[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bulk or cut
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_0146.jpg (253 KB, 1242x1242) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0146.jpg
253 KB, 1242x1242
I'm going to basic training in about 10 weeks at Fort Benning.

Pic related is me a few weeks ago, I'm a little more muscular and a little more cut than I was when I took this.

My question is, should I bulk or cut right now? I've heard that basic training will make you lose (fat) weight like crazy, but I also wanna look good.
>>
File: itaintme.png (273 KB, 270x551) Image search: [Google]
itaintme.png
273 KB, 270x551
>>36734927
> bump
>>
>>36734927

Your going be In better shape than half of your peers. Yes. Even for a combat arms Mos at Benning. I would go with bulk. The only way to get enough protein at basic is to load up on cottage cheese at the dfac and for that your going to need at least 2 other guys willing to trade you there side portions.
>>
Are you running? Otherwise you're just extra weight.
>>
>>36735152
ya I figured it'd be pretty hard to get enough protein there

if I bulk now, do you think going to basic will make me cut back to like 12% bf?

I'm 14-15% right now for reference
>>
>>36735191
Well, I haven't been running recently since I have patellar tendonitis (that I didnt treat for 6 months while working on it), but I have been using a stationary bike and swim.

before I started resting though, I ran a lot
>>
>>36735226
I'm not even mil, but isn't basic a ton of calisthenics and running? Being built isn't going to help you much.
>>
>>36735205

Probably. Especially if you are going in the summer because it's hot as fuck. I never saw anyone actually bulk at benning. Only maintain or cut. And the guy who was maintaining was eating about 9 portions of cottage cheese a day if not more. All I can tell you for sure is that odds are you will lose weight as opposed to gain it. Plan accordingly.

Also Benning is awesome.
>>
>>36735264
pushups and sit-ups are required for the apft

plus, I want to prepared so that when I inevitably get smoked, I'll be ready

I'll probably get stuck with the M240b since I'm a manlet so I need to be able to lug that shit around
>>
>>36735278
I think its funny that most people I know who are going to basic are worried or afraid they won't make it and I'm just looking forward to it
>>
>>36734927
If your infantry then stay were you are. Don't bother bulking or you'll never get into A group for running. You'll only lose your excess fat. Prepare to figure out how to maintain with body weight at night though. You won't be seeing a real gym for a couple of months.
>>
>>36735301

That's the right attitude but don't get to cocky of course. All sorts of stupid shit can fuck you from sickness to disease or even a shitty warped barrel on your M4.

Just keep grinding out your push ups, sit ups and running. Also practice throwing for the grenade range. Get that shit on lock and don't roll your ankle on a ruck march and you will be fine. The rest is just patience. Red phase will suck though. No getting around that. Mostly just because litteraly everyone in your company will be sick from the shots. The sickness during red phase is the worst part though so just push through ot.
>>
>>36735342
I'm already A group senpai (at least I was before I took a break)

> tfw I'm physically able to run and I had my best time ever when I was "injured"
> tfw I have to endure this hell for a couple-few more weeks it make sure I dont re-injure anything
>>
>>36735288
The point of getting smoked isn't to be ready for it. The point is to be pushed farther than you're body is able to go, accepting it and not quiting. Picking up heavy shit and putting it back down isn't a single rep for your head or your heart. Hope you got an option 42 contract, regular army isn't shit.
>>
>>36735359
nope just regular old basic

Im going national guard

after I get back from basic I'm gonna contract as a cadet

Once I commission I'm gonna go to ranger school

then after a couple years I'll send in my SF packet
>>
>>36735374
Nice plan. My old plt ( scouts) had a cadet that took the same lane, well respected kid, started the hard way, ranger captain, teaches warfare college 15 years later with a 10/10 wife. Good luck, joes before hos.
>>
>>36736143
hooah
>>
>>36734927
Remove that smiley pls
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.