cosy as fuck, how do you keep the spiders getting out of control?
>>
>>36736204
never really had a problem
>>
>>36736110

10/10 would squat in that.
>>
>>36736237
;)
>>
I would save the money OP

If you're going to buy eleiko anything, get the bar
>>
>>36736035
You already have 500kg of plates.

I doubt you can lift 500kg, so what is the point in buying more?

a plate is a plate, I use the cheapest nastiest plates you'll find but they weigh exactly what they claim to weigh.
>>
Just buy a few at a time and swap the old ones out. You don't need to buy another 500kg worth of weight at once. If you're legitimately poor don't do it. Appreciate what you have and work towards what you want in the future. Even if it's just some Eleiko plates
>>
>>36736799
the point is, he's a fucking faggot
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.